Kenny Atkinson out as HC of Nets

sdrawkcab321

"Everyone can say, 'if I was in his position I would have said this, I would have done this' and they have no idea. They've never been at this level, so how could you even comment on it?" - Kyrie Irving

Well I guess he should never comment on the way his food is cooked, or how his service was, or how his car was detailed, or how the doctor treated him, or how his hair was cut, or how a game is programmed.

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

That’s not what he said but whatever. He said what he have right now isn’t enough to win a championship. But of course you guys would interpret it that way 

Honest question: what do you think his point was if not to trade the rest of the roster for that piece they were supposedly missing?

His point was simply we need more. Simple as that. No need to go into much detail. He could just easily be saying in the off season we need some additions and what he have is not good enough to win a championship. It aint hard. It doesn’t necessarily mean we must trade the rest of the roster for two pieces because outside who he just named besides Harris and Jarrett Allen. What tradeable assets do we have? 

Edited by Kip Smithers

9 hours ago, dtait93 said:

"Everyone can say, 'if I was in his position I would have said this, I would have done this' and they have no idea. They've never been at this level, so how could you even comment on it?" - Kyrie Irving

Well I guess he should never comment on the way his food is cooked, or how his service was, or how his car was detailed, or how the doctor treated him, or how his hair was cut, or how a game is programmed.

Lol wow.

5 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

His point was simply we need more. Simple as that. No need to go into much detail. He could just easily be saying in the off season we need some additions and what he have is not good enough to win a championship. It aint hard. It doesn’t necessarily mean we must trade the rest of the roster for two pieces because outside who he just named besides Harris and Jarrett Allen. What tradeable assets do we have? 

How do you think they'd get those players this summer? Either he's saying to make trades to help the players he listed or he's admitting he has no idea how the salary cap works.

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

How do you think they'd get those players this summer? Either he's saying to make trades to help the players he listed or he's admitting he has no idea how the salary cap works.

Fine but it works both ways. If he was insinuating that the rest of the team needs to be traded then he must be delusional about what we’d get in return for those disposable pieces he did not mention, right? 

7 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Fine but it works both ways. If he was insinuating that the rest of the team needs to be traded then he must be delusional about what we’d get in return for those disposable pieces he did not mention, right? 

Absolutely. It's pretty common knowledge that he's a woke delusionist.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2020 at 4:28 PM, stl4life07 said:

I was shocked when I heard this but thinking about it more, Kenny was like Fisher for the Rams. Fisher came to the Rams to turn what was basically an expansion team to a team that had a talented roster with potential. The Rams then went with McVay to help put them over the top which is two divisional titles and a Superbowl appearance so far. Kenny help take the Nets team that was a bad culture with bad contracts to now a stable culture with great talent led by two superstars. Now Im not saying Kenny is a terrible coach like Fisher was with the Rams because I think Kenny is a well more than capable coach and we will never know how he wouldve done coaching KD and Kyrie but it will be interesting to see how the next coach of the Nets will be. Off the top Im thinking David Fizdale. He is a well respected coach who was ruined by the Knicks due to lack of talent and the terrible owner. I can see KD and Kyrie easily working with Fizdale and the rest of the team following along to create one of the best teams in the NBA moving forward. 

The problem with this entire assessment is that the Nets were a dumpster fire before KA got there and have been outperforming their talent for the past three seasons with him leading the ship. He got fired cause he benched Jordan. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. Honestly I hope Fizdale goes to the Nets, he would definitely continue to start Jordan over Allen for the good of the teams mental state lol. Fizdale is a good assistant coach, but a lot of Knicks fans' thought he was just another yes guy. 

Edited by YogiBiz