2020 Mock Draft

Da_Ducktator

12 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

It was either in the few days before or the few days after Simmons ran (think it was before), where I saw some cut-ups on Twitter of the Raiders D being abused by the Packers and Lions by some RB Scissor concepts (Pack had three different RBs go over 26 receiving yards, and J.D. McKissic scored on a catch for the Lions). Once I saw those and already knew of Gruden & Mayock's infatuation with Clemson players, it made sense to me that they could target a move-up for a big-time defensive play-maker like Simmons.

Even if Simmons ends up being a major bust compared to expectations, at the worst, he will at least be good in coverage, so his absolute worst fills a need for Las Vegas.

I mean, it's a Mock Draft aka, have to project to as close as I can what NFL teams are going to actually do. Early March, nobody is going to be anywhere near accurate in the long term, but the point is projecting what may actually happen, not what I think should happen.

Packers have shown time and time again the past couple years they would rather roll the dice at WR other than Adams. Jaylon Johnson fits the mold at corner they have tried to fill and when you have to play Cousins/Diggs/Thielen and Stafford/Golladay a total of four times during the season, it's not bad to continue to build depth in the secondary.

Maybe Willie Gay Jr. could fit in here. People are paying more attention after his freaky workout, but I feel his off-field stuff likely keeps him out of the 1st in the end.

I thought the same. Maybe Higgins provides more "value" by staying put and taking, but Lamb is a potential superstar. Ideal WR to compliment Smokey.

I love both players, but things happen. Dez Bryant had those weird off-field concerns as a prospect, but was a superior prospect to Jeudy and fell to the 20's. I love both Lamb & Jeudy, but the strong likelihood that minimum three QB's, four OT's, Young, Simmons and Okudah go in the top 15 means that there is only five other slots left in the top 15. Teams have not shown a strong tendency to draft a WR like Jeudy - good workout but not exceptional, average size, average production - or a DT like Brown - built like a fire hydrant and wins with clean feet and hands on the field but tested poorly and didn't leave as a junior - highly.

I would personally pick Jeudy over Ruggs as well, but both are great prospects in their own regard. Broncos reportedly are coveting speed to pair with Lock and Sutton. Makes a lot of sense to nab Ruggs from a fit standpoint.

Appreciate it. The key right now is to remember that know very little on exact fits, but we do have some tendency keys to go off of. Also, have to have a little fun, hence the trades.

The Falcons employ Blidi Wreh-Wilson for goodness sakes ;)

I think there is a good possibility that if Fulton has a solid Pro Day, that he goes ahead of Brown. Like I said above, I know people love Brown and I like him too, but there isn't much history to suggest he is going as high as most project. 

So you think in win now mode the Packers should draft for depth? I’m not saying they should draft a WR in the first, I hope they don’t, but OL and DL makes much more sense at that spot than to reach on a player at a position where it would only add depth.

19 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Rumor has the Jags really liking Henderson, smoke or fire ?

Its lying season.   Henderson is a good corner however he is at his best in man coverage and we are a predominantly zone coverage. 

The only thing that we know is thar the defense needs reinforcements at IDL and pass rusher(i firmly believe jags will trade ngakoue)

• Like 1

On 3/12/2020 at 9:51 AM, THE DUKE said:

Muti in rd 1?  That seems a little rich and an over reaction to doing a lot of bench reps.

Don't give a **** about his bench reps. Guy has been an elite player when healthy. Health concerns likely keep him out of the 1st but his talent warrants going that high.