PRE - FA Mock

Start Ripping Away

Cap Space: 45 Million (Using Over the Cap)

Cut/Release/Not Resigned:

OT Jason Peters

S Rodney McCloud

WR Nelson Agholor

CB Ronald Darby

DE Vinny Curry

QB Josh McCown

LB Kamu Grugier-Hill

OT BIG V

RB Jordan Howard

CB Jalen Mills * Believe they resign him but I don't want them to. 

Cap Space: 42 Million

Re-Sign: 

S Malcolm Jenkins (2 Years / 30 Million) -  15 Mil AVG , Cap hit was 11 Million now 15 Mil - With how much tooling needs to be done in the secondary not having a VET/Leader like Jenkins would be very detrimental to the team. 

DT Tim Jernnigan ( 2 Years / 5 Million )  2 Mil Year 1 w/ a team option for year 2 - a depth piece who when healthy has been a great tandem with Cox and I don't see getting a payday on the open market, This would be a late FA signing 

DT Hassaan Ridgeway (3 Year / 5 Million ) 1.5 mil Year 1 - Was a good depth player.

CB Craig James - Tendered (1 Million)

RB Corey Clement - 2nd Round Tender 2 Million

Cap Space:  31.5 Million

Free Agents: 

S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (4 Year / 36 Million ) Year 1 Hit 7 Million - He actually played very well for CHI and was excellent as that deep zone safety. Comes in and takes over for M-c-S-H-I-T

LB Joe Schobert (5 Year / 66 Million ) Year 1 Hit 10.5 Million - He has been consistent in CLE, LB Consistency is what I am looking at with this signing.

CB Logan Ryan (3 Year / 38 Million) Year 1 Hit 11 Million - He played great last season. I know hes 29 but could help with the leadership in the Cornerback room

Cap Space - 3 Million

Draft: 

***Trade, 1st, 3rd (#85) and 2021 2nd to NYJ for #11

#11 - WR Henry Ruggs BAMA - I feel PHI will do anything they can to move up and get Ruggs, They package 2 picks this year and a pick next year to go get the playmaker they need for Wentz

***Trade a 2nd and 4th (#143) to IND for #44

#44 - WR K.J. Hamler PSU - I know this pick is highly unrealistic as I don't see them going back to back picks at WR. However I feel this would fully Complete the WR core. Hamler perfect Slot WR who can also play outside Him and Ruggs could interchange whose slot and whose out wide, IMO a Matchup Nightmare Hamler and Ruggs on outside W/ Ertz and Goedert on the inside. 

#97 - LB Shaquille Quarterman MIA - A Nice LB addition that I feel can play all 3 positions and would be a great addition due to being able to playing zone

#127 - RB A.J. Dillon BC - I think A.J. could be a great compliment to Sanders. 

#167 - LB Michael Divinity Jr LSU - Depth LB who can play special teams if needed

***Trade #169 and Alshon Jefferey to BUF for #204

#190 -  OG Steven Gonzalez PSU - A Depth OL who can Play Both Guard spots and C

#204 - QB Anthony Gordon WASHST - Dev QB

I didn’t hate it until the 2nd round of the draft on.

Hamler after trading all that to get Ruggs is confusing and the rest of those picks are just not good beside Dillion who probably will be long gone by then 

Also Clement isn’t worth 2 million 

Edited by EaglesPeteC

I don’t want to come across as too negative, because I think you’ve done a pretty good job up until the draft — I’d rather have Jordan Howard than Clement, though, depending on his shoulder recovery.  I’m also skeptical the Eagles spend $13M AAV on a LB.

I feel like your trade up to #11 should only be done to get Jerry Jeudy.  I’d be pretty unhappy if the Eagles spent a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick to get Henry Ruggs.  He’s straight-line fast and fills a big need, but there are better all-around WR.  I don’t see much elusiveness to his game.

Hamler would be a nice gadget but I don’t think he’s big or versatile enough for how you want to use him.  If he’s somehow there with the Eagles 3rd round pick I’d take him, but he will be gone in the 2nd to somebody.

