jetskid007

2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

20 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Good. Hopefully he stops crying after this. 

• Like 3

Never heard of this in my life. Wild.

He is definitely someone I think the Jets should sign. 

• Like 3

With Maye, Jenkins, Perriman, Poole, and Desir, I’d imagine there’s a fair shot the Jets are looking at comp picks in 2022. The likelihood obviously improves if they add guys like Clowney, Ryan, Golden, etc. on one year deals this summer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Never heard of this in my life. Wild.

He is definitely someone I think the Jets should sign. 

Yeah what the hell is that ha

15 minutes ago, NewAge said:

With Maye, Jenkins, Perriman, Poole, and Desir, I’d imagine there’s a fair shot the Jets are looking at comp picks in 2022. The likelihood obviously improves if they add guys like Clowney, Ryan, Golden, etc. on one year deals this summer. 

Another reason I wanna keep Williamson because his contract expires at the end of the year so if he proves healthy we have the bodies to replace him and get the comp pick. Same for Winters. Their money however could be rolled over so it’s a win-win no matter what we do. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Yeah what the hell is that ha

If he doesnt sign with another team by a certain date he goes back to the giants automatically. 

Also, it nets the giants a comp pick if he does sign elsewhere (I guess they wouldntve gotten one if not?)

46 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

If he doesnt sign with another team by a certain date he goes back to the giants automatically. 

Also, it nets the giants a comp pick if he does sign elsewhere (I guess they wouldntve gotten one if not?)

Yea the Pats used this on Blount back in the day. Then he got signed by the Eagles and went right back to the pats. I was kinda pissed. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Another reason I wanna keep Williamson because his contract expires at the end of the year so if he proves healthy we have the bodies to replace him and get the comp pick. Same for Winters. Their money however could be rolled over so it’s a win-win no matter what we do. 

Wilson actually is too. 

Edited by NewAge
  • Like 1

Yeah we are in a very good position to either get condo picks or add picks at the deadline or even before the season starts after camp. The goal again is foundational growth and to go into 2021 with a lot of draft picks and a flexible cap. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

His other drafts were pretty terrible outside of Adams, Maye, and Bless, but Macc actually may have done a pretty good job with the 2018 draft. 

1(3). Sam Darnold, QB, USC

3(72). Nathan Shepherd, DE, Fort Hays State

4(107). Chris Herndon, TE, Miami

6(179). Parry Nickerson, CB, Tulane

6(180). Foley Fatukasi, DT, Connecticut 

7(204). Trenton Cannon, RB, Virginia State

That’s in addition to flipping a seventh rounder for Henry Anderson and signing Frankie Luvu as an UDFA.  For a class that didn’t have a second rounder, it might be the best Jets class since 2011 or even 2007. 

Edited by NewAge
  • Like 7

On 4/27/2020 at 4:51 PM, KingOfTheDot said:

Good. Hopefully he stops crying after this. 

Me too.  I just hope he does not turn into a Revis with his contract situation each year.  He is not close to that now of course.  But once we extend him, this twitter stuff and Dallas crap - he needs to stop with 

• Like 1

Just read that Clowney gave his number back to Jarren Reed. This might mean he’s done in Seattle. If I were Douglas I would try and make a move for him if the price is right and not outrageous 

On 4/27/2020 at 9:34 PM, NewAge said:

JD gave out all those one year deals to get ahead on the comp pick game I’m sure of it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, bspice said:

Just read that Clowney gave his number back to Jarren Reed. This might mean he’s done in Seattle. If I were Douglas I would try and make a move for him if the price is right and not outrageous 

Scoop him up. Clowney by now is underrated. He’s a disruptive player. Poor mans Khalil Mack. Just off basic stats

Career per 16 games 

Mack: 10 sacks, 15 TFL, 20 QB Hits, 3FF

Clowney: 7 sacks, 15 TFL, 17 QB Hits, 2FF

Clowney had a down year, but he’s still a good player.  1yr $14 to $15 million. get it done. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1