• Rise of the Planet of the Apes
    • Interstellar
    • Ex Machina
    • Arrival
    • Mad Max: Fury Road
    • Edge of Tomorrow
    • Inception

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/2020 at 11:00 PM

In this thread we will be deciding the first entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Sci-Fi movie from the 2010s to present!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Poll is up and there can only be one! Keep in mind the amount of votes the winner receives will help determine seeding in the bracket, so dont stop voting for the movie you think deserve the spot because its winning by a landslide, your vote will still count! Polling will close Saturday, 3/7/2020 at 6pm EST. 

@Calvert28  @Pickle Rick@THE DUKE @FinneasGage @FourThreeMafia  @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn

No contest, but Snowpiercer is a close 2nd.  

giphy.gif

Fury Road could be an action sure, but just the fact it is also an amazing Sci Fi futuristic film shows how freaking great it really is overall.  Creativity it wins in a massive way, no other film listed here comes close to original character design, vehicle design and just overall environment of a futuristic film that absolutely created its own world.    

PS hated Arrival, absolutely hated it, gave it a one star.  Annihilation was a better film and Annihilation sucked also.  

Just now, seminoles1 said:

I also don't see how Mad Max: Fury Road is sci-fi.

It created a world that does not exist, it created creatures that do not exist and created an overall environment that does not exist and all takes place in the future.  The creativity in the wardrobe, makeup, characters, technology etc is flat outstanding. Sure the entire apocalyptic thing is tricky, and yes it has arguably the best action scenes in film history.  But I see it easily as a Sci Fi film as well as an action film.  

• Like 1

Just now, Ozzy said:

It created a world that does not exist, it created creatures that do not exist and created an overall environment that does not exist and all takes place in the future.  The creativity in the wardrobe, makeup, characters, technology etc is flat outstanding. Sure the entire apocalyptic thing is tricky, and yes it has arguably the best action scenes in film history.  But I see it easily as a Sci Fi film as well as an action film.  

Just because a movie is set in the future doesn't mean it's science fiction.

I'm not remembering what creatures they created that aren't real. And if there is something that's fake, it has no effect on the movie whatsoever. 

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Just because a movie is set in the future doesn't mean it's science fiction.

I'm not remembering what creatures they created that aren't real. And if there is something that's fake, it has no effect on the movie whatsoever. 

Think what you wish, Arrival to me was an absolutely awful movie, regardless of its coming in contact with new beings BS which is pretty standard issue and has been done before.  Fury Road was far more creative and people actually want to rewatch it, Arrival I would be perfectly fine never seeing that movie ever again.  

If Fury Road does not win this, it will not matter it should kill it in the action category and Arrival will be long dead by that time.  

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Think what you wish, Arrival to me was an absolutely awful movie, regardless of its coming in contact with new beings BS which is pretty standard issue and has been done before.  Fury Road was far more creative and people actually want to rewatch it, Arrival I would be perfectly fine never seeing that movie ever again.  

If Fury Road does not win this, it will not matter it should kill it in the action category and Arrival will be long dead by that time.  

It's definitely not getting an action vote from me

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Okay, so how does any of that make it sci-fi? And don't just tell me it's because IMDb says it is. It's an honest question to you. 

To me, it's an action movie that takes place in a possible future, but it's not a sci-fi movie. There's no crazy/fake science or fantasy or any other aspect of the movie that's out of this world. And just because it's set in the future doesn't make it sci-fi...unless you want to argue that The Purge is sci-fi.

57 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Okay, so how does any of that make it sci-fi? And don't just tell me it's because IMDb says it is. It's an honest question to you. 

To me, it's an action movie that takes place in a possible future, but it's not a sci-fi movie. There's no crazy/fake science or fantasy or any other aspect of the movie that's out of this world. And just because it's set in the future doesn't make it sci-fi...unless you want to argue that The Purge is sci-fi.

I consider it Sci Fi for the reasons I said.  Waterworld is a Sci Fi movie as well, just because there is not crazy advanced technology in the film like lasers because at the time those luxuries were not there in the context of the film story, does not mean it is not a Sci-Fi movie.  You tell me a movie where you have seen people like the ones in Mad Max Fury road, vehicles like the ones seen in the film, weapons like the ones seen in the film, and weather like was seen in the film.  That is called creativity, sure it is like the original Mad Max films but took and improved it greatly and made it even better than those other films, which are also all Sci-Fi movies.  

Put it into action whatever, it will kill it there no problem, but it is both honestly, like many movies can be put into multiple categories.  

Edited by Ozzy