? Week 3 GDT @ Panthers - Noon CST - Three And Out?

Dome

1 minute ago, whodatworm23 said:

Hypothetical question for everyone...

Say the Saints continue to loose and Payton is shipped out of town. The Saints end up picking in the top 3.

Would you rather see the saints hire a young offensive mind and draft a young QB like Darnold, Rosen or Allen?

Or

Hire a defensive minded coach and go with a top dynamic defensive stud like Arden Key?

I'm an offensive minded guy myself, so I always go with offense.   I think the perfect passing offense is a work of art, and seeing it happen in New Orleans for the last decade was great, and it's a hard thing for me to let go of.

I wouldn't be opposed to a defense first philosophy, I just don't want to be one of those teams that scores 12 points a game because they have perennial garbage at QB.  If we're going defense first, I wanna be more like Seattle and less like Houston.

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

I'm an offensive minded guy myself, so I always go with offense.   I think the perfect passing offense is a work of art, and seeing it happen in New Orleans for the last decade was great, and it's a hard thing for me to let go of.

I wouldn't be opposed to a defense first philosophy, I just don't want to be one of those teams that scores 12 points a game because they have perennial garbage at QB.  If we're going defense first, I wanna be more like Seattle and less like Houston.

I tend to agree... Especially if were starting over at QB as well. I like Lions OC Jim Bob Cooter. 

I think we'd get a better overall coaching staff with a tandem such as Cooter as HC and a DC like Todd Bowles once the Jets fire him. 

The key is allowing the DC the freedom go install HIS defense and understand that when building a team botj sides of the ball are as important as the other.

18 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Say the Saints continue to loose and Payton is shipped out of town. The Saints end up picking in the top 3.

Would you rather see the saints hire a young offensive mind and draft a young QB like Darnold, Rosen or Allen?

Or

Hire a defensive minded coach and go with a top dynamic defensive stud like Arden Key?

There again, I'm a defense guy. I like putting up points just as much as the next guy, but when you barely beat the Giants 52-49, that's just embarrassing. I like the way the Panthers have been winning, only allowing field goals. That's tough football!!

Get the right QB, in the right system, and a great QB coach who knows how to work with a defensive minded head coach, then I think you're set. But that's just my take.

A guy like Mike Tomlin is a pretty good example. He knows how to get defensive guys to work, and can field a really good offense. Having Big Ben sure helps, but Tomlin has been really good for the Steelers. Maybe he'll get bored up there and want to come to NOLA on a whim..... but then he'd fail a drug test. He'd have to be whacked to leave what he's got. (pipe dreams)

34 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

There again, I'm a defense guy. I like putting up points just as much as the next guy, but when you barely beat the Giants 52-49, that's just embarrassing. I like the way the Panthers have been winning, only allowing field goals. That's tough football!!

Get the right QB, in the right system, and a great QB coach who knows how to work with a defensive minded head coach, then I think you're set. But that's just my take.

A guy like Mike Tomlin is a pretty good example. He knows how to get defensive guys to work, and can field a really good offense. Having Big Ben sure helps, but Tomlin has been really good for the Steelers. Maybe he'll get bored up there and want to come to NOLA on a whim..... but then he'd fail a drug test. He'd have to be whacked to leave what he's got. (pipe dreams)

I only agreed that the NFL is an offensive leauge... As such i dont rule out a young offensive guy like Cooter to draw Loomis attention much like Payton did in 06, especially if were drafting a young QB.

However... I grew up in the hey day of thd Dome Patrol. I also notice the trend of quality playoff teams with great defenses. Im a defensive guy at heart and would love nothing more than see Loomis go that route.

It's a QB league first and foremost, and you very rarely see teams win superbowl with garbage at QB.  It's rare to see a team like 2015 Broncos skull drag their team to a superbowl, and when it happens, it's usually a historically great defense.  And even then, Broncos had Peyton's veteran leadership.  There are multiple ways to win a superbowl, but in all of them you need to find a quality QB.

22 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Or

It's a QB driven league, and I think we need to draft a young QB. Someone who can lead us down the road. Try fix the D with different coach (attempt #7632).

Lets just hope for this game we give up less than 400 yards on offense.

Archived