Average Offensive Starter PFF Scores for NFL

MacReady

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yes, but we HAVE ADAMS.  

20 teams have better #2 receivers.  Say 22 teams have better #2 receivers.

Not all 22 of those teams have better #1 receivers.

We are not hurting for talent compared to the rest of the NFL.

I'm not disagreeing with you. However all of you who complain about Aaron only looking for Adams can't use this logic. He looks that way cause he's a stud and the drop-off to his #2 might be the largest in the NFL save New Orleans.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cannondale said:

The next time we want to run a tackle eligible, we should be good to go. That's a relief.

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's talking about pass catchers. Running game has nothing to do with Rodgers other than it's impact on the PA pass game. When people say "talent around Rodgers" they mean people he's throwing the football to.

Guys, I don't know how to tell you this, but pass protection matters a ton. Probably more than the group of targets. 

Only people looking to prop this dude up would diminish that contribution.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm not disagreeing with you. However all of you who complain about Aaron only looking for Adams can't use this logic. He looks that way cause he's a stud and the drop-off to his #2 might be the largest in the NFL save New Orleans.

No, absolutely not. This isn't freaking middle school. You run the play and throw to the open read. 

You don't get to not throw the ball to am open man because you don't like the dude. That's how you end up with drive killing sacks by the dozen. 

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Guys, I don't know how to tell you this, but pass protection matters a ton. Probably more than the group of targets. 

Only people looking to prop this dude up would diminish that contribution.

Tom Brady has one of the better NFL OLs too (until injuries forced Newhouse into action) and yet he had one of his worst years after all his pass catchers left.

Still need guys to get open consistently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No, absolutely not. This isn't freaking middle school. You run the play and throw to the open read. 

You don't get to not throw the ball to am open man because you don't like the dude. That's how you end up with drive killing sacks by the dozen. 

Be nice if the read got open consistently.

I know you're going to tell me he did and Rodgers sucks so I really don't know why I'm wasting my life's heartbeats on this. 

We disagree.

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Tom Brady has one of the better NFL OLs too (until injuries forced Newhouse into action) and yet he had one of his worst years after all his pass catchers left.

Still need guys to get open consistently.

Tom Brady is also washed up. What's your point?

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Be nice if the read got open consistently.

I know you're going to tell me he did and Rodgers sucks so I really don't know why I'm wasting my life's heartbeats on this. 

We disagree.

No, I'm going to say that nobody cares if he doesn't throw to covered receivers. The issue is when he doesn't throw to open receivers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Point is if protection was the end all be all, there'd be 10 OL and a QB out there. Still need someone to throw the ball to, no matter how nice the protection.

So what you're saying is that both weapons and protection matter, and that discounting one aspect when discussing a QBs supporting cast is intellectually dishonest? 

Perfect, we're in agreement. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

So what you're saying is that both weapons and protection matter, and that discounting one aspect when discussing a QBs supporting cast is intellectually dishonest? 

Perfect, we're in agreement. 

Correct, it's like a circuit. They work together. If one is bad, the circuit is bad. 

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Correct, it's like a circuit. They work together. If one is bad, the circuit is bad. 

Since when? How many teams don't have a unit that is as weak as our WRs? 

If your QB needs elite weapons and elite protection, your QB is pretty ****ty.

Edited by AlexGreen#20

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Every team does, yes. That's why the NFL runs off this concept called "parity." There are no super teams, you play a bad game, you get beat.

Who said anything about elite? With Mac it was an iso offense, so yeah you needed good protection and good receivers. Under LaFleur, we've seen 1 year so who knows. Maybe we can keep the same personnel and be better due to familiarity and repetition? I wouldn't chance it though.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Can we all at least agree that I’ve proven we should NOT get cute with our offensive line?  Re-sign Bulaga, keep Linsley, maybe even keep Taylor.

Lane Taylor is better than probably 10 guards.  

Have agreed on this from the start.  It's the other we've disagree on.  

47 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The beat goes on and will never stop until Rodger's retirement.  The sun rises in the east and sets in the west .. our QB is ***ty.