2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

This year will be vital for teams to have trades or trade parameters worked out ahead of the draft. Gonna be a lot tougher to communicate once teams are on the clock. Hopefully JD has reached out and has contingency plans if the top 4 OTs are gone and our top WR is gone as well. I don’t see us panicking and trading up. JD has stressed he wants to build depth through the draft. 

Edited by JohnnyHectorFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

Rumour is all 4 OT’s will be gone by 11 so we are potentially looking at trading up for one. 

I really hope this isn’t the case and we stay at 11 and just draft one of the receivers if all OT’s are gone. 

Also if say it cost us #68 to move up a few spots to get one of the OT’s would you rather do....

#11 & #68 for say pick 8/9 and draft Becton/Wills/Wirfs/Thomas 

Or stay put and draft Lamb/Ruggs/Jeudy and then use #68 for Trent Williams. 

No question.  Stay put and take the WR.  If trading up is in the cards, then trade up by packaging 48 + 68 + ? to move up if needed to get the OT on the board that JD most likes after the top 5 go.

1 hour ago, dcat said:

No question.  Stay put and take the WR.  If trading up is in the cards, then trade up by packaging 48 + 68 + ? to move up if needed to get the OT on the board that JD most likes after the top 5 go.

I mean every year without fail we always see talent we thought would be 2/3rd round guys being there in the 4/5/6ths. It happens every year so we could just sit and wait. 

This year could be even more crazy though because of covid-19. People haven’t got a clue on teams grades. Especially the mid to late rounders 

22 hours ago, xenajets said:

Rumour is all 4 OT’s will be gone by 11 so we are potentially looking at trading up for one. 

I really hope this isn’t the case and we stay at 11 and just draft one of the receivers if all OT’s are gone. 

Also if say it cost us #68 to move up a few spots to get one of the OT’s would you rather do....

#11 & #68 for say pick 8/9 and draft Becton/Wills/Wirfs/Thomas 

Or stay put and draft Lamb/Ruggs/Jeudy and then use #68 for Trent Williams. 

Yeah don't think thats gonna happen, nor should they trade up. We're gonna get somebody good, and #68 could be a starter, hard pass. Let the chips fall how they willl