Do the Giants Make the Playoffs?

footbull3196

Why are you even reading this section  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Giants make the playoffs this year?

• Yes, as a division winner
    • Yes, as a wild card
    • No, they will finish with 8 or 9 wins and miss
    • No, they will finish below .500 and miss

14 hours ago, biletnikoff said:

Giants lost their first 2 in 2007 to GB and Dallas.

then beat Pats in SB.

Dallas is a hot mess.

Eagles and Redskins are just the little brothers who hope to do well as of lately.

its only week 2 to 3. cool your assumptions.

What does that have to do with anything? The Giants are one of the worst teams in the league.

18 hours ago, everlong said:

What does that have to do with anything? The Giants are one of the worst teams in the league.

Don't you think in 2007 after losing the first two weeks 45-35 and 35-13 the sentiment was similar?

Look I don't know if they make the playoffs... history says probably not. But one of the worst teams in the league? Come on now...we're talking about a team that was 11-5 last year with an offense that was 25th in yards and 26th in points scored. The defense alone makes them a contender...

Dumb post...

1 hour ago, Shockey1979 said:

Don't you think in 2007 after losing the first two weeks 45-35 and 35-13 the sentiment was similar?

Look I don't know if they make the playoffs... history says probably not. But one of the worst teams in the league? Come on now...we're talking about a team that was 11-5 last year with an offense that was 25th in yards and 26th in points scored. The defense alone makes them a contender...

Dumb post...

That was 10 years ago and it has zero bearing on future outcomes. Eli also had decent receivers in Toomer and Smith to complement Plaxico. BMarsh is washed up and Shepard has been a disappointment.

Being 11-5 last season means just that: they were 11-5 LAST SEASON. Yes, they have a great defense but most of these defense-dependent teams aren't going to do what the 2015 Broncos do.

2 hours ago, everlong said:

That was 10 years ago and it has zero bearing on future outcomes. Eli also had decent receivers in Toomer and Smith to complement Plaxico. BMarsh is washed up and Shepard has been a disappointment.

Being 11-5 last season means just that: they were 11-5 LAST SEASON. Yes, they have a great defense but most of these defense-dependent teams aren't going to do what the 2015 Broncos do.

Point being if you went back in time to week 3 of 2007 and asked about the Giants what do you think the response would have been?

Yes 11-5 last season with very little turnover to this season. Same coaching staff and schemes in place. The offense stunk last year and it's stunk so far this year. Yet they still went 11-5. Maybe this team finishes 6-10. Still a far cry from "one of worst teams in the league" 9_9

See that face BB is making in your avy? That's me reading your posts...

1 hour ago, Shockey1979 said:

Point being if you went back in time to week 3 of 2007 and asked about the Giants what do you think the response would have been?

Yes 11-5 last season with very little turnover to this season. Same coaching staff and schemes in place. The offense stunk last year and it's stunk so far this year. Yet they still went 11-5. Maybe this team finishes 6-10. Still a far cry from "one of worst teams in the league" 9_9

See that face BB is making in your avy? That's me reading your posts...

You are what your record says: 6-10 makes you one of the worst. The 2015 49ers that was coached by Tomsula won just one less game. The Giants have a bad offensive line, no run game, a washed up quarterback with zero arm strength that's only getting a pass for having two rings on his fingers and a clueless head coach that doesn't seem to realize that everyone has figured out his offense (though to McAdoo's credit he's at least considering ceding playcalling duties). These are all symptoms of bad teams.

Remember when the Panthers went 12-4 in 2008 and returned practically all of their starters and coaching staff? How did things work out the following year?

7 minutes ago, Malik said:

The Giants have had 2 playoff runs in the last 10 years. I wish people would stop hearkening back to that 07 season. It's not going to be repeated again.

No ones saying that going 0-2 in 2007 w/SB = 0-2 in 2017 = SB

Just that 0-2 and looking bad is not the death knell people make it out to be. Since 2007 9 teams out of 83 that have started 0-2 have made the playoffs. Yes the mathematical odds are highly unfavorable but it's not impossible either.

Everlong..6-10 would have put the Giants ahead or tied with 9 teams last year. So if your definition of "one of the worst teams" is the entire bottom 3rd of the league.. then so be it. When I talk about the "worst teams in the league" I'm talking about the 1,2,3 win teams. Not the teams that are 2 games away from .500. But whatever ...your agenda is showing clearly

Things could get really ugly for the Giants.

Here is their next 5 games...

Week 3: @ PHI
Week 4: @ TB
Week 5: vs. LAC
Week 6: @ DEN
Week 7: vs. SEA

Only games I see them possibly winning is this Sunday against the Eagles cause NFCE games are usually close and then the Chargers game at home.

The Eagles have a really good d-line that is gonna give that Giants d-line that has already given up 8 sacks in 2 weeks all it can handle.

The Chargers are 0-2 as well, but they could've sent the game against the Broncos to OT and won the Dolphins game if not for a block and a near miss field goal.

Assuming the game doesn't come down to a FG the Chargers can definitely win that game.

Well you know the Eagles are going to beat them twice, so there's 4 losses minimum right there, to go along with what will be an 0-3 start. Hard to overcome. Talib and Harris vs OBJ will be fun to watch in week 6. Potential fist fight between Talib and OBJ once those egos collide.

Archived