2000s Sci-Fi - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

In this thread we will be deciding the second entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Sci-Fi movie from the 2000s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Nominations are open! Please be clear that you are nominating flicks. Movies with 3+ nominations will make it into the polling phase. POSTERS WILL BE LIMITED TO FIVE NOMINATIONS. If you nominate more than 5 I will only count the top five. The changes in edited posts will not be counted. Nominations will close Saturday, 3/7/2020 at 6pm EST. 

@Calvert28 @THE DUKE @FinneasGage @FourThreeMafia  @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

The Butterfly Effect

The Island

V for Vendetta

I am Legend

Cloverfield 

IMDb says they are sci-fi so idc if anyone disagrees

I love V for Vendetta, but I have a hard time seeing how it's sci-fi.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

The Butterfly Effect

The Island

V for Vendetta

I am Legend

Cloverfield 

IMDb says they are sci-fi so idc if anyone disagrees

I saw V for Vendetta listed as Sci Fi on lists before, not sure a buy it, I guess maybe overall is not original enough.  Is just a play off the movie 1984 really, which freaking sucked honestly, neat idea but they did not pull it off well.  At least V for Vendetta was better than that but it is only because of Natalie.  

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Children of Men

Wall-E

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Minority Report

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I would call Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind a romance before I call it a Sci Fi film.  Makes sense sure but again more of a romance vibe.

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I love V for Vendetta, but I have a hard time seeing how it's sci-fi.

I typed in 2000's sci-fi movies and it popped up. Checked on imdb and it said sci-fi. That's enough for me

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Haha fair enough, but thinking about it I just don't see it. To each his own though.

Personally I'm with you but I'm using imdb and wiki as my objective measurements for this project now. I've spent way too much time thinking about classifications