1980s Sci-Fi - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

32 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Then wheres The Empire Strikes Back poster?

Speaking of posters, this decade has the best representation of posters for any decade followed closely by the 90’s.  

I have two The Thing posters on my The Thing wall (along with all ten of the comics framed which I’ve never read, plus about 1,000 dollars worth of other memorabilia from the movie).  I also have Predator, Empire Strikes Back, Die Hard.  

The other posters I have are A Quiet Place, Tombstone, Jurassic Park, Last Action Hero, The Truman Show, Cabin in the Woods, Terminator 2 and The Mummy.  My theater room has space for two more posters and I don’t know which ones to get.  

Ideally I’d have a 24x36 poster for every 10/10 rating of mine, but a poster/frame costs about 30-40 total, and I’ve got about 30 10/10 movies, so the goal is just representation for each of them.  For my basement bathroom I’m going to have a smaller poster of the iconic Jeff Daniels pooping scene from Dumb and Dumber hanging above my toilet for example.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

That's a point I was thinking about as well.  Even in Godzilla (in a lot of iterations at least) it's typically the result of nuclear fall out or some experiment.  Every Kong I've seen is just that he was there on Skull Island.  Is there any version of King Kong where he came about because of the machinations of man, or is he always just essentially a force of nature?

Nope, it's Fantasy. All of the major King Kong releases have him as simply a giant gorilla because of the circumstances of his living situation.

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

You could buy a nice TV and sound system for close to that :)

That’s just how much I spent on that stuff. It’s worth far more now.  Both in real and sentimental value.  And no, the TV/sound system I have picked out is going to set me back 3,000.  

6 hours ago, SlevinKelevra said:

Holy crap, ephebophile alert?!?!. Does the FBI monitor this site?  At least you didn't say Pretty Baby I guess.

I'm almost the exact same age as Brooke Shields.  When she was that age, so was I.  I'm no weirdo.  Relax.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

That’s just how much I spent on that stuff. It’s worth far more now.  Both in real and sentimental value.  And no, the TV/sound system I have picked out is going to set me back 3,000.  

I've got a C8. thing is noice.

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

jeez, that's what a proper  .2     in a good setup should run, minimum   . Although with atmos,  it should really be .4

:)

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm almost the exact same age as Brooke Shields.  When she was that age, so was I.  I'm no weirdo.  Relax.

pretty sure its creepy to be 40 or 50 something and declare a 14-15 year old in their prime.  It implies you still think so.

40 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

jeez, that's what a proper  .2     in a good setup should run, minimum   . Although with atmos,  it should really be .4

:)

I know nothing about televisions and sound systems so I was just going to buy the most expensive sound system and hope it’s good.  If you’ve got advice I’ll take it.

The TV just had to be 85 inches or more.  Price range there is 2,000 give or take a hundred depending on the brand.

Edited by Outpost31

54 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

pretty sure its creepy to be 40 or 50 something and declare a 14-15 year old in their prime.  It implies you still think so.

I'm pretty sure you are not the arbiter of what is and is not "creepy."  I hate to say it, but people are physically superior when they are young to when they are old.  Why do you think NFL players only play until they are 30-35 years old?  Here is an example of Brooke:  The picture on the left is when she was in Blue Lagoon.  The picture on the right was taken fairly recently when she was 54 years old.  I'm sorry, but it isn't "creepy" to acknowledge that she looked better in the picture on the left, even for someone who is 100 years old.  I'm 55 years old and I have no shame in admitting that I looked better back in those days than I do now.  It's not opinion.  It's a fact.  :D

dZ8AHu0.jpg

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I know nothing about televisions and sound systems so I was just going to buy the most expensive sound system and hope it’s good.  If you’ve got advice I’ll take it.

The TV just had to be 85 inches or more.  Price range there is 2,000 give or take a hundred depending on the brand.

for the .2    part of the sound...

2 of these  https://www.amazon.com/SVS-PB-3000-Subwoofer-13-inch-Control/dp/B07K6WNK3K

well, you can't get anything that is close to "theater" level on a sub for under $1000.   You can get decent speakers on a $400-$500 per pair range.

(by that I mean getting under 20 hZ without distortion, with moving air (tactile), and with hitting SPL above 100 dB)