Mock Draft Monday: 3/9/20 (Two Rounds)

BayRaider

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/Fwnyy3XNxp

(Two Rounds)

Trades:

Chargers trade 2020 3rd and 2021 2nd for OT Trent Williams

Chargers trade 2020 1st (#6), 2021 1st, and 2020 4th for Lions 2020 1st (#3), and 2021 3rd

Bills trade 2020 1st (#22) and 2020 2nd to Broncos for 2020 1st (#15) and 2020 5th

Free Agent Signings:

QB Dak Prescott to Cowboys (obviously)

QB Tom Brady signs 2 year deal with Patriots (not confident in this at all, could easily be Titans/Raiders)

QB Ryan Tannehil signs 4 year deal with Titans

QB Philip Rivers signs 2 year deal with Colts

QB Jameis Winston signs 1 year 31M deal with Bucs

QB Marcus Mariota signs 1 year deal 16M with Chargers

WR AJ Green re-signs with Bengals.

CB Byron Jones signs 4 year deal with Raiders.

EDGE Jadaveon Clowney signs 3 year deal with Eagles.

WR Robby Anderson signs 2 year deal with Patriots.

Please Read Mock Draft (link above) before reading on.

Draft Notes:

- I fully expect Dolphins or Chargers to trade up for Tua. Considering Dolphins are rebuilding, and Chargers are win-now mode, especially with a Top 5 Defense, I'll say Chargers this time around. Tua is a Franchise QB and Keenan Allen/Mike Williams are as good as a combo as it gets. Offensive Line needs help which is why I have them trading for Trent Williams and drafting Cesar Ruiz. Chargers are going all in for the Super Bowl the next three seasons. Not rebuilding. Not with that defense. Window is now.

- Panthers surprise with Jordan Love, who I think is QB3 in this class. Love has everything you want in a QB. Laser arm, great accuracy, great pocket presence, mobility, and able to make plays off script. He needs a year on the bench to learn defenses. Many criticize him for INTs but his HC gave him the go ahead to try to make plays for poor offense. I mean, it's Utah State for crying out loud. This also gives the Panthers a year to audition Cam Newton for other teams.

- I don't think Brown will tumble like some are suggesting and I think he's an excellent fit in Detroit.

- Colts nab speedster Ruggs III in a star studded offense, which now has Philip Rivers at the helm, a perfect fit for what the Colts do.

- Bills trade up (something Beane isn't afraid to do) to get a perfect fit for their offense: CeeDee Lamb. Lamb and Brown complement each other extremely well. Allen needs a physical strong WR opposite Brown. I'm a big fan of Brown and think this could be one of the best WR combos in the NFL.

- Broncos get the guy they want at 22, which is why they traded down: Denzel Mims. Mims at 15 is a little rich. I feel they need speed opposite Sutton and Mims is that guy that can do just about everything you want and has 4.39 speed. Sutton/Mims could end up the best WR combo in the entire NFL... ugh!

- Raiders surprise everyone with S Grant Delpit at 19. Obviously Queen/Murray are the picks 95% of the time here. But will Mayock have a Top 25 Grade on either of them? I'm not sure he will, especially on Murray. Mayock is all about value. He almost certainly has a Top 20 Grade on Delpit. Besides his tackling issues that can be coached up (and he tackled great in the CFB playoffs) Delpit was a Top 5 College Prospect entering the 2019 season. And outside of tackling, Delpit is one of the most well rounded safetys I've ever seen. He's gonna be an All-Pro in my opinion. Him and Abram could be the new Legion of Boom. Also, Gruden just commented last week that Joyner is staying at Nickel Corner and not moving to Free Safety. Although that could change I guess.

- Saints need a playmaking WR2 and I feel Aiyuk is that guy. Aiyuk is a very well rounded WR and can take any catch to the house, and is a weapon from anywhere on the field, short, intermediate, and deep.

- I don't see Herbert going Top 10 like a lot of people project. His range is 13-24 in this draft in my honest opinion. Here I have him going 18 to the Dolphins, who missed out on the Tua sweepstakes.

- In the 2nd Round, I have Eason going to Tampa Bay which seems like a perfect fit with his arm strength. Also solid insurance to Winston. I also have Fromm going to Chicago who can compete with Trubisky. Fromm is a solid game manager that could be exactly what the Bears need with their high level defense.

- 49ers need a CB but they also need to sure up the Interior Offensive Line. Chris Jones mauled them in the Super Bowl. They also had trouble in the 1st Seattle game. Cushenberry is the best guard in the draft in my opinion.

- I think Gross-Matos is a good fit for Atlanta. I'm higher on Gross-Matos than most, and he's that usual "potential" guy that they love. I see a lot of Aldon Smith in Gross-Matos.

- Vikings need a CB but they also need to get beefier on both the DL/OL. 49ers absolutely mauled them in the trenches on both sides of the ball. It was a beat down.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by BayRaider

Am I missing something with the Blacklock pick? I’ve seen numerous mocks on here with him mocked the Titans and I don’t understand it. They just drafted Simmons last year and still have Casey who is a good player. Jones is a solid NT and effective in the run game. Depth would be nice behind them but the Titans play a ton of nickel anyway so I just don’t get the point of another DL. They need edge rushers more than anything. Definitely got the second round pick right as far as need with the Titans likely letting Conklin go.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Am I missing something with the Blacklock pick? I’ve seen numerous mocks on here with him mocked the Titans and I don’t understand it. They just drafted Simmons last year and still have Casey who is a good player. Jones is a solid NT and effective in the run game. Depth would be nice behind them but the Titans play a ton of nickel anyway so I just don’t get the point of another DL. They need edge rushers more than anything. Definitely got the second round pick right as far as need with the Titans likely letting Conklin go.

Best 3T in the draft, very similar to Chris Jones. Not much value in OT or EDGE at this pick. Many Titans fans feel they need a pass rushing 3T, not that they will cut Casey, but he didn't win a lot of those pass rushing matchups and is really overpaid.

Edited by BayRaider

I actually like all 3 of the players we got and think all would help the Falcons tremendously.  The only problem here and it's quite a big one is Matos off field problem about him bullying people and until that gets cleared up if it ever does im about 99.9% sure he isn't on the Falcons board with our falcon filter in place.  I wouldn't mind matos although he needs a TON OF WORK.  But im also not going to sit here and lie and act like i don't know how my team operates and what they would probably do based on our past.   So for me specifically i prefer this draft but based on it being realistic on what TD and company has done it's not and the pick would likely be Chassion, Epenesa, or since TD trades up so much all the time in the 1st and has already talked about it a bit lol a probable trade up for Simmons, Brown, or Kinlaw makes sense if any of them fall within say 8 to 10 picks of us.

Edited by FalconFan13

Just now, BayRaider said:

Best 3T in the draft, very similar to Chris Jones. Not much value in OT or EDGE at this pick. Many Titans fans feel they need a pass rushing 3T.

What Titan fans? When is he going to play? I think adding a DL who can rush the passer could help but in nickel, it’ll be a lot of Casey and Simmons. Can’t see them spending that high of a pick on another DL. 

7 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

What Titan fans? When is he going to play? I think adding a DL who can rush the passer could help but in nickel, it’ll be a lot of Casey and Simmons. Can’t see them spending that high of a pick on another DL. 

Open to future suggestions. Value at OT/TE/EDGE is really horrid at this pick. 

23 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Well, if the Jags don’t grab any fat boys in the first two rounds, I hope it plays out exactly like that.

Pretty much this.

Ideally the Jags target a guy like Pierce/Harris/Hargrave or another NT in FA.