Do the Giants Make the Playoffs?

footbull3196

Why are you even reading this section  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Giants make the playoffs this year?

• Yes, as a division winner
    • Yes, as a wild card
    • No, they will finish with 8 or 9 wins and miss
    • No, they will finish below .500 and miss

I said it before and I will say it again.  No team with as bad of an OL as the Giants can be competitive.  last year they made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth and because they had perhaps the best D in football.  This year there is plenty of film on their D, so teams will adjust their offense to at least compete.  But when teams can get to Eli with just a 4 man rush (the Lions yesterday sacked him 5 times with just that) you can't win in this league.  No way no how.  The Eagles got my skins week one with a very solid pass rush and we have a decent OL.  Against the Giants OL they will have a field day.  I would not be surprised if Eli goes down more than 5 times with the Eagles rushing 4 

1 hour ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

I said it before and I will say it again.  No team with as bad of an OL as the Giants can be competitive.  last year they made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth and because they had perhaps the best D in football.  This year there is plenty of film on their D, so teams will adjust their offense to at least compete.  But when teams can get to Eli with just a 4 man rush (the Lions yesterday sacked him 5 times with just that) you can't win in this league.  No way no how.  The Eagles got my skins week one with a very solid pass rush and we have a decent OL.  Against the Giants OL they will have a field day.  I would not be surprised if Eli goes down more than 5 times with the Eagles rushing 4 

Eli isn't helping either. Seems unsure of when to release.

No. Eli has no faith in his line, isn't skilled enough to execute a quick pass dissection style offense, Odell doesn't have time to run his routes and is prone to mental lapses and Marshall and the rest of the offensive cast isn't what it needs to be with the weaknesses that exist. 

I had thought coming into this season they could build off the strong pass defense they had by potentially adding to the defensive front and ... yeah I thought maybe Marshall would be able to get defenses looking out for him too to have more 1-on-1's thrown to OBJ's side, but so far it doesn't seem to be happening.  It almost seems to be a "too many stars in the kitchen" kind of thing sorta like when the Bengals brought in Terell Owens that 2010 season in hopes he would cause attention to be taken off Ochocinco, enough so that that guy had said that Bengals team was going to be Superbowl bound.

I'm starting to think Eli Manning's had the mileage pile up on him enough so now that his best days are behind him and he's probably going to have to call it quits soon just like Carson Palmer.  MacAdoo too may not be tenured in NY too much longer if he doesn't get that offense going because that's why he was hired at his job.

The sad thing is.... the truly sad thing is, all of this could have been avoided if they had just had acquired a decent left tackle.  It would have allowed them to shuffle around their offensive linemen in such a way that would have vastly improved 3/5ths of their line. 

If they had a left tackle, Ereck Flowers would be able to move to right tackle where he is better suited, thus upgrading the right tackle position. If they had Ereck Flowers at RT, they would have been able to move Bobby Hart to right guard, where he is better suited than John Jerry or D.J. Fluker. Also, if they had acquired a left tackle, maybe they wouldn't have had to waste 3 million dollars on D.J. Fluker. If they had a decent LT, Flowers at RT and Hart at RG, Eli would still have a dead arm, but the Giants would likely be able to run the ball more effectively and protect him for longer, at least allowing the rest of the Giants offense to cover up Eli's deficiencies.  But no, they drafted Ereck Flowers #9 and by god, he's going to play left tackle for the New York Football Giants.   9_9

No more like 3-13 to be honest Eli looks done,no run game what so ever, OLine is beyond trash , The B Marshall Trade looks like it`s gonna be a bust and even the defense is starting to slip. Wouldn`t be surprised if we start 0- 6 or 1-5 like we did in 2013. Days of winning are all but over and it`s gonna be a while and years  before we ever a SB caliber team.

Archived