The Duke's 2020 Mock Draft: 2 Rounds

THE DUKE

27 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

if they sign amari cooper in FA they do. 

Haha well that goes without saying. The more I think about Robby Anderson, the more I want us to sign him. We really gonna roll out DeSean, a rookie, and Greg Ward as starters? Hell no. I think we deff sign a starting WR. I don't think we have a choice honestly.

1st round pick is acceptable although i personally might have traded up for kinlaw if he is falling that close to us. A 1st and 4th or 1st and 3rd might do it for 2 spots or so and im taking Kinlaw way before chassion in the 1st lol.   But with no trades in your draft Chassion is ok i guess others like him alot more than me but it's a believable pick.

The 1st 2nd round pick im a bit confused on as i don't see why we would take a player at CB thats not really that much of a need at all over 2 players who are imo better players at legit massive positions of need in Uche, Davis, or Harrison at OLB, DE, and DT.   With us taking any of those players we upgrade in the front 7 tremendously which is easily our biggest problem on the team.  We are pretty talented in the secondary and they played really good down the stretch when Raheem Morris took over the secondary and DC position.  The top 3 players are pretty much locked in with Trufant who can't go anywhere at all based on his 10 mil dead cap hit and he played great last year like a true #1,   Isiah Oliver, and Kendal Sheffield both young guys who need to get more experience and showed alot that im excited to see grow.  Blidi Wreh was a phenomenal #4 CB that caught all of us off guard how good he still was he fit our system perfectly it seems.   Then you got Jordan MIller and also Demontate Kazee who play CB as well  maybe it's just me but i don't see taking at best a #4 CB is a better outcome or more important than taking a legit starting DE, DT, or OLB.  Starters >>>>>>>>>  Depth players everytime in the 2nd round even more so when the starters are probably the better players although it might be close here but im not a huge fan of Diggs don't hate him but not jumping for joy to target him or any CB for that matter before round 4 at the minnimum.

Hyde is perfectly fine at RB and would fit our team well i'll never be mad about that pick unless Dobbins, Swift, or maybe Taylor are still on the board i have Taylor and Hyde close but i might take Taylor 1st of the 2.  Dobbins is my #1 RB and im for sure taking 1st over any RB and Swift is a close 2nd.

Im not saying we won't take a CB and im not putting it past TD to do it but my god it's gonna be so dang dumb if he does over actual needs with less talented players at those other positions.

20 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Jags better be active in FA if these are the 3 picks.

Need a RG, potentially someone to compete with Cam Rob, interior DL help, and inside LB help badly.

Like my Bengals, they have a lot of holes.  I leaned a little more towards what I saw as value over need.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 1:42 AM, FalconFan13 said:

1st round pick is acceptable although i personally might have traded up for kinlaw if he is falling that close to us. A 1st and 4th or 1st and 3rd might do it for 2 spots or so and im taking Kinlaw way before chassion in the 1st lol.   But with no trades in your draft Chassion is ok i guess others like him alot more than me but it's a believable pick.

The 1st 2nd round pick im a bit confused on as i don't see why we would take a player at CB thats not really that much of a need at all over 2 players who are imo better players at legit massive positions of need in Uche, Davis, or Harrison at OLB, DE, and DT.   With us taking any of those players we upgrade in the front 7 tremendously which is easily our biggest problem on the team.  We are pretty talented in the secondary and they played really good down the stretch when Raheem Morris took over the secondary and DC position.  The top 3 players are pretty much locked in with Trufant who can't go anywhere at all based on his 10 mil dead cap hit and he played great last year like a true #1,   Isiah Oliver, and Kendal Sheffield both young guys who need to get more experience and showed alot that im excited to see grow.  Blidi Wreh was a phenomenal #4 CB that caught all of us off guard how good he still was he fit our system perfectly it seems.   Then you got Jordan MIller and also Demontate Kazee who play CB as well  maybe it's just me but i don't see taking at best a #4 CB is a better outcome or more important than taking a legit starting DE, DT, or OLB.  Starters >>>>>>>>>  Depth players everytime in the 2nd round even more so when the starters are probably the better players although it might be close here but im not a huge fan of Diggs don't hate him but not jumping for joy to target him or any CB for that matter before round 4 at the minnimum.

Hyde is perfectly fine at RB and would fit our team well i'll never be mad about that pick unless Dobbins, Swift, or maybe Taylor are still on the board i have Taylor and Hyde close but i might take Taylor 1st of the 2.  Dobbins is my #1 RB and im for sure taking 1st over any RB and Swift is a close 2nd.

Im not saying we won't take a CB and im not putting it past TD to do it but my god it's gonna be so dang dumb if he does over actual needs with less talented players at those other positions.

I didn't do any trades, but I see the logic with Kinlaw dropping a bit (I think he's a top 10 talent in this draft, but will drop a tad because of fit and positional value of the top 10 picks).

I'm not as high on Uche as most, and I thought about Harrison there.  I'll keep the front 7 needs in mind for my next go around whenever that might be, sounds like the need is a little greater there than I thought.  Part of it is I think Diggs is a fringe 1st round pick and at some point value will win out.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 9:42 PM, BroncoSojia said:

The first round is my worst case scenario for Denver, with all of the top OTs and WRs off the board.

I think that it's the likely scenario.  I could maybe see Jeudy still on the board.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 9:04 PM, badgers0821 said:

I highly doubt Jonah Jackson goes before Biadasz, I highly doubt any other IOL goes before him buy especially Jackson...stop drinking the media Koolaid 

His play plateauing in 2019 combined with injury history has me a little down on him.  I won't be shocked if he goes higher, but I also won't be shocked if he goes quite a bit lower.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 5:44 PM, bananabucket said:

Dream scenario for the Colts

I won't be shocked if someone reaches for Love, but my gut tells me they are rewarded for their patience and Love is there at 34.  Then again, that's all night for the Bengals to take phone calls for pick 33 if that is the case, but I didn't do trades for this mock.  I think taking Love at 13 and bypassing a blue chip player (Jeudy, Kinlaw, Thomas) would be a big mistake.