2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

14 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

For me, Tom has always been a great QB in a better system.  BB's system allows his backups to look good. So many players have left the patriots offense was never heard of again afterward. So him having this much confidence to not even draft a QB, I'm scared of that. BB has lost players and coaches for years and still remained a contender every year. It just doesn't matter. 

Plus, I can't get my hopes up when it comes to us beating teams we're supposed to beat. We gave up wins to two winless teams last season. 

If we win those 2 games... we are 9-7 and in playoff consideration.... so crazy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

What would Maye yield in a trade at this point?

I’m not sure but iv seen the rumours. I’d prefer a trade for a player because I don’t think it will be anything more than a fourth rounder in which case I’d much rather keep him. Very underrated player in my opinion. 

• Like 2

Not sure about the Maye rumors. Davis is t ready to start right away and I don’t think we’d get much more value for Maye than what a comp pick would be if we let him walk.

But, JD has to be thinking how much can the team afford to invest in the safety position. Adams will be the highest paid safety in the league. Not sure how we could afford Maye after Jamal’s extension. I think he stays but signs elsewhere next year. 

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

NE defense is good enough to win them at least a handful of games. So they won’t be tanking. 

I think tanking is the wrong word but they’re going to bad by New England standards unless Stidham or Hoyer just have a ridiculous stretch during the season. I think this will be a developmental year for their young guys. 

Once they drafted Davis, it was clear Maye’s time is up.  He’s an older player for being on his rookie deal and to keep Jamal is gonna require a very large salary.  I wouldnt mind if they rode it out with him for this season, but where its now or next offseason, Maye wont be a Jet on his next deal.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 12:31 PM, SDotNova said:

I liked Hooker but injures derailed his early years. 

Regarding Maye, I like him a lot and to see him walk for a comp pick would hurt. Maybe we can parlay him and a lower pick into Yanick?  That'd be cool only because I know it is not realistic to sign him and Adams.