2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

His agent is Kevin Conner who I don’t know much about. But he is also Dak’s agent. And seems like he’s got his hands full.

Huh, that's an interesting tidbit for obvious reasons...

Seems like Conner might be a bit greedy in his advice... Dak supposedly wants 40-45?!?! He could be leveraging Dak's situation unfairly against Jamal & the Jets: "You wanna wind up like Dak and have to wait for your $$" Just speculating, of course. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Huh, that's an interesting tidbit for obvious reasons...

Seems like Conner might be a bit greedy in his advice... Dak supposedly wants 40-45?!?! He could be leveraging Dak's situation unfairly against Jamal & the Jets: "You wanna wind up like Dak and have to wait for your $$" Just speculating, of course. 

Dak is absolutely crazy, and Conner, if he thinks he is getting that much per year on average.  

I have confidence in JD.  I think he will slow play this.  I think he will want to see what the cap looks like next year.  Jamal can sit out but I doubt he will.  JD is smart enough know that we hold the majority of leverage right now AND when ready he can pay Jamal or trade him if demands are off base.  Do not succomb to media pressure like GMs in the past have. 

Edited by JetsFan15

2 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

I agree with you that JD should not be in a hurry.  That Jamal is trying to cash in on a great season last year.  That Jamal will have a hard time holding out.  And with this player, JD communicating directly to him rather through agents would be smart (I would think that agents should make part of that clear with players about team's approaches).  I totally get an NFL player trying to get money ASAP since careers are very short and can be ended on one play.

With all that said, this really stinks to more than just Jamal being Jamal.  Yes he is passionate and very emotional. But someone is in his ear.  Someone or something is trying to sabotage the Adams/Jets relationship.  Don't know who or what but I don't hear this scuttlebutt on other players from his draft class.  Am I missing something?  Any of you agree with this assessment?

I agree that someone Is in his ear telling him to force the Jets hand. It could be his family. He probably thinks that if he forces a trade, it’ll be to Dallas. His friends and family probably want him to play for Dallas.

Edit: if he has Dak’s agent, then that explains it all.

Edited by SDotNova

We’re back to hearing trade comp again. It’s interesting how we always know the details of the Dallas trade yet we still haven’t heard the details of his contract asking price.

1st and Gallup works for me or Martin and a 3rd. Something like that or he can keep kicking rocks for the next 2+ years.

23 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

We’re back to hearing trade comp again. It’s interesting how we always know the details of the Dallas trade yet we still haven’t heard the details of his contract asking price.

1st and Gallup works for me or Martin and a 3rd. Something like that or he can keep kicking rocks for the next 2+ years.

The rumor is the Jets want a 1st and 3rd. If 1st and Gallup is a possibility, especially with Lamb there now, I’m pulling the trigger.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SDotNova said:

The frustrating part is that only one first round player has been extended from the 2017 class (McCaffrey). Mahomes, Garrett, Watson, Tre White, Humphrey, Lattimore and TJ Watt are still playing on their rookie deals and there’s no complaints from them. These guys are under contract for 2 more years.

But somehow the Jets are dragging their feet. Makes me believe he’s just trying to force a trade.

Adams is selfish, a me first guy unfortunately. Yes, he's worth big money but when that time comes. 

Just my opinion on the Adams situation; 

I think a bumper new contract would end all this talk. Maybe he would like to play for Dallas but the fact remains if we offered him big money (like JD has said we will) he will sign no doubt. 

If I’m JD I’m looking at the numbers we have on the payroll over the next few years and we seem extremely fluid. I would be signing Clowney and telling JA that his contract will be exercised at the end of the year. Zero interest in doing it now. 

Hindsight is 20/20; if you offered me 1st and 3rd round picks in February for JA I wouldn’t of wanted it. However those picks could of been CeeDee Lamb and Lloyd Cushenberry. So it shows that sometimes it’s a win/win situation. (Obviously they’ve not played a down in the NFL yet)

I do believe we will get the deal sorted, I see no way the Cowboys (who are having REAL contract problems with their starting QB) signing Jamal this year so he would have to wait for his money anyway. 

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Adams is selfish, a me first guy unfortunately. Yes, he's worth big money but when that time comes. 

I was having this debate with some family members last night (through WhatsApp no face to face!) 

After watching ‘the last dance’ and seeing the way these superstars act it makes you wonder if selfishness is a part of their character or a result of the environment. Look how MJ was paid compared to Pippen. MJ was ‘selfish’ and ‘ruthless’ with his negotiations.

We see players dealt/cut like pieces of meat every single offseason and throughout the year. This is done from the high levels of professional sports right on down to grass roots sports. It seems like teams can do it but the second players pipe up then they are selfish and have bad attitudes. 

Im on the fence with it. Yes it annoys me as a fan but iv seen the other side of it too. Iv seen teams take 6 year olds, put them through 12 years of training, take them out of school put huge financial pressures on their parents to then cut them loose with nothing more than a thank you.