Jump to content
jetskid007

2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, xenajets said:

So would a happy medium for the guys wanting OT and the guys wanting a WR be this...

Trade down to grab an extra 2nd..

Go OT in the first (Jackson, Jones etc) 

Then using both our 2nds on receivers (Aiuyk, Shenault, Hamler, Reagor etc) 

Everyone wins and we can all get along 🙌🏼

Booooo

Being friends is no fun. Funny thing I just saw CBS mock and they us tradingg down to 18 with Mia and grabbing Jones.  Mia traded up for Love after missing on Tua.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Booooo

Being friends is no fun. Funny thing I just saw CBS mock and they us tradingg down to 18 with Mia and grabbing Jones.  Mia traded up for Love after missing on Tua.

We’d be friends for 15 mins before another war would break out!!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, xenajets said:

So would a happy medium for the guys wanting OT and the guys wanting a WR be this...

Trade down to grab an extra 2nd..

Go OT in the first (Jackson, Jones etc) 

Then using both our 2nds on receivers (Aiuyk, Shenault, Hamler, Reagor etc) 

Everyone wins and we can all get along 🙌🏼

There’s several situations that I’d like. Any way we can land a combo of these guys... and I’m happy in all honesty. Would I rather it some ways than others? Yes, but I’d be happy.

 

One from each position group.

 

OT: Wills, Wirfs, Thomas, Becton, Jones, Jackson, Cleveland, Niang.

WR: Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Jefferson, Mims, Reagor, Higgins, Shenault, Hamler, Aiyuk, People-Jones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KodiakThunder said:

Sam is not elite. Can he be? Sure. But he has not elevated the play of the guys around him. That's the difference between a good QB and an elite QB. IMO. 

But yes, more talent may help him eventually become elite as he gets comfortable in this offense and with his coaches ect...

Is he not elite yet because he does not have the weapons?  Or because he had a very very bad OL that could not establish the run nor pass block effectively? 

That's the question.  I tend to lean towards OL.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Is he not elite yet because he does not have the weapons?  Or because he had a very very bad OL that could not establish the run nor pass block effectively? 

That's the question.  I tend to lean towards OL.  

I think both,  and that he's 22 years old. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

Is he not elite yet because he does not have the weapons?  Or because he had a very very bad OL that could not establish the run nor pass block effectively? 

That's the question.  I tend to lean towards OL.  

I'm not sure. Look at the stats. While the jets did have a HORRENDOUSLY bad OLine, especially run blocking...Darnold  held the football longer than almost any other QB last season. 

Even the best Oline cant block forever. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

I'm not sure. Look at the stats. While the jets did have a HORRENDOUSLY bad OLine, especially run blocking...Darnold  held the football longer than almost any other QB last season. 

Even the best Oline cant block forever. 

 

Sam was mentally done at some points. He was under a ridiculous amount of pressure to the point where he anticipated the pass rush even when it wasn’t there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Word for the dedicated posters on here who will listen lol:

Anyone who says they would like "any one" of the media consensus top rated prospects in the draft simply isn't very informed. Scheme and fit play into it, and there are players that the media has rated outside of their top 8, top 10, top 12 that will go a lot higher on draft day and will end up being better players than the consensus leads you to beleive. Not everyone has the time, effort, or attention to follow prospects and develop their own analysis for players and that's OK, but don't let these people post with a sense of entitlement as if they're actually doing the research, actually watching the tape, actually reading the reports; don't let them get away with acting like they know what their talking about when they don't. Instead, be open with what you believe and why you believe it. Challenge those people to put up better content. Respect those who have their own beliefs but demand they provide good, insightful reasons for them. 

Best practice: ask a person why they like a specific player and what they don't like about that player. Ask why they think that player fits with the Jets. Ask why they have a certain opinion. It usually separates those who know what they're talking about, i.e. @Rockice_8 who has been giving some input on why he ranks his players the way he does and honest assessments of attributes he really likes (i.e. the desire to have Ruggs - for the record, my emotional side feels the same way and I somewhat selfishly wish that the OL class wasn't so strong- I want nothing more than to see those 50+ yard TDs, but conventional wisdom says OL is the better way to go), which are clearly uninfluenced by popular opinion or perceived need whether you agree with him or not. He does a good job of expressing the specific trait that is appealing about a player and how they can fit with this team, and why he likes one prospect over another. Short and sweet analysis like that make it clear who the good posters are from those who are phonies and simply base their desires off of fantasy and "lists" and "big boards", which so conveniently change by the day. 

