Would you trade your 2nd & TE David Njoku now, or what Trent Williams fetches in real life?

aceinthehouse

Just curious on your thoughts & what you value LT Trent Williams.

Let's play a game! 🥂

Kind of like that Howie Mandel suitcase game on TV a few years ago. "Let's make a deal"?

I'm offering you Trent Williams for the Browns 2nd rounder & TE David Njoku.

Do you take that now?

or do you pay what the Redskins actually end up getting for Trent Williams in real life? (Yes...another team may actually trade for him & not browns...I know)

But humor me...it's just a game.

So do you take the deal I offer?

Or wait it out, to see what Trent REALLY goes for?

Williams is on the last year of his contract so you either pay him what he wants after the trade or you spend a 2nd plus on a one year rental. Either way I'm not a fan of giving up a high pick to essentially sign a free agent or for 1 year of service so I'd take my chances on what they actually get but some team will probably give up more than they should. Then again, he may go for a late 3rd. Redskins can pretend they have leverage but they don't, their only hope is teams bidding against each other or finding a sucker.

Now if this was a young player with multiple years left on a rookie deal the price would be much higher.

• Like 1

Trent Williams hasn't proven that he can pass a physical or that he can receive sustained contact to his head throughout the course of the season and/or stay healthy.

Trent Williams and his agents desire a new contract that compensates him in the top 3 of all tackles in football (which his on-field play necessitates).

So, we'd be giving up a 2nd round pick, top 3 Tackle money, and David Njoku for a health risk player that likely plays 2 to 3 more seasons at best at declining productivity levels.

David Njoku is underappreciated because people don't acknowledge or never realized just how raw he was coming out of college. He's also underappreciated because of his drops and miscues.

But the reality of Njoku and his ultra-productivity in only year 2 of his raw player development can't be overlooked (See Below).

On 12/29/2019 at 1:04 AM, Mind Character said:

David Njoku In his 2nd season, at 22 years old he trailed only 1.) George Kittle, 2.) Travis Kelce, 3.) Zach Ertz, 4.) Jared Cook, 5.) Eric Ebron, 6.) Rob Gronkowski, 7.) Austin Hooper in Yards produced by a Tight Ends and was 5th in Catch% 1-percentage point or less off of George Kittle and Rob Gronkowski's mark that year. He's amongst a grouping of players we all think of as big-time Tight Ends (Ebron fell off this year; Hooper is getting paid as a top 3 Tight-end).

He was the rawest Tight End coming into the draft in which scouts predicted that he was so raw that it likely would all come together for him until year 4 with the logic being that Tight End is the hardest developmental position in terms of success rate based on all analytical models and traditional football scouting analysis.

Njoku had issues last year blocking. He also had drops but comparing the drops to the other Tight-ends he's right where most of the tight ends we think are the best are. Tight ends in general have less reliable hands than receivers.

We drafted Njoku at the bottom of the 1st round. He came in raw and one of the youngest Tight Ends to ever enter the league at 21 years old. He's far from a great player but giving up on him before we've ever seen his 3rd year of growth is wild man.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Just curious on your thoughts & what you value LT Trent Williams.

Let's play a game! 🥂

Kind of like that Howie Mandel suitcase game on TV a few years ago. "Let's make a deal"?

I'm offering you Trent Williams for the Browns 2nd rounder & TE David Njoku.

Do you take that now?

or do you pay what the Redskins actually end up getting for Trent Williams in real life? (Yes...another team may actually trade for him & not browns...I know)

But humor me...it's just a game.

So do you take the deal I offer?

Or wait it out, to see what Trent REALLY goes for?

No.

Why does everyone want to trade our young tight end when we also have no other good tight ends. For an old offensive tackle. Let’s let this thing play out, free agency hasn’t even started and there are lots of options in the draft this year. 

• Like 3