Pre-Draft Visits.

KingTitan

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

surprisingly little time spent on edge imo. i hope neglecting edge rusher doesn't become a perennial thing with this staff

I still would love Baun in the 1st, but that's with an eye on the future.  But I actually feel a lot more comfortable with our group going into this year moreso than last year. You can only hope Landry becomes more consistent, and I feel Beasley is a huge upgrade over Wake. I've been a fan of Correa since we traded for him, and he showed up big down the stretch last year. I also like the flashes we saw from Roberson... Definitely developmental, but I'm confident in Vrabel's input and coaching ability there. 

I also feel there's decent value in the mid rounds with guys like Zuniga, Weaver, Anae, etc (3-5,especially if we can get an extra pick in here somewhere) 

Clowney would obviously add to the unit, but I feel we're good even where we're at now. 

3 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I still would love Baun in the 1st, but that's with an eye on the future.  But I actually feel a lot more comfortable with our group going into this year moreso than last year. You can only hope Landry becomes more consistent, and I feel Beasley is a huge upgrade over Wake. I've been a fan of Correa since we traded for him, and he showed up big down the stretch last year. I also like the flashes we saw from Roberson... Definitely developmental, but I'm confident in Vrabel's input and coaching ability there. 

I also feel there's decent value in the mid rounds with guys like Zuniga, Weaver, Anae, etc (3-5,especially if we can get an extra pick in here somewhere) 

Clowney would obviously add to the unit, but I feel we're good even where we're at now. 

Agreed.  Next year, when Beasley's contract runs out, we'll likely have an EDGE problem, but we don't at the moment.  I'm actually really eager to see what D'Andre Walker adds.  I know a lot of people were high on him around draft time.  If he lives up to what his billing was then, he'll be a legitimate rotational player like Correa.  If Roberson shows growth as well, then we suddenly have a very deep group of EDGEs.

I think more than anything else though, it's the distribution of talent in the class.  This year's DT, WR, CB, and OT classes are special, and that's where the Titans are spending the most time: with the best prospects.

• Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State (PRI)
  • Cameron Clark, OT, Charlotte (EW)
  • Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State (VIR)
  • Quartney Davis, WR, Texas A&M (COM)
  • Leki Fotu, DT/3-4DE/NT, Utah (VIR)
  • Kristian Fulton^, CB, LSU (COM, VIR)
  • Alohi Gilman, S, Notre Dame (VIR)
  • Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU (VIR)
  • Jon Greenard^, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Florida (PRI, VIR)
  • C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida (PRI)
  • Robert Hunt, OT, La.-Lafayette (VIR)
  • Josh Jones, OT, Houston (PRI)
  • James Lynch, DE, Baylor (COM)
  • Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M (PRI)
  • Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (VIR)
  • James Morgan, QB, Florida International (VIR)
  • Larrell Murchison, DT, N.C. State (VIR)
  • Alex Pechin, P, Bucknell (EW)
  • John Penisini, DT, Utah (EW)
  • Malcolm Perry, WR, Navy (EW)
  • Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (VIR)
  • Amik Robertson^, CB, Louisiana Tech (COM, VIR)
  • Ke'Shawn Vaughn, RB, Vanderbilt (COM)
  • Dallas Warmack, G, Oregon (VIR)
  • Darrynton Evans, RB, App State (PRI)

everybody we have talked to and had virtual visits with so far.

COM- combine, VIR-Virtual visit, EW-Shrine game, PRI- private visit

Edited by 615finest
  • Like 1

I like Alton Robinson. He has traits, but he is a straight bullrusher. The Titans staff could probably coach him up.

Not so high on Murchison. Dude is strong, but I feel like he’s even more one note than Robinson. If he’s grabbed late though, not bad.