2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

Still think we need to add this years Demaryius Thomas, injuries are inevitable and our current depth is a scary situation. Not looking for anything flashy, but go get a reliable vet who can adequately step up if needed. If Doctson/Smith prove to be more than JAGs great, but waiting to find out is a mistake IMO.

Not currently aware of anyone who could fill that void via FA/trade but I'll do some digging when I get the time.

Completely unrelated.. Everything you hear from or about Steve McLendon is great. He's planning on getting a bunch of the guys together to work out at his gym in Georgia. Has always been criminally underrated and just an exceptional leader. Here's a nice little quote I just came across:

23 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Got it. I don’t know what to think of Edoga. His college tape seemed promising. Hopefully he has a 2nd year bump. Your review of him is consistent with his pff grade. He didn’t have a good year. 

I asked about Hairston because I remember him doing well early in the season. It could be one of those things where he’s serviceable in that nickel spot but terrible on the outside. Good stuff though. 

Hairston was benched at one point for bad play if you remember, Maulett and Austin started starting.  He had a few plays where he left the WR completely open like real bad and Jones had easy TDs.

Edoga has promise, but  he also was really bad at times.  I wouldn't say his career is over, but being a backup right now and working on his issues could help. He has nice feet and athleticism. 

15 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Yeah that much I figured. Always thought of him as a really good player, confused why he was cut. 

Well the Saints drafted Cesar Ruiz to takeover at center and last years 2nd rounder Erik McCoy who was their center is moving to guard and they gave their other guard Andrus Peat a mega deal.  Also they needed to clear some cap and the Saints wanted a more athletic oline and Warford lacks in that area.

Kind of the reason why I dont really see the Jets pursuing because they also want an athletic oline.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Well the Saints drafted Cesar Ruiz to takeover at center and last years 2nd rounder Erik McCoy who was their center is moving to guard and they gave their other guard Andrus Peat a mega deal.  Also they needed to clear some cap and the Saints wanted a more athletic oline and Warford lacks in that area.

Kind of the reason why I dont really see the Jets pursuing because they also want an athletic oline.

Ahh forgot about Ruiz, makes sense. Hope we make a play for him regardless of scheme fit, sure he has a lot of options though. 

1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

I'm not sure he really fits the athletic style of guy we are looking for but he's good enough to make an exception 

Hes simply better than winters regardless. 

Greg van roten got a backup type contract anyways. 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 5:26 PM, NJC33 said:

Still think we need to add this years Demaryius Thomas, injuries are inevitable and our current depth is a scary situation. Not looking for anything flashy, but go get a reliable vet who can adequately step up if needed. If Doctson/Smith prove to be more than JAGs great, but waiting to find out is a mistake IMO.

Not currently aware of anyone who could fill that void via FA/trade but I'll do some digging when I get the time.

Completely unrelated.. Everything you hear from or about Steve McLendon is great. He's planning on getting a bunch of the guys together to work out at his gym in Georgia. Has always been criminally underrated and just an exceptional leader. Here's a nice little quote I just came across:

McLendon is the locker room leader. And even at his age plays extremely well. 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 5:05 PM, SDotNova said:

Got it. I don’t know what to think of Edoga. His college tape seemed promising. Hopefully he has a 2nd year bump. Your review of him is consistent with his pff grade. He didn’t have a good year. 

I asked about Hairston because I remember him doing well early in the season. It could be one of those things where he’s serviceable in that nickel spot but terrible on the outside. Good stuff though. 

Hairston was decent outside of the Giants game. But he was dealing with a knee injury for a good portion of the season. He’s not as bad as just stated.