Would you trade your 2nd & TE David Njoku now, or what Trent Williams fetches in real life?

aceinthehouse

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Why does everyone want to trade our young tight end when we also have no other good tight ends. For an old offensive tackle. Let’s let this thing play out, free agency hasn’t even started and there are lots of options in the draft this year. 

Yeah I feel like we still have a studly roster. There's no reason to panic because we had a buffoon for head coach last year. If we underachieve again this year, we can think about deconstructing the roster a little bit.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Why does everyone want to trade our young tight end when we also have no other good tight ends. For an old offensive tackle. Let’s let this thing play out, free agency hasn’t even started and there are lots of options in the draft this year. 

I don't think anyone has said they want to trade Njoku for Williams..

17 minutes ago, braylon said:

I don't think anyone has said they want to trade Njoku for Williams..

There is a Browns fan on the previous page that is taking the bait. Not to mention the constant hypotheticals of trading David Njoku all off-season.

Heck no. I would say a 4th round pick for all the reasons everyone has already mentioned. Too many uncertainties. If Washington wouldn't take it, who cares; plenty of other ways to get a tackle for this year and beyond.

Plus there is no reason to make our TE group even thinner than it already is.

Edited by House1375

10 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Just curious on your thoughts & what you value LT Trent Williams.

Let's play a game! 🥂

Kind of like that Howie Mandel suitcase game on TV a few years ago. "Let's make a deal"?

I'm offering you Trent Williams for the Browns 2nd rounder & TE David Njoku.

Do you take that now?

or do you pay what the Redskins actually end up getting for Trent Williams in real life? (Yes...another team may actually trade for him & not browns...I know)

But humor me...it's just a game.

So do you take the deal I offer?

Or wait it out, to see what Trent REALLY goes for?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

The second 3rd is the most I would do and even then I don't think it would take that much due to his injury history. Teams are going to low ball the hell out of Washington

Yup. Trent Williams is basically a free agent. He won't play for the Redskins, so they have very little leverage. He can rot on their roster or they can get something for him. It's up to them if they want to be petty and hurt themselves.

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yup. Trent Williams is basically a free agent. He won't play for the Redskins, so they have very little leverage. He can rot on their roster or they can get something for him. It's up to them if they want to be petty and hurt themselves.

in hindsight, they should be happy to get anything higher than a 4th for him given his situation because teams are taking a calculated risk trading for him

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Let's play a game! 🥂

Kind of like that Howie Mandel suitcase game on TV a few years ago. "Let's make a deal"?

Do you take that now?

200.gif

NOT EVEN CLOSE......

I live in the DMV....and me and boy been arguing ALL morning about This topic.

He's saying that we should trade them a 1tst or Njoku and our 2nd......LOL.

giphy.gif

I was thinking he's 32 years old, he's had injury history, he's had drug suspensions, he's held out for money multiple times......and he's gonna want big Money......Why would we spend the resources we need to land Jack Conklin and possibly Grant Depit and a LB for Trent Williams....

I said to be fair.....our late 3rd and a conditional 5th next year based on playing time and some other things.

And the more I think about it......Trent is going to want top 5 money....and we have a #1 QB, a #1 CB, a top 5 RB and a top 5 DE to pay in the next 2-3 seasons....AND we already are spending the most money on 2 WR's in the league......I'm almost on a hard pass....

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Let's play a game! 🥂

Do you take that now?

or do you pay what the Redskins actually end up getting for Trent Williams in real life? (Yes...another team may actually trade for him & not browns...I know)

But humor me...it's just a game.

So do you take the deal I offer?

Or wait it out, to see what Trent REALLY goes for?

And While I do Like this type of interaction between fan bases....especially during this time of year....but with this proposal.......was  it real?

And are you same guy who said this as part of his Mock Offseason?

On 3/5/2020 at 8:14 AM, aceinthehouse said:

Trades

I believe CB Quentin Dunbar gets traded to Atlanta Falcons for WR Julio Jones. We also send them our 5th Round pick (#2) to them as well.

I've always felt that Julio Jones would be a Redskin some day. Now is about as good a time as any for that dream to come true.

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Deal because he wouldn't not get paid this year then I will transistion tag him next year he would only clear 4 million after taxes for 2 years.

Depending on whether or not the CBA goes through, you can't use both tags anymore. Just an FYI.