1990s Sci-fi - Official FF BMET (Poll + Tiebreaker)

Deadpulse

Sci-fi  

28 members have voted

1. 1. 1990s

• Ghost in the Shell
    • The Matrix
    • Jurassic Park
    • 12 Monkeys
    • Terminator 2: Judgement Day
    • The Fifth Element
    • Men in Black
    • Independence Day
    • Gattaca
  2. 2. 2000s Tiebreaker

• Children of Men
    • V For Vendetta

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2020 at 10:00 PM

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I am actually shocked T2 isn’t winning 

I love it and it's amazing and I wanted it to win, but it shared a decade with 2 other all-time greats that hit the trifecta as well: critics love it, fans love it, and it pushed boundaries for special effects.

I'm just glad the voting ended up how it should with the top 3 getting the respect they deserve.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I love it and it's amazing and I wanted it to win, but it shared a decade with 2 other all-time greats that hit the trifecta as well: critics love it, fans love it, and it pushed boundaries for special effects.

I'm just glad the voting ended up how it should with the top 3 getting the respect they deserve.

I’ll put it this way. I like the matrix. A lot. It changed everything. It’s not in the same league for me as JP and T2. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I’ll put it this way. I like the matrix. A lot. It changed everything. It’s not in the same league for me as JP and T2. 

Put Jurassic Park in Action/Adventure or Fantasy and it will do just fine so it is not a huge deal.  

The Matrix is crazy cool so it is pretty hard to beat it but if it lost it could have been put into action as well.

I am surprised people liked Children of Men that much, it was good but good enough to win a decade worth of Sci-Fi movies, no freaking way.  

Deciding between T2 and The Matrix is incredibly difficult.  I really don't know which way to go.

I didn't think much of Children of Men or V For Vendetta.  There has to have been a better movie during that decade.  I wish I had known about this tournament when the voting was up for that one.  :(

21 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Dystopian has always been a subgenre of sci fi, it just evolved on its own. We can’t have a category for every subgenre yall.

But when I was arguing about genre in the horror threads, it was totally different.

I’m not worried about genre anymore.  Both could be considered drama or science fiction or maybe even action.  I’m just concerned about V for Vendetta winning.  It’s really not that great.  Children of Men has two of the best single-shot sequences of the decade and was a fantastic film.  V for Vendetta wasn’t all that impressive other than being highly enjoyable.  

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I’m not worried about genre anymore.  Both could be considered drama or science fiction or maybe even action.  I’m just concerned about V for Vendetta winning.  It’s really not that great.  Children of Men has two of the best single-shot sequences of the decade and was a fantastic film.  V for Vendetta wasn’t all that impressive other than being highly enjoyable.  

Oh yeah. V for Vendetta is a good movie, but far from a great movie. Children of Men is head and shoulders above it.

Neither were my pick, but V wasn’t even in my top 5. If I made a longer list, it might not make my top 10.

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Oh yeah. V for Vendetta is a good movie, but far from a great movie. Children of Men is head and shoulders above it.

Neither were my pick, but V wasn’t even in my top 5. If I made a longer list, it might not make my top 10.

That's where I was on it as well.  It's a good movie, but I don't see it as a great one.