• Rise of the Planet of the Apes
    • Interstellar
    • Ex Machina
    • Arrival
    • Mad Max: Fury Road
    • Edge of Tomorrow
    • Inception

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/2020 at 11:00 PM

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Arrival, Edge of Tomorrow or Inception will get my vote.  Which one gets it will likely just to be to keep Annihilation from winning. 

please not Inception

Arrival is a worthy pick

Edge of Tommorrow was fun

Edited by Malfatron

Mad Max got my vote, but I'd be fine with Inception or Arrival winning. 

For me, the nomination process is where a movie should be decided if it fits the category or not. Once we get to the poll, I'm voting for the best movie since that's what the entire tournament is about. It'd be a shame for MM to lose in a Best Movie tourny because it's not sci-fi enough and then have something else beat it in the action category. 

36 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Mad Max got my vote, but I'd be fine with Inception or Arrival winning. 

For me, the nomination process is where a movie should be decided if it fits the category or not. Once we get to the poll, I'm voting for the best movie since that's what the entire tournament is about. It'd be a shame for MM to lose in a Best Movie tourny because it's not sci-fi enough and then have something else beat it in the action category. 

Something could beat Fury Road in the action category maybe but if it does not go far, then people really do not know what quality action in a film looks like and possibly vote for Fast and the Furious 27 instead.  So if it does down here no issue really.

Maybe I will have to start taking drugs which apparently a lot of people are on if they honestly think Arrival is a great movie.  Has it ever been shown on standard cable since then?  Where Mad Max Fury Road has been on TV what 15-25 times potentially in a very short period of time.  And does anyone actually own Arrival because they think it is so good?  

11 hours ago, Ozzy said:

No contest, but Snowpiercer is a close 2nd.  

giphy.gif

Fury Road could be an action sure, but just the fact it is also an amazing Sci Fi futuristic film shows how freaking great it really is overall.  Creativity it wins in a massive way, no other film listed here comes close to original character design, vehicle design and just overall environment of a futuristic film that absolutely created its own world.    

And it has this guy!

be80ab95c0cfe1630be6c520ccaadf67.png

Just now, THE DUKE said:

And it has this guy!

be80ab95c0cfe1630be6c520ccaadf67.png

Granted, that was the worst part of the movie, especially that end scene with the poorly done digital animation.  Did need that guitar vibe throughout the case I suppose, they just took it a little far.

The War boys are bad to the bone and some of the coolest characters in film, and if one does not realize how badass this is, then I feel sorry for them.  

source.gif

source.gif

Is it Sci Fi, is it action, is it horror, who cares it is freaking great and absolutely original.

mad+max.jpg

31 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Has it ever been shown on standard cable since then?  Where Mad Max Fury Road has been on TV what 15-25 times potentially in a very short period of time.

How on god's green earth is this an indication of quality? I was watching AEW on Wednesday and it was bookend before and after by THE SAME Transformers movie. Quick, someone edit my poll and add them all in, its showing on cable tv!!!!!!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I loved guitar guy.  He was so far over the top and ridiculous that it kind of made everything else fall right into place.

True I just did not like how they used him at the end, with that guitar logo perfectly centering on the camera in that last crash seemed a little much.

The one armed Furiosa driving the rig and trying to save the Wives from Immortan Joe with the help of Max, freaking great.

mad-max-fury-road-charlize-theron-furios

Just now, Deadpulse said:

How on god's green earth is this an indication of quality? I was watching AEW on Wednesday and it was bookend before and after by THE SAME Transformers movie. Quick, someone edit my poll and add them all in, its showing on cable tv!!!!!!

Like the movie man all you want, I am just saying I absolutely hate it, and sure it is not a ranking of quality but there is a point of do people even want to watch it again?  Mad Max Fury Road will be shown on TV for years because it is freaking great.  Just like The Shawshank Redemption is shown constantly, they do not show them because no one watches them.  Sure crap *** Super Hero movies are shown a ton, does not mean they are great sure but Mad Max Fury road did win 6 Oscars but maybe they are all full of it as well.  And they won for production design, makeup, costume design  etc because they did create a completely original and unique world, to me that is Sci Fi all the way.  Just like the next decade idiots will praise Avatar for those same things but Avatar is a crap *** movie that is absolutely not original based on the story itself.  

Some people just love the idea of Alien life and anything even remotely relating to that they are absolutely absorbed into it.  I am not like that, if I want Alien life I want Alien the movie not freaking Arrival.