2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

53 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I feel like the media and fans are pushing these trade rumors more than anything right now.

Screw trading adams,  pay him we have money to.

Sign Logan Ryan, he is a good fit for greg Williams.  Good blitzer,  tough,  tackles,  and smart. Ryan had his best season last season,  hes not done at cb imo. 

Logan Ryan had decent counting stats last year but his coverage analytics were pretty rough.   Factor in that turn overs can be fluky and that he basically had none the few years before that and I want nothing to do with Ryan. 

I'd much prefer Prince who had better coverage stats last year. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Logan Ryan had decent counting stats last year but his coverage analytics were pretty rough.   Factor in that turn overs can be fluky and that he basically had none the few years before that and I want nothing to do with Ryan. 

I'd much prefer Prince who had better coverage stats last year. 

+ Titans fans have said he's a liability outside and really just excels in the slot. I'm all for adding talent this late in FA but you're right, someone like Prince would seem to make more sense. Has Manish been right about anything recently? Genuine question, he's such a hypocritical writer it seems like he just throws crap at the wall until something sticks. I feel like all his "sources" disappeared with Maccagnan and co. 

24 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

+ Titans fans have said he's a liability outside and really just excels in the slot. I'm all for adding talent this late in FA but you're right, someone like Prince would seem to make more sense. Has Manish been right about anything recently? Genuine question, he's such a hypocritical writer it seems like he just throws crap at the wall until something sticks. I feel like all his "sources" disappeared with Maccagnan and co. 

Manish 100% makes up his sources. The dude is the antithesis of quality reporting.

• Like 2

On 4/18/2020 at 9:38 AM, Bobby816 said:

I dislike it when people compare a winning formula to that of the Pats. Like they didn’t have the greatest QB ever during all of that. Teams don’t need weapons bc the Pats didn’t need one, etc.

When Darnold is Tom Brady then I’ll be ok with listening to “the Pats did this” so let’s replicate it stuff.

It's literally the most annoying part of this narrative that RB's and WR's don't matter, because technically Gronk isn't a WR (basically is equivalent), and that they don't value RB's. Brady leaving gonna expose all their BS things they got away with when Brady and Bill were a combo, Narratives gonna change big time

On 4/18/2020 at 12:27 PM, JetsandI said:

Logan Ryan is limited to downhill duty.  Make no sense to sign him at all since we have a bunch of LB on the roster.

Good, tough player. Sub package

CB1- Desir

CB2- Austin

Nickel- Poole

Robber- Adams

Mike- Mosley

4DL- Jenkins/Williams/Fatukasi/Goose/Philips/Shep/McLendon(rotating)

Deep- Maye

that's probably our guaranteed 10 on the field then you rotate, AW, Peanut, Ryan depending on the situation. Allows you to mix coverages, blitz different guys. The versatility would be amazing. Could even drop a DL out and rush 3 with some combination of Peanut/Ryan/Poole/Adams/Mosley blitzing.

10 minutes ago, JM81 said:

I really can’t think of a team with worse outside pass rushing talent than us right now 😂

If only we could draft another 3rd talent like Polite!  Where oh where is Maccagnan when you need him?

• Like 1

Jets should just sign Clowney now and tell Adams they don’t have the money for him this offseason and they’ll look at it next offseason before his 5tg year option. Than Adams needs to Let them know if he will hold out longer than these non mandatory ones coming up. If he says yes he’s holding out. Trade him for the best package we can get.

He has a contract to honor. If he plays poorly the Jets can’t not pay him on that next deal. Bc it’s a contract. It’s 2 ways. Honor your rookie contract in order to get a new contract.

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Jets should just sign Clowney now and tell Adams they don’t have the money for him this offseason and they’ll look at it next offseason before his 5tg year option. Than Adams needs to Let them know if he will hold out longer than these non mandatory ones coming up. If he says yes he’s holding out. Trade him for the best package we can get.

He has a contract to honor. If he plays poorly the Jets can’t not pay him on that next deal. Bc it’s a contract. It’s 2 ways. Honor your rookie contract in order to get a new contract.

I'd rather pay half of that for Markus Golden who's probably a more talented Jordan Jenkins. I just don't see anyway we pay $18 million a year to a guy with questionable motor issues

• Like 1