Hoop or Robby?

Brit Pack

Hoop or Robby?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. There is not many receiving options available in FA and if we want to get more weapons in besides the draft, I see there are two realistic possibilities and they are both going to cost about the same amount $11 -$12m a season. Out of these two players who would you prefer?

• Robby Anderson, WR
    • Austin Hopper, TE
    • Keep the money in the bank

4 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

You guys are way too influenced by s***** takes on here. 

Austin Hooper will be 25 when the season starts , and has improved every single year. 

He’s averaged 700 yards over two seasons while being injured last year.

He also caught 79% of his targets. 

Let’s not forget, there has been very few TEs like Kelce, Kittle and Ertz in the history of the league. Just because Hooper isn’t one of them, doesn’t mean he ‘sucks’. 

This would be an incredible signing. 

What does he do really well?

6 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

If that's the case, then Robby Anderson must really suck.

He doesn’t suck, Anderson is just going to get way overpaid for what he is.... Hooper is like the 5th-12th best te depending on what you like. Anderson is like wr 25-45 (good number 2 who wants 1 money).

I think the question that a potential Hooper signing brings up is the feasibility of extending Graham one year to limit the cap hit this year. 

Change his deal from 1/11.6 (knowing you would cut him to get him down to 1/3.6) to something like 2/12 with a 4.5 million dollar cap hit this year. Saves you from the bleeding hole at TE. 

1 minute ago, pacman5252 said:

He doesn’t suck, Anderson is just going to get way overpaid for what he is.... Hooper is like the 5th-12th best te depending on what you like. Anderson is like wr 25-45 (good number 2 who wants 1 money).

And if you play 3 WRs and 1 TE per play, then the 25th-45th best WR is the equivalent of the 8th-15th best TE. 

Also, just because there's no talent at TE right now, doesn't mean that the 10th best TE impacts the game more than the 30th best WR. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What does he do really well?

Apparently he gets open and catches most of his targets.

20 plus teams would be thrilled with 700 yards from their TE. Mix in the fact that he's 25, and probably hasn't hit his ceiling yet and you have a very good player. 

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

20 plus teams would be thrilled with 700 yards from their TE. Mix in the fact that he's 25, and probably hasn't hit his ceiling yet and you have a very good player. 

Does he, or is it Atlanta's offense and the talent around him?

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Yup, only two drops on 93 targets

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think the question that a potential Hooper signing brings up is the feasibility of extending Graham one year to limit the cap hit this year. 

Change his deal from 1/11.6 (knowing you would cut him to get him down to 1/3.6) to something like 2/12 with a 4.5 million dollar cap hit this year. Saves you from the bleeding hole at TE. 

I’d say no just because we’d be running low on roster spots and I don’t think Grahm’s dead money number of 3.7m isn’t that bad. If it was 10m then I think you can make an argument 

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Does he, or is it Atlanta's offense and the talent around him?

I generally don't like the player X is only good because of player y debate. There is no doubt the threat of Julio Jones helps him. Hell, he'd help anyone. In terms of being a secondary option, which he would be here, Austin Hooper is very solid and I wouldn't say he's reliant on having elite talent around him. 

Edited by Rainmaker90

Over the course of this discussion my thinking has changed some what. Rather than feeling what could we do to make this offence a super power I now feel that let the offence be what it will be, there isn't enough decent pieces in FA to bring in. See if it naturally improves in year 2 of the MLF system but really start building a offence for the future. By that don't retain Bulaga, draft your RT, draft weapons which will emerge in a couple of years or so and possibly even draft your QB of the future. If this offence is a middling offence that might be enough with Rodgers. Let's stop worrying about Rodgers window.

Instead put all the resources in FA all in on defence. Make this team one where we have a really dominant defence, and a decent but not super explosive offence. The pieces in FA are available to be had for the defence i.e. MLB and D line. If we walked out of FA with Cory Littleton for example and a Hargrave I would feel we could be a great defence. 

14 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Over the course of this discussion my thinking has changed some what. Rather than feeling what could we do to make this offence a super power I now feel that let the offence be what it will be, there isn't enough decent pieces in FA to bring in. See if it naturally improves in year 2 of the MLF system but really start building a offence for the future. By that don't retain Bulaga, draft your RT, draft weapons which will emerge in a couple of years or so and possibly even draft your QB of the future. If this offence is a middling offence that might be enough with Rodgers. Let's stop worrying about Rodgers window.

Instead put all the resources in FA all in on defence. Make this team one where we have a really dominant defence, and a decent but not super explosive offence. The pieces in FA are available to be had for the defence i.e. MLB and D line. If we walked out of FA with Cory Littleton for example and a Hargrave I would feel we could be a great defence. 

Buy the defense, draft the offense.

10 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That's a lot of trust you're going to put on Lazard, MVS, EQ and a 1st round rookie. 

It's alright if your expectations of the offence are lower. That we are no longer trying to be a power house offence. I think we have enough with Bhak, Rodgers, Jones and Adams to be at least a middling offence. 

Build the offence for the future with this and the next draft. Get some good/great defence talent on defence this year to build on last years acquisitions. 

13 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That's a lot of trust you're going to put on Lazard, MVS, EQ and a 1st round rookie. 

I can trust my first round rookie to be my 3rd guy, and MVS/EQ + maybe a later rounder to be my 4/5/6th.

Edited by Gopackgonerd