Mock Draft Monday: 3/9/20 (Two Rounds)

BayRaider

To be honest, that's kind of an underwhelming offer for the Lions. As a team that is in "win-now" mode, stockpiling a 1st next year (great) but only a 4th this year (not so great) doesn't really help them much. That's just adding pieces for the next regime to use to rebuild from. Lions absolutely will need a minimum of a 2020 3rd and more likely a 2020 2nd instead for QB premium. 

5 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

The Chargers are in win now mode and in their Super Bowl window with a rookie Tua while in the same division as the Chiefs?

bf0it7d15nn9vyulfny0cpcyn.602x410x29.gif

They have a Top 5 D. They have a Top 3 WR duo in the league. Chiefs worst two games in the league were against the Chargers. I mean... I feel it makes sense. But I get the sentiment. 

As noted, your DEN trade doesn't make a lot of sense, especially given DEN is trading away a premier WR for a 2nd tier WE. Regardless of his speed, Lamb would make the Broncos have the BEST WR tandem in the AFC West. I really like Mims as well, but even so I feel that trade is light (last year we got a 2nd and a 3rd in this years draft for moving down 10 spots) as we're moving down 7 spots for about the same 2nd. 

And if we were to trade, I'd prefer Kyle Duggers or Noah Igbinoghene at 46, Wilson is an OK pick but not all our (now) 13 picks are making this team, so the trade doesn't make sense.

3 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

As noted, your DEN trade doesn't make a lot of sense, especially given DEN is trading away a premier WR for a 2nd tier WE. Regardless of his speed, Lamb would make the Broncos have the BEST WR tandem in the AFC West. I really like Mims as well, but even so I feel that trade is light (last year we got a 2nd and a 3rd in this years draft for moving down 10 spots) as we're moving down 7 spots for about the same 2nd. 

And if we were to trade, I'd prefer Kyle Duggers or Noah Igbinoghene at 46, Wilson is an OK pick but not all our (now) 13 picks are making this team, so the trade doesn't make sense.

Noted for the future. 

I could see the Chargers trading up but I don't see them doing so AND spending on a QB in FA. I think they are happy with Tyrod Taylor as a stop gap till a rookie shows they are ready. Saving that $16m in this case means the ability to extend some of their guys who will be looking for another contract soon (ie: Bosa) or continue the upgrade of the O-line in FA. I don't think they go for Trent Williams either after using draft capital to trade up for Tua in this case. That is a LOT to give up draft wise over 2 years.

• Like 1