Hoop or Robby?

Brit Pack

Hoop or Robby?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. There is not many receiving options available in FA and if we want to get more weapons in besides the draft, I see there are two realistic possibilities and they are both going to cost about the same amount $11 -$12m a season. Out of these two players who would you prefer?

• Robby Anderson, WR
    • Austin Hopper, TE
    • Keep the money in the bank

There is not many receiving options available in FA and if we want to get more weapons in besides the draft, I see there are two realistic possibilities and they are both going to cost about the same amount $11 -$12m a season. Out of these two players who would you prefer? 

Neither for me but if I have to pay a pass-catcher it's going to be Hooper, this is a strong WR draft class and a rather weak TE class. Not to mention TE's don't really have a big impact in their rookie seasons.  

Essentially, if I'm going to use Free Agency to fill needs, it's going to be where the draft is weak not at its strength.

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 2

Kind of surprised by the results so far. I’d go Hoop easy since the draft class is loaded at wr and he’s a way better TE than Anderson WR. There are also So many quality second round prospects.  Also, Robbie Anderson is like the 25th-45th best wr and wants top end money... gross.

I always get the keep the money argument. I get it more if we resigned Bulaga and just did extensions.

• Like 2

The people who chose the ‘neither’ option are the same people who would complain that we didn’t do enough to address the position in the off-season if our 1st or 2nd round rookie didn’t contribute significantly in year one. 

You’re also praying the TE group of Lewis, Sternberger and Tonyan produce . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

The people who chose the ‘neither’ option are the same people who would complain that we didn’t do enough to address the position in the off-season if our 1st or 2nd round rookie didn’t contribute significantly in year one. 

You’re also praying the TE group of Lewis, Sternberger and Tonyan produce . 

I'm kind of in the same boat that the draft won't give us immediate fire power, that will take some years to develop that talent and you can't expect a WR in round 1 or 2 to come in an immediately help, hence why the most realistic choices out there in FA are in the poll. 

I'm not happy really paying for either guy but that's what is on offer realistically in FA and we have been connected in some way with both at some point. The question in my mind is are we more comfortable with a TE group of Lewis, Jake, Tonyan vs WR#2/3 group of Lazard, MVS, EQ, Kumerow? Hooper is the better player but the other side is does Rodgers throw enough to TE's and then again maybe MLF wants to make the TE's more of a feature of the offence.

If the window is small we got spend the cash somewhere...

2 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I'm kind of in the same boat that the draft won't give us immediate fire power, that will take some years to develop that talent and you can't expect a WR in round 1 or 2 to come in an immediately help, hence why the most realistic choices out there in FA are in the poll. 

I'm not happy really paying for either guy but that's what is on offer realistically in FA and we have been connected in some way with both at some point. The question in my mind is are we more comfortable with a TE group of Lewis, Jake, Tonyan vs WR#2/3 group of Lazard, MVS, EQ, Kumerow? Hooper is the better player but the other side is does Rodgers throw enough to TE's and then again maybe MLF wants to make the TE's more of a feature of the offence.

If the window is small we got spend the cash somewhere...

I get what you're saying, and I also know we can't spend everywhere. 

I think it's comical when people say things " We need a running back/ running game" (Which was popular before Jones) are the same people who say " You don't pay RBs, you don't spend a first rounder on RBs"

and

"Our WR group besides Adams suck" are the same people who say " You don't spend in FA and don't take a WR in round 1!"  

Some people just go in a circle.

In my ideal off-season, we sign Hooper, trade Linsley, and sign Bulaga (If the contract is reasonable, if not don't trade Linsley.)

13 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

First plug the hole at right tackle.

Last year we had no hole at RT and we were still lacking firepower. This year if we wish we can keep, replace with a cheap vet, or draft that RT. However, we are most likely cutting our starting TE and we have the cash to be able to spend if we wish on both our RT and some offensive fire power which we need desperately. I don't feel whatever players on the offence skills positions we'll get in the draft will move things much for this offence next year.

It would be criminal for us not to upgrade either WR or TE in FA and that won't come at the cost of ponying up for Bulaga if we wish to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I get what you're saying, and I also know we can't spend everywhere. 

I think it's comical when people say things " We need a running back/ running game" (Which was popular before Jones) are the same people who say " You don't pay RBs, you don't spend a first rounder on RBs"

and

"Our WR group besides Adams suck" are the same people who say " You don't spend in FA and don't take a WR in round 1!"  

Some people just go in a circle.

In my ideal off-season, we sign Hooper, trade Linsley, and sign Bulaga (If the contract is reasonable, if not don't trade Linsley.)

There is a pretty significant gap between signing a FA for top end money at their position or a 1st round pick, and nothing.Same thing regarding your point with Jones. Yes it's good to have him. At the cost of a mid round pick. I want to sign someone's #3 who looks like he can be a #2 WR. Look at rounds 2-4 in the draft.

Yes you don't pay or spend high picks on RB. Yes you should be somewhat thrifty with WR too. That doesn't mean just throw whatever roster dregs out there and call it good.

22 minutes ago, spilltray said:

There is a pretty significant gap between signing a FA for top end money at their position or a 1st round pick, and nothing.Same thing regarding your point with Jones. Yes it's good to have him. At the cost of a mid round pick. I want to sign someone's #3 who looks like he can be a #2 WR. Look at rounds 2-4 in the draft.

Yes you don't pay or spend high picks on RB. Yes you should be somewhat thrifty with WR too. That doesn't mean just throw whatever roster dregs out there and call it good.

I understand your point. You don't need to sign top FAs. Unfortunately, there's not many WRs or TEs out there. 

The window we have isn't always going to be there, in fact it's closing . It's time to get what we need now imo.