The Next 4 Games Will Determine the Fate of Our Regime

roger murdock

Here are some things I really want to see:

1. Our young guys develop and look legit.

2. Us be competitive against teams that are obviously better than us and maybe pull off an upset or two.

3. Us win the "winnable" games, or at least 80% of them.

4. Us finish somewhere around 6-9 wins

5. Most importantly, Hue and Sashi to be back for the 2018 off-season with a full head of steam going forward into next year.

10 hours ago, roger murdock said:

I didn't make this post because of last week. My thought in general was - that game was a top to bottom disaster, but we only lost 28-14. Thats the kind of game I'm used to losing 42-3, so theres progress somewhere even if it looked terrible.

I made this post because of the next 4 weeks. They are cupcakes. They are teams that are either tanking of self destructing. I'm not asking us to beat the Patriots or the Ravens or the Steelers.

I wouldn't expect someone to be able to hook up with Jessica Alba if they didn't have the game to land a 450 pound lady with self esteem issues. Thats what our next 4 weeks are. We just have to not f up. If we can't score one of those in the next four weeks then things are going to get terrible. Its inevitable.

Get to 2-4 after 6 games and I think we get through this alright. 0-6 and I don't see a chance in hell this experiment gets a third act.

My post wasn't actually intended for you. Was addressing the ones that were high as a kite or josh after the picksburg game and wanted to fire Hue after the bummore game. 

Although I respectfully disagree with the next four games determining the fate of our guys. We have to remember we are on the same level as the next four opponents. So these games should be more competitive, doesn't mean we should win.  We're also extremely young and extremely inexperienced. We are also starting a rookie QB who should be in his junior year in college.  We're installing a brand new defense. I think most in here predicted 4 wins. This year is going to be LONG! I fully believe Haslam will give these guys the whole season, another offseason and most of next year. Anything less would be stupid. I feel good about Hue. I think he's the best coach we've hired since Butch "gut feeling" Davis. Lets do it right for a change. 

52 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

2. Us be competitive against teams that are obviously better than us and maybe pull off an upset or two.

5. Most importantly, Hue and Sashi to be back for the 2018 off-season with a full head of steam going forward into next year.

9 wins? This season????

I personally think our ceiling is 6 wins, and I'd be thrilled with that.

57 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

1. This would be nice.

2. This would be nice.

3. All of them are winnable. 

4. Probably closer to 5 with the inexperience and lack of talent at skill positions.

5. Sashi and Gregg Williams are big. I don't really care about Hue, but if he goes the other two probably go too. 

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

9 wins? This season????

I personally think our ceiling is 6 wins, and I'd be thrilled with that.

In no way, shape, or form am I expecting 9 wins. I just see that as a "wow, if everything possible goes our way (LULZ Cleveland) we could win 9 games" (Maybe Pittsburgh has their division/first round bye clinched and benches everyone, we win all of the Jets/Colts type games, other teams have key guys get hurt, we don't, etc.).

I should have said 5+ games with the potential to win 8+ next year if we really hit on guys last year, this year, and next year in the draft/free agency.

It's not unreasonable for Deshone to stop the critical turnovers. Nor is it unrealistic to to expect to win the trenches every game once Myles is back and the OL is ironed out. Those two things make winning any game possible. As usual it comes down to the QB. Our WR's aren't good per say but Duke and the TE's can make plays. All they need to do is make a few plays downfield and Higgins can find his niche in the slot.

This IND game will be another challenge. Sheard and Simon can give Shon fits, but there are going to be openings downfield and some running lanes. Defensively Hilton and Moncrief are going to be tough to handle but the real key will be Doyle. We've been getting burned by TE's since last season and it has carried over. 

2 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

1. This would be nice.

2. This would be nice.

3. All of them are winnable. 

4. Probably closer to 5 with the inexperience and lack of talent at skill positions.

5. Sashi and Gregg Williams are big. I don't really care about Hue, but if he goes the other two probably go too. 

Hue is the only one I have doubts about.

I feel we should win these games if we are making any progress towards becoming a decent team. If we go 3-1 and end up 3-3 on the year going into Tenn then I will say we are on the right track. If we lose more than one in these next 4 weeks then well it might be back to the drawing board. Colts BenGals, grounded jets, and the texans are top 5 draft teams this year. 

that is all

mastercheddaar

43 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

As bad as they all appear, every one of those teams is looking at us like an automatic W for them.

Yes sir.  As we are looking at them as probable wins.  The Brownies need to come out firing on all cylinders and make sure it's not a game by half time.  I need to see Kizer move the ball with his feet a little more.  He has the athletic ability to move the chains running when he isn't finding an open receiver. 

1 hour ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Yes sir.  As we are looking at them as probable wins.  The Brownies need to come out firing on all cylinders and make sure it's not a game by half time.  I need to see Kizer move the ball with his feet a little more.  He has the athletic ability to move the chains running when he isn't finding an open receiver. 

He missed a few opportunities to get chunks of yardage on a scramble on Sunday.

I prefer to look at that game as an outlier, and I think at season's end that's what it will prove to be.

Archived