Rams new logo unveiled

.Buzz

27 minutes ago, Titans_Matt said:

Not saying I'm a huge fan, but let's be honest here, the logo police have never been happy with any new logos ever.

The biggest reaction most of us have is negatively to the LAC the colors are perfect and the Rams head can grow on people. I get what they were doing with the LAC, they’re trying to brand as Los Angeles’ team so they emphasize the LA and the horn and a lot of us think they did it poorly. We were the first team with a helmet logo and there isn’t a need to change it this drastically. The real test will be the uniforms next week. The Rams have also said that if there’s a big enough negative reaction to one of the logos they are open to getting rid of it. The Rams head logo hats are selling like hot cakes but people aren’t liking the LAC at all so there’s hope.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I really don’t understand the dislike for this logo. Even if you don’t like it, it seems much too tame to have such a strong opinion on it.

If the Los Angeles Chargers and to a lesser extent Los Angeles Clippers didn't exist, it would be a meh logo. But since they do, especially the Chargers, sharing the stadium, LAC, the color scheme, it's terrible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

For me, there's too much emphasis on LA and not enough on The Rams.
I understand the desire to make them "LA's team" and the branding that goes with it
But it looks like LA is the entree, the main course... and then they threw a stylized ram horn on there as a garnish.
The Rams should be the focus, not the (current) locale

Agree with this 1000%. 

It's pretty sad when someone with photoshop could up with something 10x better immediately after the launch.

• Like 8

Don't love it...but get it

LA_Primary_Reveal_1080x500.gif

• They want to be LA's team, so what better way to do that than put it on the primary Logo
  • Use of Gradients and shadows does give it some unique depth, I wonder if any of the other new logos will follow suit or not.

Colors-590x468.png

• I'm really surprised they went with a Royal Blue and not Navy, it fits the city but thought they were going to further separate themselves from the Chargers...this moved them closer.
  • I hope they embrace the Yellow and own that color. No one really uses it as a main thing.

Horn-System.png

• Makes sense to keep the Horns Uniform throughout the Branding
  • The line work on the head logo...it's pretty bad. Best I can guess is they wanted a modern simplified version of the like messy old hand drawn Ram heads they had.
    It's nowhere near strong enough to be a primary logo like some people have already seemed to want it to be.

Screen-Shot-2020-03-23-at-3.11.27-PM-cop

• For the Rams and LA I like the italicized wordmark
  • the Vertical one was a decent solution to a long name
  • The softer font works well for SoCal. Like it's big and bold, but it's kinda breezy..not so rough around the edges like say an east coast city

So the Uni's we should expect a Royal, Yellow and White uniform..they will try to where yellow on the road where they can instead of white is my guess.
The new segmented horn pattern will be on the helmets, not sure about if it will be a gradient or not.
We'll probably see the numbers having a similar segmented point on each, perhaps with differing Gradients on either side

• Like 1