Free agency is here, thoughts, news, rumors.

Dolphinmeister

Lots of draft speculation lately but what happens the next 3 weeks will greatly effect what needs to happen in the draft 6 to 7 weeks from now.

No late career veterans looking for that last retirement contract please, sign guys coming off of their rookie deals that can come in and contribute the next 3 to 5 seasons and set the example for all the young guys that will be coming in from the draft. Then as the new rookies play and mature into first string starters that are home grown Dolphins they will get paid in there 2nd contract as this years and next years free agent signings roll off the team the next 2 to 4 years.

Free agency signings begin March 18 at 4 PM

Edited by Dolphinmeister

Armando Salgeuro is reporting that the Dolphins have added Free Agent OG Erek Flowers from the Redskins.

PFF tagged Flowers as it’s 30th rated OG in 2019.  I’m OK with the player but I hate the price which is reportedly 3 yrs $30 Mil, $19.95 Mil fully guaranteed.  Move makes a little more sense if we plan to bring in Redskins LT Trent Williams.

https://phinphanatic.com/2020/03/16/miami-dolphins-go-big-first-free-agent-signing-ereck-flowers-done-deal/

Edited by Swampbilly

43 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Also, I don't hate either of those signings.  Both are only 25-26 and showed a good bit last year.  Not elite, but both are solid players with a bit more ceiling left.  The prices seem about right as well.  

I don’t hate the signings, but I question the price.  I guess we are gambling that Lawson plays like he did in 2018 and Flowers continues to play like he did last season.  If we manage to bring in Trent Williams to play next to Flowers on a 3 yr deal then I like the Flowers move a whole lot better.  I suppose it’s reasonable to believe Flores is the right Coach to get the most out of Lawson too.

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

Deiter moving to RG or OC?

Looking in my crystal ball I foresee C and competition at LG ( to push Flowers ) in Deiters future, depending on if we draft a Center before round 4 or not.  Despite what I’ve read in an article or two, I thought Dieter looked pretty bad last season and based off what I saw from him playing against U of Miami a couple seasons ago I thought the 3rd round was a little early for him.

Edited by Swampbilly