2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

You really want to win now? Add him and one of these premier OTs. The offensive line is key to winning. As much as the idea of adding a receiver could be tantalizing, re-signing Anderson and drafting receivers in round 2/3 plus Crowder, Bell, and a healthy Herndon with 23 year old Darnold throwing them the ball is plenty enough firepower behind a stacked offensive line. We’d be in contention next year no doubt. 

What makes you think an OT left at 11 has more of a success rate than Jeudy or Lamb?

Thats a lot of confidence. We don’t NEED an OT it we sign those guys. We won 7 games with like 11 different inconsistent Olinemen this past season. We can sign these guys, draft our franchise WR and roll into this season with more than a formidable OLine. Could still draft in round 2. Worst case? We draft an OT next draft. I promise we won’t be in position to draft a Jeudy, Lamb or Ruggs next season though. Not at their caliber.

28 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Gross.   I want no part of Williams.   Guy was a great player but he's had trouble staying on the field and has barely played much football in the last few years.   Even if he comes in and is his old self,  he's going on 32, how long before he drops off??  Jason Peters is a rare rare dude

NFL scouts believed that he had at least 4 years of pro-bowl level play left in him as of last October since he hasn't lost any athleticism and while he's had some injuries, none of them have been the career sapping type. It's not only Peters; Andrew Whitworth (38), Joe Staley (35), Duane Brown (34) are current NFL tackles who have been playing at a high level well still despite their age. Although some guys do retire earlier (Joe Thomas, 33; D'Brick Ferguson, 32), most LTs usually last to around 34 on average, so even if we are to say he has 2 years of above average play left, I'd still say its worth it. Ideally you still take an OL and you already have his potential successor plus a competent swing in Edoga (whether as a backup or a G who can shift to T). When you factor in that we have 2 more years of Sam being cheap, I feel like the Jets should be doing everything they can to build an immediate winner as long as they're not severely mortgaging their future. Trading away a 2nd/high 3rd wouldn't fall within that category, so might as well try and go for it.

As a CCW license holder, there are states that have reciprocity with the state that the CCW is issued and states that do not.  NY typically does not except under very limited circumstances which I am sure Williams does not qualify.  That said, it is up to the CCW holder to know where he can and can not bring his firearm.  Also, being a permit or CCW holder DOES NOT give the right to carry on an aircraft - period.  The only way is to have the unloaded firearm locked in an approved case stowed in your luggage and checked in baggage, ammo must be separate.  Even then he may be questioned which is why it would have behooved him the check with the airline first.

Williams is an idiot.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

NFL scouts believed that he had at least 4 years of pro-bowl level play left in him as of last October since he hasn't lost any athleticism and while he's had some injuries, none of them have been the career sapping type. It's not only Peters; Andrew Whitworth (38), Joe Staley (35), Duane Brown (34) are current NFL tackles who have been playing at a high level well still despite their age. Although some guys do retire earlier (Joe Thomas, 33; D'Brick Ferguson, 32), most LTs usually last to around 34 on average, so even if we are to say he has 2 years of above average play left, I'd still say its worth it. Ideally you still take an OL and you already have his potential successor plus a competent swing in Edoga (whether as a backup or a G who can shift to T). When you factor in that we have 2 more years of Sam being cheap, I feel like the Jets should be doing everything they can to build an immediate winner as long as they're not severely mortgaging their future. Trading away a 2nd/high 3rd wouldn't fall within that category, so might as well try and go for it.

NFL scouts miss on whether a player is good or not at an alarming rate,  now im supposed to believe they can predict how long a guy will be able to play at a high level??  Plus he hasn't played a full session since 2013, and is only getting older.   Even if he stays athletic it means very little to me if the only time he shows it is when he's hopping onto the trainers table. 

• Like 1