Washington Redskins grant LT Trent Williams permission to seek a trade

jetskid007

14 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

ESPN’s John Keim reported back then that the Redskins were seeking a first-round pick for Williams, and NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported the organization was asking for big-name players such as 2018 No. 4 overall pick Denzel Ward as part of the deal. Keim also said no one came close to what the Redskins wanted.

One NFL talent evaluator estimated that Williams has at least four Pro Bowl-caliber seasons left in him, which might be enough to help get the Browns to a championship level.

The Browns would likely have to weigh giving up the No. 10 overall pick for Williams as opposed to drafting one of the top blindside protectors in this left-tackle rich draft.

New Redskins coach Ron Rivera has been talking to Williams and hoped to keep him, but the club gave him permission to seek his own deal on Thursday, according to Russini.

The Browns also have a strong connection to Peters, who spent the 2019 season in Philadelphia with Berry as assistant GM to Howie Roseman.

Peters is 38 and would be more of a stopgap measure than Williams, but would still give the Browns an elite player at the position for a few years.

Ooooof you actually quoted MKC as a legitimate Cleveland journalist or even a journalist whatsoever. She's awful.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

You realize Derrius Guice is about to run for 6k yards this year, right?

That is what I have been saying to myself at the beginning of every fantasy season in my dynasty league. I know it's coming. I can feel it. 

• Like 3

On 3/5/2020 at 4:26 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

One NFL talent evaluator estimated that Williams has at least four Pro Bowl-caliber seasons left in him, which might be enough to help get the Browns to a championship level.

Haven't the Browns exiled enough Pro Bowl caliber tackles to languishing irrelevance as it is?  Poor Joe Thomas. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 9:07 PM, Thaiphoon said:

The sooner he's off this team, the better.

That was exactly my reaction when I read the headline: Finally...

I know it's the 'Skins and their front office is questionable at best, but even they shouldn't have taken this long to wash their hands of an aging, expensive, disgruntled player...

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 6:26 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

Nope. Nope, nope, nope. Not doing that this season.

The words "Browns" and "Championship" are not allowed in the same sentence until they can win at least eight games in a single season. I've heard enough of this nonsense from last season, the Browns have lost all rights to discussing a potential playoff run UNTIL they can go .500.

Until then, refrain from doing so.

• Like 2

If I have a high draft pick and the need, I draft an LT vs spending tons on an older (but true, proven) guy. This is the guy you sign when you're a stud LT away from a deep playoff run.  Browns aint it at least not yet. I don't think anyone is

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Nope. Nope, nope, nope. Not doing that this season.

The words "Browns" and "Championship" are not allowed in the same sentence until they can win at least eight games in a single season. I've heard enough of this nonsense from last season, the Browns have lost all rights to discussing a potential playoff run UNTIL they can go .500.

Until then, refrain from doing so.

Umm, are you speaking to the author of the article, or...?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Washington will have a get realistic with their demands. Their best case scenario would be a mid to late round pick this year WITH a conditional pick in 2021 that can become a 2nd/3rd.

Or they are using this as a Media ploy so that when Compensation they believe to be adequate obviously isn't met, they can say We Tried! This is Daniel Snyder here we're talking about!

• Like 1