Call of Duty: Warzone

showtime

I decided to make a separate topic for this game since it's not apart of the Modern Warfare package.

You do not need to own Modern Warfare or have it installed to play Warzone.

The game will have two game modes at launch:  Battle Royale and Plunder.

Battle Royale:  150 people on a huge map.  New systems in place here - earn cash to purchase killstreaks, supply drops, etc while in-match.  Also introducing the Gulag, which is a 1v1 arena where players get sent if they die.  If you win the 1v1, you can respawn and have a second chance.  Among other features.

Plunder:  Race to deposit the most cash.

https://www.callofduty.com/warzone/features

One of the things I'm excited about is this seems like it's going to go the Fortnite and Apex Legends route of being a completely free-to-play game and will be updated over the years to add more content.

Maybe in the future we see the base Call of Duty games use this same model.

Excited to play but I'll be honest I'm a bit disappointed in the loot so far.  No healing items, just armor plates and there's no attachments.  All guns are preset and there's no customization outside of the one supply drop.  I get that they are trying to fix the nightmare looting from the last game (on console) but this seems like they went too far in the other direction.  

Edited by flyers0909

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

Excited to play but I'll be honest I'm a bit disappointed in the loot so far.  No healing items, just armor plates and there's no attachments.  All guns are preset and there's no customization outside of the one supply drop.  I get that they are trying to fix the nightmare looting from the last game (on console) but this seems like they went too far in the other direction.  

Oh wow.  I don't know much about the game.  I watched some video from JackFrags.  That doesn't sound too good.

7 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Are you serious? That sounds super lame! Thank God Apex has their rank mode. I'll just go back to that easy.