1980s Sci-Fi - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

In this thread we will be deciding the fourth entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Sci-Fi movie from the 1990s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Nominations are open! Please be clear that you are nominating flicks. Movies with 3+ nominations will make it into the polling phase. POSTERS WILL BE LIMITED TO FIVE NOMINATIONS. If you nominate more than 5 I will only count the top five. The changes in edited posts will not be counted. Nominations will close Wednesday, 3/11/2020 at 6pm EST. 

@Calvert28 @THE DUKE @FinneasGage @FourThreeMafia  @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

Boringest movie ever made will probably win.  Blade Runner is the prettiest thing in the world to fall asleep to, but it will still put you to sleep.

I am going to honorable mention The Quiet Earth, Innerspace, They Live and ET.

I am only going to nominate The Thing.  

Predator and Aliens I’ll nominate under action as the action is the focal point of those movies as opposed to any sci fi/ horror points.

Edited by Outpost31

Blade Runner
Aliens
Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars: Episode VI The Return of the Jedi
Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior

Missed the cut:
The Terminator
Mad Max Beyond the Thunderdome
The Fly

Consider Predator as action, Back to the Future as comedy and or adventure.  Solid group of movies but honestly Blade Runner all the damn way.  Sadly the entire Star Wars brand has been taken down because of all this Disney crap, Episode V and VI are freaking classics, would have to give a very slight nod to V honestly but it is a really close call.  

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

The Thing still eligible? If so, add that.

@Deadpulse this counts.  It’s eligible for everything.  Even romance.

A deleted scene featured a blow-up doll.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.denofgeek.com/movies/the-thing-deleted-scenes-included-a-missing-blow-up-doll/%3famp

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I am nominating The Thing for every genre in the 80’s.  Even romance.  Still a better romance story than Twilight.

Now after you poop your pants in anger because how dare I quote you, good luck against these in the 80s for romance.  Good night.

An Officer and a Gentleman
Children of a Lesser God
Terms of Endearment
The Blue Lagoon

Not even including Dirty Dancing because was not a giant fan of that.  

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You think two cousins having sex is better romance story than RJ MacReady and a blow-up doll? 

They were two kids who were uneducated and it was "stressful for them because of their lack of education on human sexuality" and did not know any better and were about to die on an Island....  And have you seen the young Brook Shields?   Maybe they were second cousins, but honestly who cares it is freaking Brook Shields.  That baby of theirs was pretty dumb though.  

• Like 1

1) Brazil

2) Blade Runner

3) Empire Strikes Back

4)  Predator (this really belongs more in Action, but with the ridiculous genre bending and ignoring we've allowed and seen win...)

5) Star Trek :IV

HM :

Terminator

Aliens

Scanners

The thing

Last Starfighter

Running Man