2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

I think trade rumors with Maye are overblown again. Manish always comes out with random rumors that rarely come true. 

I do think his days are possibly numbered, but unless we get a good offer I would go with having Davis as a backup this season and rotate him in different packages. Davis has ability to play CB and used in a variety of ways.

If we trade Maye we are then going thin at safety again, right now we have actual depth at the position.  

For once we actually have a team with real depth at multiple positions, this hasn't been the case in a long time. Joe Douglas has done a real good job with that.

I am just hoping we get Jamal Adams locked up, I believe the JEts want to. If he was going to be traded he would have already, the Jets want to lock up a difference maker in the secondary who can change games. 

We are a edge rusher away from having a really good defense. CBs are still iffy, but they are deeper and have more talent than last season. There is at least potential there. It helps that our safeties are really good.

CJ Mosley returning is gonna be fun to watch and the potential of having Avery Williamson along him. 

Edited by NYJets4716

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I don't understand NBA but do you think Jets could follow Knicks' footsteps?

Not sure i know what this means, but if it means being totally irrelevant and poorly run for a long time, both franchises are doing a pretty good job

• Like 7

Over the last 5 years, 29 different teams have made the playoffs at least once (only NE made it all 5 years) the reason for that, imo,  is because of the way that free agency is handled. The only teams to not make the playoffs are us, TB and  Cleveland. Basically 4-8 teams make the playoffs that didn’t make it the previous year. I truly believe this is what the NFL wanted. Teams all have the same salary cap and start off with the same number of draft choices. Imo poor cap management and poor drafting is completely on the GMs (or whoever is the decision maker)

• Like 1

Would give Darnold a WR that can make contested grabs. 

I just rewatched highlights from the Jets/Giants game.

Darnold pretty much carried our offense on his back after being abused with guys in his face and hitting him all game. Jones was helped by his team way more threw simple passes to wide open guys that got insane YAC. 

Harrison is beyond bad at center, he was abused all game. Edoga was abused by Golden, who wouldn't be a bad get at this point.

I just want to see Darnold with a supporting cast for once, I think he can be a star.  You put any QB on the Jets last season and they stink, it was pretty much the worst situation to put a young QB in.  Bad OL, bad WRs, no run game. 

Defense Nate Hairston was awful, kept letting guys get wide open. I think hes a cut candidate.    

We have some players on that DL, if we can get more edge production this defense could be really good with Mosley and Williamson back.  We just need the CBs not to be liabilities as well. 

30 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Would give Darnold a WR that can make contested grabs. 

I just rewatched highlights from the Jets/Giants game.

Darnold pretty much carried our offense on his back after being abused with guys in his face and hitting him all game. Jones was helped by his team way more threw simple passes to wide open guys that got insane YAC. 

Harrison is beyond bad at center, he was abused all game. Edoga was abused by Golden, who wouldn't be a bad get at this point.

I just want to see Darnold with a supporting cast for once, I think he can be a star.  You put any QB on the Jets last season and they stink, it was pretty much the worst situation to put a young QB in.  Bad OL, bad WRs, no run game. 

Defense Nate Hairston was awful, kept letting guys get wide open. I think hes a cut candidate.    

We have some players on that DL, if we can get more edge production this defense could be really good with Mosley and Williamson back.  We just need the CBs not to be liabilities as well. 

Was Hairston getting burned as a boundary corner or was he playing nickle in that game? Was Edoga playing Right or Left Tackle?

Harrison always seemed to benefit perception-wise when compared to how bad our starters were. He’s not a good player but compared to Khalil, he looked descent. I don’t think he makes the team this year. 

14 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Isn’t Jeffery still hurt and expected to come back mid season?  

He might get cut though and could be had for cheap and is familiar with Gase and the system. Is he an answer at WR? No. But he certainly is better than Berrios or Smith. 

11 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Over the last 5 years, 29 different teams have made the playoffs at least once (only NE made it all 5 years) the reason for that, imo,  is because of the way that free agency is handled. The only teams to not make the playoffs are us, TB and  Cleveland. Basically 4-8 teams make the playoffs that didn’t make it the previous year. I truly believe this is what the NFL wanted. Teams all have the same salary cap and start off with the same number of draft choices. Imo poor cap management and poor drafting is completely on the GMs (or whoever is the decision maker)

Great post.  Amazing how poorly run we have been over the past 5 seasons.  I feel 2021 the streak ends.  Love the direction JD is taking this roster 

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Great post.  Amazing how poorly run we have been over the past 5 seasons.  I feel 2021 the streak ends.  Love the direction JD is taking this roster 

Yes you can’t draft poorly and win with FAs. We have to draft good in order to be good. And we haven’t drafted good in an obscenely long time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Was Hairston getting burned as a boundary corner or was he playing nickle in that game? Was Edoga playing Right or Left Tackle?

Harrison always seemed to benefit perception-wise when compared to how bad our starters were. He’s not a good player but compared to Khalil, he looked descent. I don’t think he makes the team this year. 

Hairston was outside.

Edoga RT

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Hairston was outside.

Edoga RT

Got it. I don’t know what to think of Edoga. His college tape seemed promising. Hopefully he has a 2nd year bump. Your review of him is consistent with his pff grade. He didn’t have a good year. 

I asked about Hairston because I remember him doing well early in the season. It could be one of those things where he’s serviceable in that nickel spot but terrible on the outside. Good stuff though. 

15 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Yeah, Macc had the perfect opportunity to build through the draft after the big year with Marshall and Decker. After those vets were phased out, the draft picks were supposed to step up but Macc left Bowles with players who couldn't survive on other team's practice squads. Since we've made the playoffs, we literally had to watch teams like the 49ers go to the SB, blow up their roster after JH, and go back to the SB or at least become playoff contenders. So I'm glad we finally have a GM we all like now.