Jump to content
jetskid007

2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

Recommended Posts

Tyreke Hill & Travis Kelce would be 1st rd picks in their respective drafts in a re-draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

That's not being used as the excuse - I don't have a position. I'm simply offering history and context.

IDC if the Jets draft a WR @ 11 or pass-catchers on Day 2, as long as as we select guys who will actually see a second contract with this team, doesn't matter

The thing is there’s no guarantee we do go WR in Round 2. We go OT at 11 and let’s say we love a pass rusher at 48. Now what we’re giving Darnold is pretty awful once again. What good is protecting him if he’s throwing to guys who aren’t any good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DowNY said:

Tyreke Hill & Travis Kelce would be 1st rd picks in their respective drafts in a re-draft.

They would be 5th-7th round picks had they played under Todd Bowles.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

The thing is there’s no guarantee we do go WR in Round 2. We go OT at 11 and let’s say we love a pass rusher at 48. Now what we’re giving Darnold is pretty awful once again. What good is protecting him if he’s throwing to guys who aren’t any good.

I don't disagree but then again, nothing is guaranteed

At the end of the day, if I were to bet, I say we got OT first and then WR second, wherever those picks end up being

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Go do your research- I have no need to do your dirty work.

2019 Playoff teams:

BUF - Good QB, top notch HC

NEP - Elite QB, Elite HC

NO - Elite QB, Elite HC

PHI - Top end QB, Top end HC (great example of top OL but no WRs killing a season)

GB - Elite QB, Good HC

HOU - Elite QB, bad HC

TEN - Avg QB, Top Notch HC?

MIN - Avg QB, Avg HC, (your best example of drafting OL and finding WRs)

SEA - Elite QB, Top Notch HC

BAL - Elite QB?, Top Notch HC

SF - meh QB, Elite HC

KC - Elite QB, Elite HC

 

So 5-7 of 12 of teams in the playoffs had a top QB, HC combo. 10/12 had one or the other. So yes, "most of those teams have an elite QB and top notch HC."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Is "Fallacy" the word of the day on your dictionary calendar?

Yes, even though it clearly should be yours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

2019 Playoff teams:

BUF - Good QB, top notch HC

NEP - Elite QB, Elite HC

NO - Elite QB, Elite HC

PHI - Top end QB, Top end HC (great example of top OL but no WRs killing a season)

GB - Elite QB, Good HC

HOU - Elite QB, bad HC

TEN - Avg QB, Top Notch HC?

MIN - Avg QB, Avg HC, (your best example of drafting OL and finding WRs)

SEA - Elite QB, Top Notch HC

BAL - Elite QB?, Top Notch HC

SF - meh QB, Elite HC

KC - Elite QB, Elite HC

 

So 5-7 of 12 of teams in the playoffs had a top QB, HC combo. 10/12 had one or the other. So yes, "most of those teams have an elite QB and top notch HC."

You put Tennessee, Minnesota, and San Fran as average to meh QBs but Josh Allen as Good?  Tannehill, Cousins, and Jimmy were much better than Allen.  Yeah Allen is awesome if you like having your QB live around 45-50% of his passes being completed. The Bills basically played for Allen to not lose them games. 

 

We are not going to be a good team, we are far from it. Darnold has a terrible supporting cast and Adam Gase has proven to be one of the worst HCs in football. We might end up being the worst team in the division with the best QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am fine with going OL round 1 and WR round 2. I don't care as long as we go OL and WR round 1 and 2. 

Most of the good OLs have a guy anchoring it that was drafted round 1. Drafting our man to anchor the OL for the next decade is fine by me, just hope we hit on the picks and get good players. Because our future is riding on this draft, Joe Douglas needs to show he is able to draft well unlike Maccagnan. Otherwise we will continue to be a terrible football team.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Is "Fallacy" the word of the day on your dictionary calendar?

Seems like quarantine is eating away at him. Getting more and more argumentative by the day.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk, drafting for position over talent is just a weird plan. To have all 4 OTs above all WRs just because of position is weird. Be lucky if 2 out the 4 OTs become really good.

And to panic as if the team didn’t just spend 2 weeks working on the OLine is weird too. What happens if Fant and Edoga are really good? We wasted a pick that could’ve helped Darnold now? You know that there’s more drafts right?

And to think there’s no trade up scenarios for guys like Josh Jones, Austin Jackson or Ezra Cleveland. For all we know, Andrew Thomas can slide to the 20s and we make a trade back into the 1st. End up with Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs & Thomas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the debate on the OT vs Wr draft pick. But for me the draft is the easier part. Almost every one of these players show traits that will make them NFL picks. But how many are NFL ready from day 1? 
 

The biggest problem I see is the inability to coach up these young players into contributors.  Neither Rex or Bowles showed much ability on that front. 
 

This staff to me has already shown a better ability to develop players than we have had in a while. This is why I am actually excited about the future. It is also why we won’t be doing as much in Free Agency as we have in the past.  Our coaching staff wants and has the ability to grow our own players. They seem to have a plan and are identifying players that fit that plan.  Which will also be true of the players we draft. It is reason for excitement and is the way good teams are built. 
 

OT/WR don’t care, just get a player that will strive in the system that is being created for the Jets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DowNY said:

Idk, drafting for position over talent is just a weird plan. To have all 4 OTs above all WRs just because of position is weird. Be lucky if 2 out the 4 OTs become really good.

And to panic as if the team didn’t just spend 2 weeks working on the OLine is weird too. What happens if Fant and Edoga are really good? We wasted a pick that could’ve helped Darnold now? You know that there’s more drafts right?

And to think there’s no trade up scenarios for guys like Josh Jones, Austin Jackson or Ezra Cleveland. For all we know, Andrew Thomas can slide to the 20s and we make a trade back into the 1st. End up with Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs & Thomas. 

I agree. If Douglas rates a WR above the OT and believes that WR will be a better player, I would go with the better player vs just taking a OT to take one. There are always players flying under the radar that end up being good. 

Its not like we will be able to get Wills, who would be a definite upgrade on our OL and is ready to start day 1. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...