2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

It isn’t far fetched he’s trying to work his way to Dallas. He is from Dallas. But the thing is... he has no control over the trade partner. This isn’t the NBA and he’s established or something. We could trade him to Jacksonville and give him the finger. He really hasn’t thought this all the way through if you ask me. This is of course if he is in fact trying to work his way out of NY.

Correct me if I’m wrong though... didn’t JD specifically say at his press conference just a week ago or so, that he will look into an extension with Adams post the draft? Meaning he was outwardly saying we didn’t want to trade him and certainly not for picks... bc you’d want to trade him pre draft if you wanted picks. So I see it as very unlikely the Jets have leaked this info. This has Adams’ camp written all over it. And JD in his less than a year here has to already be rather fed up with the off the field Adams. I have no clue how he chooses to build a team. But he very well might not value a guy like Adams as a SS/LB/Edge at 16mill plus. So he might take this trading him thing now seriously.

JD won’t take a bad offer for him. I am pretty confident in that. And I do think Adams loves the game of football more than most players and won’t sit out when push comes to shove if we don’t get a deal we want via trade or a long term deal with Adams done. The issue Adams has created himself is all this tweeting, this leaked info, is only going to hurt his contract, not help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rdelaney89 said:

1) The flirting with Dallas idea has been around since 2018. I didn't think much of it at the time but give the last year, I kinda see it as breadcrumbs.

2) I hope the Jets offer him $16m per year, don't play hard ball and offer $14m to start. If Jamal is the leader of men he's made out to be, he will accept the most money ever and continue to be a Jet. If he balks as the number then you know we are in for a hold out and it's going to get messy.

3) Trading him for lottery tickets would be hard to swallow, that's kind of why I want at least 1 OL from Dallas along with picks. At least we'd be replacing him with a proven player. 

1. This goes on in all sports like I’m sure your aware. For some reason it boosts egos of certain players and as much as I love him I believe Jamal’s personality needs the ‘good cop’ approach telling him how amazing he is etc. Some players don’t need it or some need the ‘bad cop’ mentality to get them going. 

2. Yeah $16m is great money but if he does bulk at that is it realistic to think there’s a team who will give him $20m? If so I’d love to know who. 

3. Yeah I like that approach. A 1st round pick and a starting calibre o-lineman like Smith, Martin or Collins would at least make it seem worthwhile but I still don’t like the precedent it sets out moving forward. 

• Like 1

I dont like the precedent of drafting in the top 10 just about every year and never making the playoffs. Patriots have been trading players they dont intend to sign for years and have only been to like every other super bowl in the last 20 years. Jamal Adams is not above the team. He doesnt want to be here. If you get a big offer, take it. 

Edited by ekill08x
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I dont like the precedent of drafting in the top 10 just about every year and never making the playoffs. Patriots have been trading players they dont intend to sign for years and have only been to like every other super bowl in the last 20 years. Jamal Adams is not above the team. He doesnt want to be here. If you get a big offer, take it. 

I dislike it when people compare a winning formula to that of the Pats. Like they didn’t have the greatest QB ever during all of that. Teams don’t need weapons bc the Pats didn’t need one, etc.

When Darnold is Tom Brady then I’ll be ok with listening to “the Pats did this” so let’s replicate it stuff.

• Like 3

I’ll start by saying I don’t want to trade Adams. I agree with all the posters who think we should be hoarding talent (especially home grown) not trading it away. But if this smoke is actually real, the question to ask is who’s more interested in a  trade. Are the Cowboys dying to get Jamal or is Jamal and his camp dying to go to the Cowboys?

Jerry Jones falls in love with players and if he loves Adams, he could be fleeced. If all the talk last year was initiated by Jamals camp leaking that he would love to be a Cowboy we would be trading at a disadvantage. 

Only trade Adams if it’s scenario#1 and Jerry is desperate to get Jamal to Dallas. I’d start with asking for their first rounder and an immediate starter. I can’t see how they could trade for Jamal and extend him without sending out salary. 

They just lost Fredricks, so a starting OL is probably out. But Vander Esch is they’re next big name waiting to get paid I believe. DeMarcus Lawrence and Jaylen Smith are signed to big contracts and maybe Jerry would include one of them to shake up a team that disappoints year after year. 

1st, 4th and Vander Esch / Smith / Lawrence            (most unlikely).

