Average Offensive Starter PFF Scores for NFL

MacReady

34 minutes ago, BarnettOSU said:

Question. 

What if the good O-Lines Rodgers has had lately, has caused him to believe he can hold onto the ball as long as he wants?

What if we gave him a bad line and forced him to get the ball out fast?

thinking out loud lol. 

Collarbones snap and knees get busted

1 minute ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

All this does is make me seriously question how PFF comes up with these ratings. Not saying your wrong by any stretch, but I don't think using PFF ratings are going to prove anything. For example look at how Philly is number 1. Yet it is pretty apparent to all that they need to inject some serious talent at the WR position. I agree with you that the Offense has plenty of quality players. That doesn't mean a specific position group of the offense isn't lacking in talent.

Philadelphia is so high because their OL is the best in the league.  Would you agree?

1 minute ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

Absolutely, but does that mean Wentz doesn't need some more help?   

I’ve already granted we need help.  It just gets me when people act like Rodgers is handicapped by a lack of skilled players around him.

Half the league doesn’t have a WR as good as Adams or RB as good as Jones or OL as good as ours.

We’re literally the 6th best off team in the league, and that’s with a decrepit TE.  

• Like 1

I just use my eyes and brain. As Rodgers has gotten older, the Packers have let the talent around him dwindle down to nothing. It can't be argued any other way. Maybe the WR's made Rodgers more than Rodgers made the WR's. Either way, as I've said before, blaming Rodgers for having birthdays is stupid. Blame the Packers for not keeping the same level of talent around him, or blame the Packers for re-signing him. Those are the only two options.

• Like 3

to be fair, if you asked me where Rodgers stood as a QB. I would say top 25%. No longer elite, probably overpaid but still a very good QB who gives us a chance of winning just not as good a chance as the elite QBs or the QBs on a rookie deal producing at a high level. And low and behold, according to the PFF QB rankings, he is exactly top 25% so maybe they do know something.

there could be something in the having 'too good' a line though encouraging his weakness of hanging on to the ball. You don't want a bad OL obviously and you need OTs to hold up but maybe he needs a bit of a prod. I would take a 'bit' of regression in the OL for a decent second receiving option.

Don't take that the wrong way as making excuses for him by the way.

@Arthur Penske and everybody else who is going to **** on PFF, put it to the test.  If you think PFF is horse****, critique it.  Look at the other #2 receivers and ask yourself if the ranking is adequate.  Put Lazard against Watkins.  Playmaking ability and speed and Watkins is obviously better, but consider everything.  Not just ermergerd PlAyz and speed.  Watkins has had motivation issues and lapses in effort his entire career.  If you don’t think that shows up in blocking and other areas, you’re out of your mind.

Do the same with OL.  Look - ACTUALLY LOOK - at the other guards and centers in the league.  For ****’s sake, Newhouse started 8 games at tackle for the Patriots. Is Linsley not better than the players PFF says he’s better than?

You can crap on PFF all you want, but to act like it doesn’t have merit when you actually LOOK at the players on other teams is ****ing insane.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I just use my eyes and brain. As Rodgers has gotten older, the Packers have let the talent around him dwindle down to nothing. It can't be argued any other way. Maybe the WR's made Rodgers more than Rodgers made the WR's. Either way, as I've said before, blaming Rodgers for having birthdays is stupid. Blame the Packers for not keeping the same level of talent around him, or blame the Packers for re-signing him. Those are the only two options.

Completely absurd. 

This fanbase is ******* gross with the way it will run down it's own talent to prop up one guy.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

This is the odd thing.

At his peak Rodgers was loaded with weapons, the longer time has gone, the receiving group has got worse. Really it should be the other way round. At his peak when he should be able to make anyone look good and arguably needed less, he was given a serious set of weapons. As he has regressed a bit and should need additional receiving weapons, he has been given UDFAs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

This is the odd thing.

At his peak Rodgers was loaded with weapons, the longer time has gone, the receiving group has got worse. Really it should be the other way round. At his peak when he should be able to make anyone look good and arguably needed less, he was given a serious set of weapons. As he has regressed a bit and should need additional receiving weapons, he has been given UDFAs.

Yes, the salary cap works.

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Completely absurd. 

This fanbase is ******* gross with the way it will run down it's own talent to prop up one guy.

Are you going to say with a straight face that Adams, Allison, Lazard, Kumerow, and Graham, can hold a candle to Jennings, Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Driver and Finley ? Toss in 2 Pro Bowl guards as well.  If so, that's about as gross as it can get.

Edit: To further illustrate my point, I totally forgot about MVS. Probably because he sucks too.

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 3

"I'm right about Jimmy Graham still, PFF obviously uses blocking way more than receiving and lowers his score. Allen Lazard (an excellent blocking WR) LOOK AT HIS PFF SCORE, HE'S BETTER THAN MOST #2'S!!!"

Our pass catchers are bad. I don't care what PFF says. Adams is elite, then it's a bunch on guys who don't consistently separate.

OL and RBs ? Yeah, very good, top 8 in the league I would say. Offense needs pass catchers.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

"I'm right about Jimmy Graham still, PFF obviously uses blocking way more than receiving and lowers his score. Allen Lazard (an excellent blocking WR) LOOK AT HIS PFF SCORE, HE'S BETTER THAN MOST #2'S!!!"

Our pass catchers are bad. I don't care what PFF says. Adams is elite, then it's a bunch on guys who don't consistently separate.

OL and RBs ? Yeah, very good, top 8 in the league I would say. Offense needs pass catchers.

Yeah, I need to eat it with Graham.  He’s bad.

Adams, Lazard, MVS and Allison, thanks to Adams, makes our pass catchers average.  Unless you think what the Steelers, Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Bengals, Jaguars, Colts, Titans, Patriots, Ravens, Raiders, Broncos, Panthers, Redskins, Eagles, Niners, Cardinals (am I past 16 yet) we’re better off at WR 1-3.

Spoiler alert: They weren’t.  

Our pass catchers (from 1-4) were better than half the league.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Completely absurd. 

I believe there are a few others out there that share my attitude toward your sweeping generalizations of the 'fan base'.

Really, most of us stay out of your tantrums on Rodgers.  We know he's past his prime.  He's still a top 10 QB in the league (PFF rates him there).  We just get tired of your constant rant about how the fan base thinks.  Is he overpaid? right now- yes.  But at the end of his previous contracts he was underpaid. It is just the way the league works.

In his early years it seemed like he had a bevy of talent (2nd and 3rd rounders) quite a few games last year, other than Adams, he had a squad of UDFAs.  Those are facts and not opinions.