Kenny Atkinson out as HC of Nets

sdrawkcab321

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

kyrie is the controller of the universe apparently 

Like it’s gotta be the only way right? Even though he has an NBA title it’s just never gonna work out for him in the NBA is it? I’m not certain he’s ever gonna realize it’s him either. 

I was shocked when I heard this but thinking about it more, Kenny was like Fisher for the Rams. Fisher came to the Rams to turn what was basically an expansion team to a team that had a talented roster with potential. The Rams then went with McVay to help put them over the top which is two divisional titles and a Superbowl appearance so far. Kenny help take the Nets team that was a bad culture with bad contracts to now a stable culture with great talent led by two superstars. Now Im not saying Kenny is a terrible coach like Fisher was with the Rams because I think Kenny is a well more than capable coach and we will never know how he wouldve done coaching KD and Kyrie but it will be interesting to see how the next coach of the Nets will be. Off the top Im thinking David Fizdale. He is a well respected coach who was ruined by the Knicks due to lack of talent and the terrible owner. I can see KD and Kyrie easily working with Fizdale and the rest of the team following along to create one of the best teams in the NBA moving forward. 

53 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Why does there have to a suspect in first place? 

and it’s real lazy to point to him as a reason for him being fired. Easy target. 

That all may be true, but it's just hard to imagine any coach who had success who is in the middle of a playoff Chase and in the playoffs walking away unless there were others there to push him out , and I certainly don't think the others were coming from management.

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

That all may be true, but it's just hard to imagine any coach who had success who is in the middle of a playoff Chase and in the playoffs walking away unless there were others there to push him out , and I certainly don't think the others were coming from management.

So if we can’t explain it, we gotta question Kyrie? Kyrie is out for season, so his influence on the team right now is little. And for this team, it doesn’t matter whether they make the playoffs or not. It has no bearing, which is why Atkinson was let go. This season is a wash. 

Edited by Kip Smithers

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Are people actually being serious putting this on Kyrie?

For months we were hearing about the stunning cultural transformation of the Nets franchise, led by Kenny Atkinson. 8 months, Kyrie and KD later, he's gone. They have to be at least part of the reason.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

For months we were hearing about the stunning cultural transformation of the Nets franchise, led by Kenny Atkinson. 8 months, Kyrie and KD later, he's gone. They have to be at least part of the reason.

So two guys who (where one hasn’t even played a single minute) lobbied for the coach to get fired? You guys have nothing to go off. It just helps to  feed into pre-conceived notions on those two. 

If any of this was true then we would’ve at least heard rumblings of something goin on in these months leading up to this 

18 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

So if we can’t explain it, we gotta question Kyrie? Kyrie is out for season, so his influence on the team right now is little. And for this team, it doesn’t matter whether they make the playoffs or not. It has no bearing, which is why Atkinson was let go. This season is a wash. 

Kyrie's history at the very least should make "questioning" him as reasonable. Is there proof, no. But my gut tells me otherwise..

I don't know if Kyrie or KD lobbied for Atkinson to get fired, but I do know that if they actually wanted him there, he would still be there. No questions asked.... and if I'm wrong on that, and Nets brass is making these decisions without seeking the opinion of their 2 superstars, then they are an even bigger mess than we thought.

• Like 1

Irving soured on Atkinson early, league sources told Yahoo Sports, and currently prefers Clippers assistant Tyronn Lue to be the team’s next head coach. Lue was the head coach in Cleveland when Irving hit the winning shot in the 2016 NBA Finals and was in talks to take the Lakers job before discussions broke down.

• Like 1