Pro Day Results

Ozzy

4 hours ago, Danger said:

What is the "Adjusted" time vs the other time?

Might be adjusting for tailwind or cheating on his start

Apparently he was DQ'd on his 3-cone. He's basically a smaller with less yac and hops Gandy-Golden.

Maybe he just needed more rest.

Edited by Jeezla

54 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Might be adjusting for tailwind or cheating on his start

Apparently he was DQ'd on his 3-cone. He's basically a smaller with less yac and hops Gandy-Golden.

Maybe he just needed more rest.

IDK man. He strikes me as the guy that people are gonna sour on because of his workouts but then still turn out to be a good player and someone is gonna get a steal. Orlando Brown style.

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

That is very impressive but his stats the past two years at a very small school are pretty bad.  Curious why his production was so lacking if he is that big and that fast.

Quintez Cephus improved his 40 time to 4.56 from 4.73, which is closer to how he plays using that deep downfield speed to make big time plays.

Chris Orr is the one to talk about though, had a 4.65 40 yard dash which would tie him with Zack Baun and would have ranked him 13th at the combine.  He had a solid 4.08 20 shuttle which would have been tops for any LB at the combine, 6.99 cone which would have been 5th at the combine and 36.5" vertical which would have ranked eight at the combine. Also 20 reps at 225 for the bench which would be tied for 12th at the combine.  Being  6-0 224 is a little issue but with his speed and being in a 3/4 I do not think that size would be a problem at all. 

He was one of the biggest snubs of the combine I thought, kid can play and athletically he is legit and these numbers help show that.  I would be shocked if he was not drafted and he absolutely should have been at the combine with the season he had.  

Tanner Muse ran a 4.38 and 4.4 40 which is great and AJ Terrell ran a 4.37 and 4.41 so both proved legit speed at their positions and sub 4.4 40s are always very solid and impressive.  

That's much better on Cephus. He didn't play like a 4.7 player.

12 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

That seems strange. I feel like the pro days are definitely small enough to still get everything in without issue.

A big part of it is optics. If one of the kids gets sick, it reflects really poorly on the school.

• Like 1

It is a lot of dudes with no solid athletic testing done recently outside of a bench if that.

Chase Young
Javon Kinlaw
KLavon Chaisson
Grant Delpit
Curtis Weaver
Josh Uche
JK Dobbins
Lynn Bowden
Trevon Diggs
Troy Dye
Bryan Edwards
KJ Hamler
Lucas Niang
Thaddeus Moss
Tyler Biadasz
Prince Tega Wanogho
Trystan Colon-Castillo
Julian Okwara
Bryce Hall
Khalid Kareem
Ben Bredeson
Jacob Breeland
Lavert Hill
Robert Hunt
Solomon Kindley
Amik Robertson
Anfernee Jennings
Collin Johnson
Darrell Taylor
Tyler Johnson
Lawrence Cager
Ashtyn Davis
Van Jefferson
Mike Onwenu
Netane Muti
Sean McKeon
Kamal Marin
Jordan Mack
Terrell Lewis
Michael Pinckney
Akeem Gaither-Davis
Shyheim Carter
Markus Bailey
Ben Bartch
Trevis Gipson
Julian Blackmon
Mike Warren
Brandon Jones
Darrell Stewart

Joe Burrow and Tua is it clearly less important to run and do the bench, but still would be nice to see the dudes throw I am sure.  

Sure a Pro day is not everything but for guys who did not workout at the combine it does matter and if they cannot help prove some of that athletic ability they showed on the field that could be an issue.  One wants to see what they did on the field match with how they test athletically and vice versa.  

To say this does not help Herbert's stock at the Pro day, yeah it does.  Clearly there are more important things going on in the world though so it all will take a big back seat for obvious reasons.  

Makes no sense why Higgins did anything. Chase Young and Tee Higgins were the two highly rated guys whose high school SPARQ results screamed that they didn't compare favorably to elite peers in the high profile combine tests. Young was wise enough to do nothing and shut up about it. Higgins is not slotted second in the draft so for some inane reason he felt he had to come up with the "resting" idiocy, and then compounded that blunder by actually submitting himself to categories that were almost certain to drop his stock.

I think other numerically-challenged players will use examples like this to stand on their playing laurels. Sharp agents should be insisting on that already.