Rams pre draft visits

NVRamsFan

On 3/7/2020 at 11:24 PM, jrry32 said:

Jefferson fits the team well. 

So do basically all the linebackers (EDGE and ILB) we've talked to.  ADG needs time to bulk up but he has the frame for it and he ticks every box I've known a Fangio-styled ILB to have.  He's up 5 pounds from his listed college play-weight, and probably is never going to be a guy to tip the scales much over the low 240's, but playing at 236 hasn't stopped Fred Warner from being one hell of a LB in a very similar scheme, with a similar skill-set.

Uche and Annae are just plain solid fits as do-everything OLB's with quality ceilings as edge-rushers who are getting kind of lost in the hype-shuffle.  Brown is similar to ADG, he need sto get stronger and more filled out, but he's got great range and athleticism.  He's not the "ultra-sound tackler" that Staley noted as being a trait they're after in his presser, but he's coming out of Linebacker U North, so his technique is a good be to be there, he just hasn't gotten the sand in his shorts yet; either way, he's Day 3 fodder as far as investment goes - might even be someone they're looking at as an EDGE guy versus ILB guy.  Ford is any interesting one.  He was good enough to initially be recruited by Rutgers, who bailed on him before he even got to suit up for them because of a sexual assault charge that ended up going nowhere, but got his transfer offer to ECU (from a JC) rescinded too.  He's got some good strength to his game and averaged just very shy of 1 TFL/gm last year and averaged a sack every 1.28 games.

Take it for what it's worth, but Fehoko is Matt Miller's (I know... I know...) 8th-ranked IDL.  The only guy I really don't see as a fit is Coleman.  I need to watch more of Defense (though he already wins points for surname), but what I can recall from what limited Kansas tape I've seen is he's more technician than anything else with good size, but that shouldn't really surprise coming out of the same program that produced Aqib Talib and Chris Harris Jr.

• Like 3

On 3/8/2020 at 1:24 AM, jrry32 said:

Jefferson fits the team well. 

Big fan of Van, maybe he slips a bit now after climbing previously in the Draft season. 

Also really like Hawkins. But for some reason I just can’t get into Ruiz no matter how much I watch. Not like he’s bad, just doesn’t do it for me

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Grain of salt to take, I am an Oregon fan, but this dude can't block to save his life.  Like I'm not sure I can remember a TE who fell off blocks or just straight up got bullied as an in-line blocker more than Togiai.  Like his level of understanding of even how to block doesn't even look like it exists.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Do the rams draft players they meet? 

Historically they draft players they met at the Senior Bowl or Shrine game. This year they didn't send much to those games though aside from scouts and position coaches. McVay and the coordinators were still in LA. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...