Van Jefferson and Devin Duvernay should be available in the 4th round — Duvernay would fill the need for pure speed.

Edited by TDTimes

18 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I didn’t hate it until the 2nd round of the draft on.

Hamler after trading all that to get Ruggs is confusing and the rest of those picks are just not good beside Dillion who probably will be long gone by then 

Also Clement isn’t worth 2 million 

Hamler and Ruggs are 2 total different WR imo. Hamler would be a dominant slot guy who can also play outside and Ruggs will be a dominant playmaker anywhere on the field. Pairing them will give us a chiefs type of WR speed core for WRs which we need. 

18 hours ago, TDTimes said:

I don’t want to come across as too negative, because I think you’ve done a pretty good job up until the draft — I’d rather have Jordan Howard than Clement, though, depending on his shoulder recovery.  I’m also skeptical the Eagles spend $13M AAV on a LB.

I feel like your trade up to #11 should only be done to get Jerry Jeudy.  I’d be pretty unhappy if the Eagles spent a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick to get Henry Ruggs.  He’s straight-line fast and fills a big need, but there are better all-around WR.  I don’t see much elusiveness to his game.

Hamler would be a nice gadget but I don’t think he’s big or versatile enough for how you want to use him.  If he’s somehow there with the Eagles 3rd round pick I’d take him, but he will be gone in the 2nd to somebody.

Van Jefferson and Devin Duvernay should be available in the 4th round — Duvernay would fill the need for pure speed.

Howard will be too expensive to keep. Prolly easily 6 million

I have the LB deal as a team friendly deal w/ team options. We need a consistent reliable LB

Sorry, But i hate Juedy. Hes not the type of WR i want in PHI with what we currently have

Hamler is a 1st round WR who we can get in the 2nd its a steal

No to both WRs, Hate all players coming from Floridas program all are overhyped. And duvernay is too one dimensional for my liking.

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Quarterman will be a stud, Divinity is a depth pick

Quarterman is like a early 2000s wet dream MLB.

Only place that really lives anymore is in some 3-4s. He’s not really good enough or athletic enough to be a LB we’d covet. But he’s Certainly not a top 100 pick.

4 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I have the LB deal as a team friendly deal w/ team options. We need a consistent reliable LB

Sorry, But i hate Juedy. Hes not the type of WR i want in PHI with what we currently have

No to both WRs, Hate all players coming from Floridas program all are overhyped. And duvernay is too one dimensional for my liking.

No, Hamler is a 2nd round WR that you can get in the 2nd.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

What do we currently have at WR?  By all accounts Jeffery is on his way out, Jackson is 33 and coming off a lost season, Agholor is garbage on the curb that someone else will hopefully pick up, and JJAW hasn’t earned a starting roster spot.  As far as the future holds, we’re starting from scratch at WR.

You see a lot more dimensions to Ruggs and Hamler than I do.  IMO you’re overvaluing both a great deal, but you’re entitled to your opinion; Ruggs is very highly regarded.

6 minutes ago, TDTimes said:

What do we currently have at WR?  By all accounts Jeffery is on his way out, Jackson is 33 and coming off a lost season, Agholor is garbage on the curb that someone else will hopefully pick up, and JJAW hasn’t earned a starting roster spot.  As far as the future holds, we’re starting from scratch at WR.

You see a lot more dimensions to Ruggs and Hamler than I do.  IMO you’re overvaluing both a great deal, but you’re entitled to your opinion; Ruggs is very highly regarded.

you put some respect on greg wards name sir

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

you put some respect on greg wards name sir

The Eagles would likely have missed the playoffs without him, but he shouldn’t be guaranteed anything more than a chance to compete in camp.

He was a practice squad guy who outplayed Agholor — sobering 

3 minutes ago, TDTimes said:

The Eagles would likely have missed the playoffs without him, but he shouldn’t be guaranteed anything more than a chance to compete in camp.

He was a practice squad guy who outplayed Agholor — sobering 

I think he deserves 1 or 5 next year.