2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

51 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Yeah, the Clowney situation is pretty crazy. I keep hearing us and the Seahawks attached to him. That's about it. I would love to add him, but I wouldn't be mad if we didn't. Clowney, JJ, Mosely, and Williamson sounds really good. 

I'd be pretty surprised if we were the team that came away with Clowney.  But Seattle doesn't have a ton of cap space left, i don't think they really have the money to make it work without reworking some guys.  We might just get Clowney semi cheap due to no teams that are interested having any real money left.  

Listen. Our line won’t be top notch but it will be definitely improved. We have a top 5 rb in the nfl. We’d be crazy to not pair up ceedee lamb, Perriman and crowder. With Herndon/griffin TE Sam has all the weapons he needs. And letsnnot even forget about enunwa as a 4th. After the desir signing we’re straight enough at corner. Now let’s grab  clowney or Everson to pair him with Jenkins , ceedee lamb in 1st a tackle in rd 2, corner in rd 3 then a guard/tackle in rd 4 and we are straight. Cj Moseley and Williamson in the middle with Jamal and maye at safety. Thats a potential playoff team and I bet darnold throws for 4000.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I've been watching more tapes on the OT's & WR's. The order doesn't matter to me anymore, I just want us to pick them in the first two rounds. I keep forgetting OT's like Wilson, Cleveland, and Niang.  

I agree Rick, the first two rounds are key for us. the Perriman pickup was good but we still need that third WR who is a playmaker .  After we pick at 11 in the draft we don't pick again till the 48 pick in the draft. By the time we pick at 48 all the first tier WR's will be gone.

What JD has done I like. He’s made it to where we don’t have any “HUGE” holes on this team going into the draft. We certainly have areas that we need addressed... but no huge uphill battles. This is how I rank what we still need.

1. WRs: I don’t think we use the 11th pick on one... but imo it has become a bigger need than OL. Why? It’s clear the scheme we will run. Which relies a lot on WRs making plays. And we just don’t have the talent there right now to do that. I think 2 picks in Rounds 2-3 need to be used on a WR to fix this.

2. OL: not worried here bc I feel we do go OL at 11. Where the guy plays on the OL might be in question with what we’ve added. My bigger worry is JD valuing Jackson or Jones over Thomas here. Thomas to me might not have the ceiling of others... but has the highest floor outside of Wills. I don’t think we’re a franchise that can take that risk yet. I’d be happy drafting anyone of Wills, Wirfs, Becton, Thomas here.

3: Edge: Bringing back JJ was good. But we still need something. Basham has flashes, but hardly anything teams need to plan for. The easy fix would be to swap with JAX for Ngaouke or just sign Clowney. But that doesn’t seem the way JD is attacking this team building process. I think he’s going to use our cap to lock up guys like Adams rather than either of those moves. Making it to where we need to draft a guy. I think we draft an edge in the 3rd or 4th.

4: RB: This is more than likely Bell’s last season with us. A long term good RB will be needed. And I really don’t want to wait and draft and maybe have to start a rookie next year. I’d much rather draft the guy in the mid rounds this year, learn the offense and get some reps as a rookie and then give them a bigger role next season. For me one of our 3rds or a 4th is a prime spot for this.

5: CB: loved signing Desir and resigning Poole. But we lost some depth with Canady leaving. Also Austin got burned as much as he looked really good at times. So can’t really rely on him quite yet. For me I’d grab a CB with upside in Round 5 or later. Whoever we draft will be low on the depth chart. So no sense in wasting a valuable pick here.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

What JD has done I like. He’s made it to where we don’t have any “HUGE” holes on this team going into the draft. We certainly have areas that we need addressed... but no huge uphill battles. 

Which is what McStarbucks (I forget how to spell his name) never did and his BPA strategy didn't pan out.  Now Douglas can take pretty much whoever and it's not a bad pick.  I prefer Lamb because he'll be huge for Sam.  But whatever we pick won't be negative because there isn't a gaping hole anywhere now.

We have to remember....Eli had an abysmal line most of his career and he was best when he had his weapons.  We pick up JJ or Lamb then each offseason continue to improve the OL all of a sudden Sam takes off year 4,5 and we are Super Bowl contenders.

RE: Robby Anderson

There are a lot of conflicting reports out there. Boomer says they offered a 4 year, $40 million deal. My CAA contact said the Jets were rumored to have offered a 3 year, $30 million deal. Some are saying the Jets only offered a 1 year deal. 

Word is that the Jets were willing to give Robby a 1 year deal if that's what he wanted, but they absolutely had a multi-year offer on the table.

Some think that his reps were banking on the Jets were going to up their offer as things slowed down. They didn't. Kind of would have been a tail-between-your-legs situation for him. 

Just now, jetskid007 said:

RE: Robby Anderson

There are a lot of conflicting reports out there. Boomer says they offered a 4 year, $40 million deal. My CAA contact said the Jets were rumored to have offered a 3 year, $30 million deal. Some are saying the Jets only offered a 1 year deal. 

Word is that the Jets were willing to give Robby a 1 year deal if that's what he wanted, but they absolutely had a multi-year offer on the table.

Some think that his reps were banking on the Jets were going to up their offer as things slowed down. They didn't. Kind of would have been a tail-between-your-legs situation for him. 

:shrug:

• Like 2

I kinda wish they'd just give Washington a low round pick for Trent Williams but it won't happen.

They signed Fant with a promise to compete for the starting LT spot.  They view him as our LT next season. 

As long as our 1st is a WR or OT I'm happy. But I really hope we land one of these WRs because I see some serious upgrades over what we had since Marshall. If we could grab a OT and somehow get Denzel Mims I would be happy.