We're all Jets fans in here, but the reason I chose this board over others was because it wasn't like what twitter is today: one sentence BS filled with sensationalist attitudes, criticism, no depth and nothing but negativity. Be like Rockice. Appreciate guys like Rockice. @NewAgeand I used to have good philosophical discussions about the game- didn't always agree, but the opinions were informed and were sound. Same can be said for @jetsfan4life51, @ekill08x (who was certainly the biggest pessimist on here, but 10 years later turned out to be very right lol), @TheChad who like Chad Pennington, seems to be a quiet observer and then drops a very good post, @KingOfTheDot who has been putting some very good stuff out there, @JetsandI - who I could swear has been on here as like 8 different users - but not positive, @mattmanz91@Spiel612 who used to be GREAT, @BlaZeN37 who I've worked with many times on FFMD, as well as @Bianconero, @Dr.O, @MoLewis57, @Jag68Sid87, @xenajets... there are tons of guys and the list goes on and on. Will always love the old FF, just doesn't seem the content it's nearly as good today as it was back then, despite the upgrades to the site. 

But point is, appreciate the good content, appreciate the people who have original ideas and posts, appreciate those with informed opinions.

It's OK to have an opinion- no one can take that away from you- but I respect those who at least post an informed one. 

 

Feel free to DM for my instagram or twitter, where I may begin be posting more Jet related stuff- possibly consolidated in another blog until this goddman quarantine is over. 

Otherwise, I may be around from time to time in the NFL General/NFL Draft sections, or like I said DM me (it goes to my email so I'll see it).

Signing off for now!

✌🏼

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KodiakThunder said:

I'm not sure. Look at the stats. While the jets did have a HORRENDOUSLY bad OLine, especially run blocking...Darnold  held the football longer than almost any other QB last season. 

Even the best Oline cant block forever. 

 

That is true he held the ball for 2.7 seconds or so. But I'm curious what his numbers are for the first part of the season versus the second. His play did improve a lot at the end of the season, which is where the line came together so I bet the numbers would be a lot lower for the 2nd part of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetfan66 said:

That is true he held the ball for 2.7 seconds or so. But I'm curious what his numbers are for the first part of the season versus the second. His play did improve a lot at the end of the season, which is where the line came together so I bet the numbers would be a lot lower for the 2nd part of the season.

Our schedule also got easier we have to keep in mind. Trust me I think Darnold will be good. Maybe even great. But he’s going to need help to get there. He’s not good enough on his own to get to good/great surrounded by average. Not at this stage (or age) at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Word for the dedicated posters on here who will listen lol:

Anyone who says they would like "any one" of the media consensus top rated prospects in the draft simply isn't very informed. Scheme and fit play into it, and there are players that the media has rated outside of their top 8, top 10, top 12 that will go a lot higher on draft day and will end up being better players than the consensus leads you to beleive. Not everyone has the time, effort, or attention to follow prospects and develop their own analysis for players and that's OK, but don't let these people post with a sense of entitlement as if they're actually doing the research, actually watching the tape, actually reading the reports; don't let them get away with acting like they know what their talking about when they don't. Instead, be open with what you believe and why you believe it. Challenge those people to put up better content. Respect those who have their own beliefs but demand they provide good, insightful reasons for them. 

Best practice: ask a person why they like a specific player and what they don't like about that player. Ask why they think that player fits with the Jets. Ask why they have a certain opinion. It usually separates those who know what they're talking about, i.e. @Rockice_8 who has been giving some input on why he ranks his players the way he does and honest assessments of attributes he really likes (i.e. the desire to have Ruggs - for the record, my emotional side feels the same way and I somewhat selfishly wish that the OL class wasn't so strong- I want nothing more than to see those 50+ yard TDs, but conventional wisdom says OL is the better way to go), which are clearly uninfluenced by popular opinion or perceived need whether you agree with him or not. He does a good job of expressing the specific trait that is appealing about a player and how they can fit with this team, and why he likes one prospect over another. Short and sweet analysis like that make it clear who the good posters are from those who are phonies and simply base their desires off of fantasy and "lists" and "big boards", which so conveniently change by the day. 

We're all Jets fans in here, but the reason I chose this board over others was because it wasn't like what twitter is today: one sentence BS filled with sensationalist attitudes, criticism, no depth and nothing but negativity. Be like Rockice. Appreciate guys like Rockice. @NewAgeand I used to have good philosophical discussions about the game- didn't always agree, but the opinions were informed and were sound. Same can be said for @jetsfan4life51, @ekill08x (who was certainly the biggest pessimist on here, but 10 years later turned out to be very right lol), @TheChad who like Chad Pennington, seems to be a quiet observer and then drops a very good post, @KingOfTheDot who has been putting some very good stuff out there, @JetsandI - who I could swear has been on here as like 8 different users - but not positive, @mattmanz91@Spiel612 who used to be GREAT, @BlaZeN37 who I've worked with many times on FFMD, as well as @Bianconero, @Dr.O, @MoLewis57, @Jag68Sid87, @xenajets... there are tons of guys and the list goes on and on. Will always love the old FF, just doesn't seem the content it's nearly as good today as it was back then, despite the upgrades to the site. 

