(Polls) Rank/Choose the Top Tackles & Joe Thomas Says Wirfs is a Guard

Mind Character

Rank the Tackles  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Your 2020 OT1 NFL Draft Prospect?

• Mekhi Becton, OT Louisville
    • Andrew Thomas, OT Georgia
    • Jedrick Wills Jr., OT Alabama
    • Tristan Wirfs, OT/OG Iowa
    • Josh Jones, OT Houston
    • Austin Jackson, OT USC
  2. 2. Is there a Clear Best, Head and Shoulders Above the Rest Tackle Prospect in the Draft?

3. 3. How Many Tackles Go Off the Board BEFORE the Browns Select?

• 0 - None; We'll be Selecting the 1st Tackle Taken in the NFL Draft

6 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

And Wills looks to take some plays off, which gives me the "lazy" vibe.  Don't know if that is truly the case, (that he is lazy) but it scares me.

Where have you seen this? For a dude who graded out as high as he did, I’m not sure your source is all that credible  

Jedrick Wills coaches‘ told scouts that he only missed 7 assignments on 769 total snaps (99% success rate) in 2019 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I agree, but hta if we do not like the value at 10? Id rather a potential all pro guard at 10 and a decent tackle in the 2n round than a good tackle at 10 or trade down. 

Well getting a stud defensive player would have  bigger impact than a RG. 

rather walk out with a defensive stud with our 1st pick and a LT with our 2nd pick 

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well getting a stud defensive player would have  bigger impact than a RG. 

rather walk out with a defensive stud with our 1st pick and a LT with our 2nd pick 

Im very anxious to see our line not only fixed but pointed toward excellence. For my mind Baker is a qb who will thrive with a line rather than weapons.

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Im very anxious to see our line not only fixed but pointed toward excellence. For my mind Baker is a qb who will thrive with a line rather than weapons.

BIggest thing needed to fix on the OL was tackles and scheme. Conklin is a huge upgrade at RT and the tackle we draft should be a lot better pass blocker than what Robinson was. 

Believe me, I love the idea of a dominate OL but the browns need defensive help. They are not going to win every game 42-35 or 35-28. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, buno67 said:

BIggest thing needed to fix on the OL was tackles and scheme. Conklin is a huge upgrade at RT and the tackle we draft should be a lot better pass blocker than what Robinson was. 

Believe me, I love the idea of a dominate OL but the browns need defensive help. They are not going to win every game 42-35 or 35-28. 

Ultimately we probably have a solid RG on the team, Teller improving or Forbes stepping up. 

I agree that Lt is as good as vacant at the moment, Lamm is ok, but cant stay healthy, the next option on the roster is I guess Forbes, he played there in college. It is almost written in stone that our 1st pick is a LT. 

Some teams have done ok recently selecting a Lt in the back half of the 1st or in the early 2nd , a part from us, we dont need an all pro LT we just need a very good offensive line, which is 5 good players, I have watched some games from 2012, where we had Thomas, Mack, Schwartz and sill a bad line because our guard play suuucked. 

Our defense is interesting in that it at least has some strengths, Myles, Vernon, Richardson, Greedy and Denzel. We can at the very least afect he pass, especially if our safety play is good enough. The run is a different story however. 

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Lol.

Definitely not triggered in the sense of that pasty liberal.

More triggered in that other other way ...

8NzHNbQ.png

Delphin at Safety.... Wirfs at Tackle... FF Browns forum mass celebration....

The Great Amnesia-ing or whatever that was shall soon commence...

Prepare thineselves...

You’re like a wordy Gary Busey.  Tell your doc to double your dosage.

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’re like a wordy Gary Busey.  Tell your doc to double your dosage.

Projection is real. I hope you can get the vital meds you need.

Here's a live look at my Neighborhood Doctor perfecting a new designer medication for many ills. My neighbor Mekhi Becton speaks of its powers and efficacy..

cd076ab48b896596529832269ff8c96594ea6f54

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

have watched some games from 2012, where we had Thomas, Mack, Schwartz and sill a bad line because our guard play suuucked. 

I look at it his way. Prolly our most recent success is‘14.  we were operating with Shanny scheme with Thomas/Rookie Bit/Mack/Greco/Schwartz. 

Schwartz didn’t have s good season. He had very good rookie year and 4th year and struggled 2nd and 3rd year. We also lost Mack after 5 games. Guards never truly struggled in that zone scheme. Offense dropped off once Mack got hurt tho. Hoyer wasn’t that good, RBs were avg, and we had avg talent at WR

now with Stef, we are bring that similar scheme back. Being lead by a better OL coach. Callahan is a better OL coach than Andy Mueller. Now if you try and compare ‘14 with the offense for this upcoming season browns have vastly more talent at QB, RB, WR, and TE.

again in a gap scheme, yeah bad guards can kill you because you literally need to run to a certain designated gap and that guard needs to remove that Defensive lineman from the area. So if you are running B gap and that guard can’t combo block with that tackle or can’t down block that DT, it’s going to ruin the success rate of that play. Now you get to the Zone scheme, it’s not about running to a certain hole, it’s about just creating crease and running lanes in a designated zone/area. you hope the RB makes the right read to either 1. Run downhill, 2. Bounce it to the outside or 3. Cut it back depending on what he sees developing front of him. You can see it in Cooks highlights from last year he does all 3 of those things in their zones. So a guard really in the zone Scheme just needs to be engaged with his defender and not allow him the ability to get free. Tackle just get important because they have to control edge so RBs have full range to make their reads. You get a tackle who can’t seal the edge. Automatic forces the RB to stay inside when he potentially should be going outside. Also if the tackle can’t seal or reach that DE on a consistent bases that can ruin any roll out schemes off of that run action. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

Where have you seen this? For a dude who graded out as high as he did, I’m not sure your source is all that credible  

Jedrick Wills coaches‘ told scouts that he only missed 7 assignments on 769 total snaps (99% success rate) in

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/3/6/21162231/nfl-draft-2020-jedrick-wills-jr-alabama-offensive-tackle-guard-film-highlights

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/alabama-jedrick-wills-scouting-report-2020-nfl-draft/

https://lastwordonprofootball.com/2020/03/05/jedrick-wills-2020-nfl-draft-profile/

Just a couple that I found.....I see words like "sluggish" "not forced to give 110%"....and it took me to some of the plays in the Michigan game, where I thought he looked "lazy"  I definitely could be wrong, and he has a nastiness about him that I like, but I prefer Wirfs and Thomas.  And for all those that believe Wirfs is exclusively a Guard, I have seen that spoken about Wills as well.

Edited by big poppa pump
Enter Mind to discredit the sources, and speak highly of his credible sources that he trusts