B Stan's Plan 3-5-2020

BStanRamFan

Projected Cap Space (after rookie signings) as per OTC: $18.5Mil

*Trade* NRC to Bengals for #182* Cap Savings $4Mil

New Cap Space $22.5Mil

Re-sign

• Andrew Whitworth 2 Year $15Mil (Cap Hit $7.5Mil)
  • Greg Zuerlein 1 Year $1.5Mil

FA 

• Derek Wolfe 2 Year $10.5Mil. $3.5Mil Base, $1.5Mil Prorated Bonus. (Cap hit $5Mil)
  • Danny Trevathan 2 year $12Mil. $4Mil Base, $2Mil Prorated Bonus. (Cap hit $6Mil)
  • Jordan Reed 1 Year $1.5Mil. (Cap Hit $1.5Mil)

Draft

#52 Cesar Ruiz C/IOL Michigan

#84 Tyler Biadasz C/IOL Wisconsion

#123 Troy Dye LB  Oregon

#137 Khalid Karem EDGE Notre Dame (Compensatory)

#198 Quintez Cephus WR Wisconsion

Not going to go much deeper than this. With the FA I layed out, we let the big names walk (Fowler, Littleton, Brockers, Blythe), but we brought in cheap, stop gap vets that have familiarity with our coaching staff. For the draft, I think we need to focus on getting a starting Center and starting LG. With Noteboom, Evans, and Havenstein I think we have enough Tackles for Whit's last run. David Edwards plugs in at starting RG. Corbett is a solid back up. With that said I went Ruiz and Biadasz back to back. Not flashy, but interchangeable between G and C in eyes. Let them feel out which role suits them best in camp.

We needed and additional EDGE player to compete with Clay and Ebukam. I think Jachai Polite and OKO also work in more playing time next year.

Quintez Cephus is my Michael Thomas replacement and Robert Woods eventual replacement. 

We roll into next year Gurley and Henderson seeing a 50/50 split and I think thrive behind revamped O-Line on the inside. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 1:25 PM, BStanRamFan said:

Projected Cap Space (after rookie signings) as per OTC: $18.5Mil

*Trade* NRC to Bengals for #182* Cap Savings $4Mil

New Cap Space $22.5Mil

Re-sign

• Andrew Whitworth 2 Year $15Mil (Cap Hit $7.5Mil)
  • Greg Zuerlein 1 Year $1.5Mil

FA 

• Derek Wolfe 2 Year $10.5Mil. $3.5Mil Base, $1.5Mil Prorated Bonus. (Cap hit $5Mil)
  • Danny Trevathan 2 year $12Mil. $4Mil Base, $2Mil Prorated Bonus. (Cap hit $6Mil)
  • Jordan Reed 1 Year $1.5Mil. (Cap Hit $1.5Mil)

Draft

#52 Cesar Ruiz C/IOL Michigan

#84 Tyler Biadasz C/IOL Wisconsion

#123 Troy Dye LB  Oregon

#137 Khalid Karem EDGE Notre Dame (Compensatory)

#198 Quintez Cephus WR Wisconsion

Not going to go much deeper than this. With the FA I layed out, we let the big names walk (Fowler, Littleton, Brockers, Blythe), but we brought in cheap, stop gap vets that have familiarity with our coaching staff. For the draft, I think we need to focus on getting a starting Center and starting LG. With Noteboom, Evans, and Havenstein I think we have enough Tackles for Whit's last run. David Edwards plugs in at starting RG. Corbett is a solid back up. With that said I went Ruiz and Biadasz back to back. Not flashy, but interchangeable between G and C in eyes. Let them feel out which role suits them best in camp.

We needed and additional EDGE player to compete with Clay and Ebukam. I think Jachai Polite and OKO also work in more playing time next year.

Quintez Cephus is my Michael Thomas replacement and Robert Woods eventual replacement. 

We roll into next year Gurley and Henderson seeing a 50/50 split and I think thrive behind revamped O-Line on the inside. 

I don’t think Biadasz will last to 84. I say we get him at 52.  

And why do some fans think that Robert Woods will be gone eventually? Cooks will be gone way before him. Woods is our most consistent receiver 

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

And why do some fans think that Robert Woods will be gone eventually? Cooks will be gone way before him. Woods is our most consistent receiver 

Both will be gone in the next couple years. Selling Woods now gets us a best return possible. Cooks will be gone as soon as it's feasible with his contract and the money owed to him. Woods gone now is a sell high deal. 

I dont see Woods gone. I can see Cooks gone due to his injury history with concussions, plus as we see in KC by them having Hardman, you can find a receiver in the draft to take the top off a defense. They drafted Hardman with the notion that Hill could be suspended due to the allegations during the offseason. Hardman stepped in and did an amazing job when Hill was hurt and made a big impact in the playoffs especially to give the team a spark in the Houston game when they were down big and nothing seemed to work. So yeah I think the Rams can find a speed guy to take the top off, keep Woods and Kupp whom are both reliable on the the field and still have Everett and Higbee at tight end. Not to mention the impact the Rams hope Henderson can add in the passing game and they just like I still believe in Gurley.

As for the Rams offseason, I read from Matthew Berry who talked to Rams brass during the combine, he said someone from the Rams organization said the Rams are going to focus alot on the oline this offseason. Its going to be interesting to see who they target in free agency and the draft. I think if the Rams can improve their oline to just average this season they will be a top 5 offense again and be right back in the Superbowl hunt. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

I dont see Woods gone. I can see Cooks gone due to his injury history with concussions,

It's really simple when you look at the contracts. What will it take to trade the cap hit incoming for Cooks and what cap hit will we still take if we trade him versus what we get for trading Woods and the cap hit for trading him. It's really very simple. Nobody suggesting a trade of Woods disagrees that we're better off with him on the roster than Cooks. What we're saying is we have a very smart GM who realizes he can get more for Woods than Cooks and it won't negatively impact the cap. Plus this is one of the best WR drafts in a very long time. We could get rid of him ride Cooks and Kupp along with our two TE's and Reynolds while we bring along a rookie or two. Then next year we actually would save money getting rid of Cooks we do the same and trade him and draft a young guy. One thing we're going to have to do for a year or two is move contracts and go with young guys. We paid Goff and AD and we'll need to cut corners where we can. This is no different than any other team, look at Philly. They're going to likely be moving on from their starting LT (and one of their options at OT/G) and a starting ILB in one offseason. They just paid Wentz and have huge cap hits for Cox, Jefferey and Ertz. It's the way the NFL is now. 

• Like 1

It's a good mock. I think Lloyd Cushenberry makes more sense than Ruiz if we're planning to grab another potential Center later. Ruiz is arguably the better Center than Cushenberry, but Cushenberry is the better OG prospect.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1