That would be my starting point. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

I’ll start by saying I don’t want to trade Adams. I agree with all the posters who think we should be hoarding talent (especially home grown) not trading it away. But if this smoke is actually real, the question to ask is who’s more interested in a  trade. Are the Cowboys dying to get Jamal or is Jamal and his camp dying to go to the Cowboys?

Jerry Jones falls in love with players and if he loves Adams, he could be fleeced. If all the talk last year was initiated by Jamals camp leaking that he would love to be a Cowboy we would be trading at a disadvantage. 

Only trade Adams if it’s scenario#1 and Jerry is desperate to get Jamal to Dallas. I’d start with asking for their first rounder and an immediate starter. I can’t see how they could trade for Jamal and extend him without sending out salary. 

They just lost Fredricks, so a starting OL is probably out. But Vander Esch is they’re next big name waiting to get paid I believe. DeMarcus Lawrence and Jaylen Smith are signed to big contracts and maybe Jerry would include one of them to shake up a team that disappoints year after year. 

1st, 4th and Vander Esch / Smith / Lawrence            (most unlikely).

That would be my starting point. 

Why would we trade for an ILB that is probably our best and deepest position on our roster (both LVE and Smith are LBs)

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Why would we trade for an ILB that is probably our best and deepest position on our roster (both LVE and Smith are LBs)

I wouldn’t but the point of all these posts for the past three plus pages of this thread are hypotheticals if In fact we trade him to the Cowboys. Which I stated I don’t want to do. 

Guess I should have been more clear, what I wanted to get across is there’s really not a good match with Dallas. There’s no way we get a sure fire stater that fits our system from them and picks are lottery tickets.  

I wasn’t suggesting that would be a good trade, just that it would be the best they would probably offer if it came down to it. 

Plus Vander Esch plays outside LB. Lee and Smith play inside. And Vander Esch would be the best outside linebacker we had in years. 

Edited by JohnnyHectorFan

18 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

I wouldn’t but the point of all these posts for the past three plus pages of this thread are hypotheticals if In fact we trade him to the Cowboys. Which I stated I don’t want to do. 

Guess I should have been more clear, what I wanted to get across is there’s really not a good match with Dallas. There’s no way we get a sure fire stater that fits our system from them and picks are lottery tickets.  

I wasn’t suggesting that would be a good trade, just that it would be the best they would probably offer if it came down to it. 

Plus Vander Esch plays outside LB. Lee and Smith play inside. And Vander Esch would be the best outside linebacker we had in years. 

He’s not an edge rusher though. Lawrence would make sense being he’s an edge. So that’s a valid trade. My point was just that trading for a LB that’s not a pass rusher is pointless for this team. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s not an edge rusher though. Lawrence would make sense being he’s an edge. So that’s a valid trade. My point was just that trading for a LB that’s not a pass rusher is pointless for this team. 

Got it. 5 days and counting, think we’re all going a little stir crazy and just throwing stuff out there.  Us and the media. 

• Like 1

I feel like the media and fans are pushing these trade rumors more than anything right now.

Screw trading adams,  pay him we have money to.

Sign Logan Ryan, he is a good fit for greg Williams.  Good blitzer,  tough,  tackles,  and smart. Ryan had his best season last season,  hes not done at cb imo. 

• Like 2

What’s people’s thoughts on Adams for OBJ and the 10th pick? We than can go OT and WR at 10 and 11. Giving Sam protection AND now 2 weapons in OBJ and Lamb or Ruggs (haven’t heard any rumors of us loving Jeudy like these 2). Seems possibly inevitable that CLE trades OBJ. We need a WR and it gives us an incredible valuable pick.

This also allows us to go after an IOL in Rounds 2 and both 3rds as well defense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

What’s people’s thoughts on Adams for OBJ and the 10th pick? We than can go OT and WR at 10 and 11. Giving Sam protection AND now 2 weapons in OBJ and Lamb or Ruggs (haven’t heard any rumors of us loving Jeudy like these 2).

Holy crap imagine OBJ, Lamb, Thomas! Offense is super important to win in this league and I want to see Sam become a star so gun to my head it's hard to pass up.

HOWEVER...there's a reason we are trading Jamal and we should not be bringing in someone like OBJ.

I'd be happier with Tyron Smith and #17.  That gives us our LT then flexibility for whatever WR and defender.  Or we load up on two WRs, Lamb/JJ then a burner.