2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

IMO we need to stop putting bandaids on the 0L, LT in particular. At this point it looks pretty likely  that we can get,potentially, a, real good LT at 11 and a pretty good WR at 48.  Passing on Thomas, Willis, etc because we think Egoda can play LT is almost like passing on Watson and Mahomes because we had Petry and Hackenberg 

imo if JD gives up draft capital for over 30 year olds because we think we can make a run, he would be making the same mistake as Mac did when he spent our cap space on Revis, Cromartie, Marshall, and Harris I want to see us build a strong nucleus via the draft and FAs still  in their mid 20s. .

my hope is we sign Glasgow, Thuney. Draft Thomas or Willis, Muti or Hennessy in the 3rd and start the year with rookie LT, Egoda, Thuney, Glosgow and a rookie IOLman

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

That just seems like too much to give up

Maybe. The difference between our early 3rd and 2nd round pick is 20 picks. And they have an early 4th.

With how deep this class is at WR, I think I would rather have an early 3rd and early 4th versus a mid 2nd. They could use Williamson while we could use that cap space on other OL.

Edited by SDotNova

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

We are in a good spot if you ask me. Primed to get a good OLineman at 11 and have money for Conklin or Thuney. I certainly wouldn’t give up too much to land Trent. One of our 3rds and a mid rounder next year is my offer. If they don’t like it, so be it. Offer a ton to Conklin or Thuney in a week.

I agree with a third max and conditional pick next year.  Trent has not played in a while and certainly was a stud when he did but getting older, injuries and not playing is a bad mix.  Given that he wants a new deal two. I am thinking 4th and next year 5th that could be a 4th if he makes All Pro or something like that. 

3 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

I agree with a third max and conditional pick next year.  Trent has not played in a while and certainly was a stud when he did but getting older, injuries and not playing is a bad mix.  Given that he wants a new deal two. I am thinking 4th and next year 5th that could be a 4th if he makes All Pro or something like that. 

I've been saying it for a few days now... I dont want us trading ANY draft capital for an OT. Theres just wayyy to much talent at #11 to waste on a 30+ OT who hasn't played since 2018. 

I'd rather trade for Judon or Barrett and use #11 on an OT  

26 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

I've been saying it for a few days now... I dont want us trading ANY draft capital for an OT. Theres just wayyy to much talent at #11 to waste on a 30+ OT who hasn't played since 2018. 

I'd rather trade for Judon or Barrett and use #11 on an OT  

Why does trading for Williams take OT out of the equation for our 1st? Douglas has come from organizations that value OL big time and knows we need more than just Williams. Trade for Trent, draft the best OT at 11 and prosper, after 2-3 years move on from Williams and shift the guy we took at 11 from RT to LT

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Basically he knows something but he’s not gonna say anything. The gif said it all. Maybe dude is just doing too much as usual.

Oh...yeah it’s probably just him messing around

So the Giants are waiting for FA to resign Leo Williams so that the draft compensation is only a 3rd and 5th round picks instead of the 3rd and 4th we would be entitled too if he resigned now. One last kick in the bollocks from that waste of space ‘best player in the draft’. 

Whoever came up with the terms of the trade should be shot. Would be obvious this would happen, need to think more strategically 😒