Vegas' Don't have a clue Mock....

vegas492

Just can't get on the Mims first round train.  He was never mentioned there before the combine.  Great workout, but I have huge reservations on how he can process the game as it is happening. (football IQ).

One other tidbit that should make a few (or a lot) of you chuckle......Why did we keep Spriggs on the IR roster all year?  Usually there is a settlement and the player goes on his way.  Gute kept Spriggs all year.  Always remember that Palmy felt that all Spriggs needed was more reps.  Wonder if he is going to be in the running for back up tackle?  Was never thoroughly disgusted with him like some were.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Jones and Evans would be similar RB skill sets.   Assuming signing Jones this year would signal that Williams is not re-signed after his rookie deal expires.  Just thinking it makes some sense to have the RB compliment vs being of similar styles.

I don't think finding another power back is a big deal.  If/when Williams leaves, I think that's an easy type to draft, then plug and play.

Electric guys are more difficult.

But I do very much get what you are saying.

26 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Just can't get on the Mims first round train.  He was never mentioned there before the combine.  Great workout, but I have huge reservations on how he can process the game as it is happening. (football IQ).

One other tidbit that should make a few (or a lot) of you chuckle......Why did we keep Spriggs on the IR roster all year?  Usually there is a settlement and the player goes on his way.  Gute kept Spriggs all year.  Always remember that Palmy felt that all Spriggs needed was more reps.  Wonder if he is going to be in the running for back up tackle?  Was never thoroughly disgusted with him like some were.

His 3 cone and speed sold me, along with his size.  We like the big WR.  I love that he's a senior.  I love that he has a baby girl that he adores.  He shows maturity.  I'm a fan of Mims and I'd prefer him via a trade down, but in this scenario, I took the best WR that I thought fit what we want.  Which is more athleticism along with size.  

Spriggs has had plenty of reps.  Not sure why he was kept around.  Hopefully he surprises us.  Honestly, him making the roster would surprise me most.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

His 3 cone and speed sold me, along with his size.  We like the big WR.  I love that he's a senior.  I love that he has a baby girl that he adores.  He shows maturity.  I'm a fan of Mims and I'd prefer him via a trade down, but in this scenario, I took the best WR that I thought fit what we want.  Which is more athleticism along with size.  

Spriggs has had plenty of reps.  Not sure why he was kept around.  Hopefully he surprises us.  Honestly, him making the roster would surprise me most.

I agree with Mims. Spriggs was kept around for a reason. I think he gets the swing tackle job next year.

Really don't think we're going to re-sign Bulaga.  As I've mentioned before, the Packers usually avoid 3rd contracts.  As good as Bulaga has been and stayed relatively healthy, I just don't see him living up to his next contract.  Not sure I like the idea of double-dipping at WR.  Seems like you're overdoing the WR spot, and hoping both rookies manage to hit right away.  Think you're better off pairing a veteran with a rookie.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Really don't think we're going to re-sign Bulaga.  As I've mentioned before, the Packers usually avoid 3rd contracts.  As good as Bulaga has been and stayed relatively healthy, I just don't see him living up to his next contract.  Not sure I like the idea of double-dipping at WR.  Seems like you're overdoing the WR spot, and hoping both rookies manage to hit right away.  Think you're better off pairing a veteran with a rookie.

If they don't sign Bulaga, they'd better be signing somebody in free agency and drafting a very high OT.

• Like 1

Just now, coachbuns said:

If they don't sign Bulaga, they'd better be signing somebody in free agency and drafting a very high OT.

I think we're almost assuredly going to see at least 4 OT (Wirfs, Wills, Thomas, and Becton) go well before our pick.  Then you get into that next tier (Josh Jones, Lucas Niang, Prince Tega Wanogho, and Austin Jackson).  Personally, I've got Josh Jones at the top of that next tier, but he seems like he's going to go in that 18-30 range.  I'm not sure he's going to get to our pick at 30.

On 3/6/2020 at 2:47 PM, vegas492 said:

I don't think finding another power back is a big deal.  If/when Williams leaves, I think that's an easy type to draft, then plug and play.

Electric guys are more difficult.

Najee Harris went back to 'Bama for another year, if Williams leave, Harris would be a great plug-n-play powerback provided he doesn't follow suit with what the last 'Bama back did for us...

On 3/7/2020 at 11:06 AM, CWood21 said:

To be fair, I didn't want to do it.  I HAD  to do it.  There's not a lot in free agency and I'd rather roll the dice with someone that we know well as opposed to taking a flier and hoping it works out.

Same thing with the double dipping at WR.  I liked the value there better than anywhere else...including free agency.

We tried taking 3 WR's a few years ago....later in the draft.  It simply didn't work out.  Now we are more or less "stuck".  And free agency doesn't offer a lot of value to me.  Maybe more come free soon, maybe there are trade candidates out there, but as it stood, taking two WR's high seemed to make sense.

Especially after extending Jones and bringing back Bulaga.  Offense is stable with some life injected into it.

• Like 1