Whitehead cut

Dessie

52 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Seemed like a good guy, but yeah it was time for him to go. Wish him the best 

He's a fine run player. But anything more than that and it's wayy out of his comfort zone. He was literally so bad in coverage with Joyner that if we were to replace both of them with plus starters, I'd actually wager we can be a top 15 defense based on the defense just based off of going from such stark negatives to pluses.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's a fine run player. But anything more than that and it's wayy out of his comfort zone. He was literally so bad in coverage with Joyner that if we were to replace both of them with plus starters, I'd actually wager we can be a top 15 defense based on the defense just based off of going from such stark negatives to pluses.

We might be able to get off of the field on 3rd down once in a while.

• Like 2

5/1/5 Defense with Simmons as the 1. LOL

I'd say the cut could have waited as I remember King making it known we had a need but even with Whitehead you could tell LB is a need. LOL

Sends a good message that if you're not in our plans we'll cut you in time to make another team. So I like the cut and timing. Might make some FA's with 3 year deals only 1 year and possible cut type deals look better signing with us (especially with Nevada taxes)

17 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Whoa... let's not count our chickens before they hatch. Have to actually upgrade the LB spots now.

His completion percentage against is higher than the NFL record for highest completion percentage for a QB.  We just need someone that makes QBs look like Pro Bowlers and not Hall of Famers.

• Like 1