Some Indepth Titans Statistics

TitanLegend

Figured you guys would be interested in this. If there's enough interest I can do it each week. This is a bit of a mix from the first two weeks.

73% of Mariota's passing yards on Sunday came through the air(meaning only 17% came from YAC).

He had 4 throwaways and 1 drop, meaning he was truly accurate on 16 of 23 rather than 15 of 27.

Derrick Henry averaged 4.6 yards after contact per attempt on Sunday, which was by far the best in the league. 2nd place was Hyde with just 3.4 ypa.

He also forced 3 missed tackles, tied for 7th best on Sunday.

While Murray's running has struggled this season, his pass blocking has not. He had the 6th best pass blocking efficiency among RBs Sunday, and is 4th in the NFL through the first two weeks.

Delanie Walker has been targeted 13 times this season, and has caught the ball on 11 of those. He hasn't dropped a pass yet and is PFF's #1 rated TE through the first two weeks, and is the only TE with an elite grade.

Josh Kline has played 73 pass blocking snaps so far this season and has yet to allow a single pressure. Spain and Lewan tie for 2nd best on the team with just 2 allowed.

Jurrell Casey is sitting at a 12.9 run stop percentage right now, 3rd best in the NFL among 3-4 defensive ends.

Avery Williamson is also continuing his stellar play against the run, currently 6th in the NFL in run stop percentage at 11.9 after finishing last year first in the league with a run stop percentage of 12.3.

Ryan has only been targeted 5 times this season, which is tied for 4th least in the NFL(among qualifying CBs).

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

I've noticed Ryan has been basically invisible, which is amazing for CBs. So far a very good looking signing.

Anyone have any insight on how Sims played? I didn't see him much Sunday.

PFF doesn't have his stats posted cause he doesn't fit the number of snaps played requirement, but I only recall 2 targets vs him Sunday, one was caught(and he knocked the ball out of the receivers hands, which resulted in a fumble that went backwards like 3-4 yards) and the other was incomplete. But that's just what I can recall off the top of my head.

Yeah, I really only noticed Sims when he was doing pretty good things. Adoree did a nice job of keeping almost everything in front of him as well.

Delanie legit looks better than he ever has. Same Delanie Walker, just a little quicker, which is pretty crazy. I still don't expect him to put up huge numbers as Marcus develops chemistry with Davis and Decker, but he's such a massive weapon, especially when we start being able to spread it out and can attempt to get him matched up with linebackers.

41 minutes ago, Ockham said:

Taywan Taylor with his route down the sideline Sunday, hit the highest speed of any player  in the league so far this year.

Figured it was worth just throwing the tweet out there.

First off, this surprises me. I always thought he was quicker than fast. Not that he wasn't fast, just didn't know he had that speed.

Secondly, that list really makes me appreciate just how ridiculous prime CJ was. There's a Sports Science that shows him hitting 23.8 in a game. I can't find video of it, but when we played the Lions on Thanksgiving in 2008, I'm almost positive he topped 25.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Off topic...I loved this game. it was so beautiful. 

This game (watching it surrounded by my family that is entirely Packers fans after years of suffering) and the Steelers game in 08 are two of my favorite Titans memories. Just total domination. Rookie CJ and that defense were just all kinds of special.

On 9/19/2017 at 5:34 AM, TitanSS said:

I've noticed Ryan has been basically invisible, which is amazing for CBs. So far a very good looking signing.

Anyone have any insight on how Sims played? I didn't see him much Sunday.

For what it's worth, Ryan's lack of targets should be pretty highly impacted by the fact that both Raiders and the Jaguars were going after Adoree. I still like the signing regardless, always liked Ryan more than the average football fan, even though part of me still wishes we could've gotten Bouye. Just pointing that out.

Archived