Do the Giants Make the Playoffs?

footbull3196

Why are you even reading this section  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Giants make the playoffs this year?

• Yes, as a division winner
    • Yes, as a wild card
    • No, they will finish with 8 or 9 wins and miss
    • No, they will finish below .500 and miss

Probably a bit of an overreaction thread.  That being said, giants were my super bowl pick before the season so I'm really frustrated with this slow start for them.  I was willing to admit their o line was a question mark and their running game was absolutely terrible coming into this season, but I assumed last week was due to Odell being inactive and the cowboys ground attack eating the clock.  Losing to Detroit at home is much more concerning 

Also doesn't help that the guy who was supposed to be a legitimate difference maker, Brandon Marshall, has been terrible so far, and if it hasn't become clear by now that ereck flowers is an uncoordinated bust, it never will be.  I had giants at 12-4 but now I'm questioning if 8-8 is more reasonable here 

5 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Probably not. 0-2 teams rarely make the cut. I didn't see tonight's game, but the notion going around is that Eli has been done ever since last season. If OBJ isn't bailing him out and the defense isn't playing lights out he won't be able to drag the squad anymore.

He was definitely showing decline in December. The offense was averaging 16 points per game and he had 6 touchdowns and 6 picks. 

2 minutes ago, Marc MacGyver said:

Unlikely... But they'll probably hit form later in the season, push for a WC spot, & then slump again, ultimately falling short.  

Please no. I'd rather them go 0-16. 

The offense is broken. The defense held Dallas and the Lions to under 20 offensive points. They are still good. The offense isn't something that is just gonna turn around though. Need major changes, some that can't be addressed in season. No, we definitely aren't a playoff team. If we somehow do make the playoffs, it is because the rest of the division sucks. 

Archived