Week 3 GDT vs Da BEARS.

JDLefebvre

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

I felt it was a trap game early on, but I'm starting to think it's going to be a statement game. Something like 42-10. 

I agree with that. It's not like we're flying high as a team right now. I think they come in focused because they know they can be beaten. I expect a massive game for the offense. 

3 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

We'll be fine.  I'm not worried about the Bears.  I'm more concerned with injuries to Gilbert, Tuitt, and Watt.  

Meh...while Im always worried about injuries to key players, its not like any of those 3 are ruled out....and even if they are, we should still be able to beat the Bears without them.    

I'm not worried about the injuries for THIS game.  Maybe to Gilbert, since that could lead to Ben getting hurt if his backup sucks.  But we saw against the Vikings that Alualu or w/e his name is and the other DL replaced Tuitt pretty well.  Chickilo and Silverback should be able to fill in for Watt as long as Dupree is healthy.   In other words, the depth at those positions on D is good enough to get by against a JV team like the Bears.  I do wonder though if they get their rushing attack going, with a good power back in Jordan Howard, and their interior OL of Whitehair and Long is able to wear down the DL, if Tuitt's absence could have a bigger impact than we think.  Those are the only 2 OL I can think of on the Bears right now.  Whitehair is a guy I was hoping the Steelers would draft to replace Foster and possibly Pouncey if he's hurt like usual.  As a result, when I have watched the Bears play I watched him closer than I typically do opposing OL to see how he turned out.  I watched Long just because of who his dad was.  I don't think the Bears' OL is supposed to be very good though overall, if I remember correctly. 

But I am worried about the injuries long term. If they linger that could lead to problems down the road.  But for now, not too worried about it.

46 minutes ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

I'm not worried about the injuries for THIS game.  Maybe to Gilbert, since that could lead to Ben getting hurt if his backup sucks.  But we saw against the Vikings that Alualu or w/e his name is and the other DL replaced Tuitt pretty well.  Chickilo and Silverback should be able to fill in for Watt as long as Dupree is healthy.   In other words, the depth at those positions on D is good enough to get by against a JV team like the Bears.  I do wonder though if they get their rushing attack going, with a good power back in Jordan Howard, and their interior OL of Whitehair and Long is able to wear down the DL, if Tuitt's absence could have a bigger impact than we think.  Those are the only 2 OL I can think of on the Bears right now.  Whitehair is a guy I was hoping the Steelers would draft to replace Foster and possibly Pouncey if he's hurt like usual.  As a result, when I have watched the Bears play I watched him closer than I typically do opposing OL to see how he turned out.  I watched Long just because of who his dad was.  I don't think the Bears' OL is supposed to be very good though overall, if I remember correctly. 

But I am worried about the injuries long term. If they linger that could lead to problems down the road.  But for now, not too worried about it.

I don't think Long has played this year. Their O-line has been a major weakness so far. 

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't think Long has played this year. Their O-line has been a major weakness so far. 

The OL has been fine and Long is coming back to play OG which should make them even better.

Glennon has screwed them. He cannot move and has walked into 4 of the 5 sacks this season. Running the ball has been impossible because there is no threat to pass the ball downfield. Against TB there were 8-9 guys in the box the entire game. The Bears OC came out and said they have to execute perfectly in the run game because they are out numbered.

4 hours ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

This is exactly what I'm talking about.  Bicep and Groin injuries are the types of things that can linger for weeks.  Key positions to be worrying about that so early in the season.

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The OL has been fine and Long is coming back to play OG which should make them even better.

Glennon has screwed them. He cannot move and has walked into 4 of the 5 sacks this season. Running the ball has been impossible because there is no threat to pass the ball downfield. Against TB there were 8-9 guys in the box the entire game. The Bears OC came out and said they have to execute perfectly in the run game because they are out numbered.

What is the word out of Chicago on Trubisky?  I thought he looked quite outstanding in a preseason game I caught.  I was shocked he looked that good.  Is Shaheen doing anything?  Is he even playing?  I think down the road those 2 could be a monster duo.  But that's if they both hit their ceilings basically.  While I got you here, what are your thoughts on Whitehair?  I thought he was a steal for you guys.  You guys have had a few of them recently I think.....not necessarily steals, but guys I liked anyway.

2017-steelers-vs-bears.jpg

Bears hold an 18 - 7 - 1 Advantage

Last Meeting: 9/22/13 Bears over Steelers  40 -23 at Heinz Field. The Steelers tasted just like chicken to the Bears in that one.  Not one of our better showings as we got whopped pretty good.

Pittsburgh-Steelers-vs-Chicago-Bears-Liv

Bears-steelers-768x512.jpg

Steelers keys to victory:

1. Don't under-estimate the Bears. - - Many call this a trap game as the Bears have a history of being successful against the Steelers similar to the Philadelphia Eagles who put a whooping on the Steelers last year around this time.

2. Let the offense open up.  It is time for the Killer B's 2017 to emerge. A steady dose of LeVeon Bell will inspire the OL and open up passing lanes and hopefully the creative mind of our OC Todd Haley.  Look for AB, Martavis and company to pressure the Bears defense.

k0NBU2rVMKEgKw4sfD38HtESXjyDUI9Wyfs53HXz

3. Do not give the Bears cheap opportunities. Penalties and turnovers will doom the Steelers and put a Bear claw  ont heir opportunity to win.

4. Keep up the defensive pressure. The Steelers defense has been a pleasant surprise in 2017. The pass rush has looked very good. Despite not getting a lot of sacks against the Vikings, the Steelers put constant pressure on their QB.

vince-williams-vikings-2017-777x437.jpg

5. Play 60 minutes of Steelers football. The Defense and Special Teams have outplayed the Steelers offense the first two weeks of the season. I have not seen the Steelers play many complete games (play well in all four phases) over the past several years. Time for coaching, special teams, offense and defense to start coming together.

UP%20CLOSE_Haley_LeClaire.jpg

6. Don't get Glennoned' again. A good offense helps a defense be even better. We saw that week one as the Browns defense kept our vaunted offense on the sidelines and then our offense made too many careless penalties to put themselves in negative situations. Do that to the Bears.  Glennon upset the Steelers in Pittsburgh a few years ago with Tampa Bay. Keep him on the sideline or on his backside.

Mike-Glennon-GettyImages-848537966-1.jpg

Archived