But point is, appreciate the good content, appreciate the people who have original ideas and posts, appreciate those with informed opinions.

It's OK to have an opinion- no one can take that away from you- but I respect those who at least post an informed one. 

 

Feel free to DM for my instagram or twitter, where I may begin be posting more Jet related stuff- possibly consolidated in another blog until this goddman quarantine is over. 

Otherwise, I may be around from time to time in the NFL General/NFL Draft sections, or like I said DM me (it goes to my email so I'll see it).

Signing off for now!

✌🏼

I appreciate the kind words. I hope you'll reconsider and stick around. We all don't always agree or even get along on this board but I think one thing we do agree on is that you bring a very informed opinion to our discussions and at least I can say I enjoy reading your posts. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last 5 Drafts(Maccagnan's drafts)

1st Round OL
Brandon Scherff(2015) OG
Ereck Flowers(2015) G/T
Andrus Peat(2015) G/T
Cameron Erving(2015) C
Cedric Ogbuehi(2015) OT
DJ Humphries(2015) OT
Laken Tomlinson(2015) OG
Ronnie Stanley(2016) OT
Jack Conklin(2016) OT
Laremy Tunsil(2016) OT
Taylor Decker(2016) OT
Ryan Kelly(2016) C
Joshua Garnett(2016) OG
Germain Ifedi(2016) OG
Garrett Bolles(2017) OT
Ryan Ramczyk(2017) OT
Quenton Nelson(2018) OG
Mike McGlinchey(2018) OT
Kolton Miller(2018) OT
Frank Ragnow(2018) C
Billy Price(2018) C
Isaiah Wynn(2018) OT
Jonah Williams(2019) OT
Chris Lindstrom(2019) OG
Garrett Bradbury(2019) C
Andre Dillard(2019) OT
Tytus Howard(2019) OT
Kaleb McGary(2019) OT

1st Round WR
Amari Cooper(2015)
Kevin White(2015)
DeVante Parker(2015)
Nelson Agholor(2015)
Breshad Perriman(2015)
Philip Dorsett(2015)
Corey Coleman(2016)
Will Fuller(2016)
Josh Doctson(2016)
Laquon Treadwell(2016)
Corey Davis(2017)
Mike Williams(2017)
John Ross(2017)
DJ Moore(2018)
Calvin Ridley(2018)
Hollywood Brown(2019)
N'Keal Harry(2019)

2nd Round OL
Donovan Smith(2015) OT
Mitch Morse(2015) G/C
Jake Fisher(2015) OT
Rob Havenstein(2015) OT
Ty Sambrailo(2015) OT
Ali Marpet(2015) G/C
Jason Spriggs(2016) OT
Nick Martin(2016) C
Cody Whitehair(2016) G/C
Cam Robinson(2017) OT
Forrest Lamb(2017) OG
Ethan Pocic(2017) C
Dion Dawkins(2017) OG
Taylor Moton(2017) OG
Austin Corbett(2018) OT
Will Hernandez(2018) OG
Braden Smith(2018) G/T
James Daniels(2018) C
Connor Williams(2018) OG
Brian O'Niel(2018) OT
Jawaan Taylor(2019) OT
Greg Little(2019) OT
Cody Ford(2019) OT
Dalton Risner(2019) OT
Elgton Jenkins(2019) C
Erik McCoy(2019) C
Max Scharping(2019) OT

2nd Round WR
Devin Smith(2015)
Dorial Green-Beckham(2015)
Devin Funchess(2015)
Sterling Sherpard(2016)
Michael Thomas(2016)
Tyler Boyd(2016)
Zay Jones(2017)
Curtis Samuel(2017)
JuJu Smith-Schuster(2017)
Courtland Sutton(2018)
Dante Pettis(2018)
Christian Kirk(2018)
Anthony Miller(2018)
James Washington(2018)
DJ Chark(2018)
Deebo Samuel(2019)
AJ Brown(2019)
Mecole Hardman(2019)
JJ Arcega-Whiteside(2019)
Parris Campbell(2019)
Andy Isabella(2019)
DK Metcalf(2019)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Wait jetskid left? What the hell man. 

@jetskid007
C’mon bro we have like 24 days until the draft.....I think I speak for all of us when I say your input, analysis and inside sources would be greatly missed. 

We are like a big dysfunctional family; some times people will annoy each other etc but we are all in it together through thick and thin (mostly thick as we are Jet fans) 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...